OSA Radio - Old Skool Music 24/7

Listeners @

I feel like a right scruff I feel like a right scruff I feel like a right scruff I feel like a right scruff I feel like a right scruff
'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

BBDD Easter

Thread: I feel like a right scruff

I feel like a right scruff

I'm getting that Lasik eye surgery at some point very soon and I broke the arm on my glasses. So now I have a 500 quid pair of Versace Specs with tape on them ala Jack Duckworth styleeeeee.

Needless to say i only wear em in the house
    It sometimes feels like a strange movie, you know, it's all so weird that sometimes I wonder if it is really happening.

haha

but no point shelling out on some new ones if you're about to get your eyes 'mended'

would love to have that done but you know how it is..always something else comes up to pay for instead and it keeps dropping further down the list
    will be interested to hear how it goes though, would you mind giving us a full report afterwards dude? D:
    are you having both done at once? Dunno if i'd rather have one eye done first, see how it goes, then the other after, just in case something went wrong

someone I used to work with had it done but could only afford one eye to start with then had to save up more for the other. She had to have the lens removed in her glasses and replaced with clear glass on the good side til she could get it done

I quite like my glasses but they still piss me off having to fanny about with them all the time, and contact lenses are a bit of a pain too, but i'm blind as a bat without them

dunno if I could have the surgery anyway tbh, apart from being hideously short sighted, also got a bit of mild astigmatism too (great.. ) so dont know if that affects your chances or not

ooooh Id love to get laser surgery too....I same as Teece with the astigmatism and also blind as a bat...
    Let us know how you get on Ste..
    Hope it goes well ya scruff

Down the front on the left by the speakers at the Ark
    eye eye all. i am booked in for that on the 28th. am cacking myself.

All tapes/Mp3's wanted from Ark - Will trade/buy

If you wanted to go with the flow...would you queue for it?????
    my auntie had it done. she was well blind before-and now doesn't need anything!!!

I think lazer eye treatment is amazing!!!!!!!!! good luck guys x

im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
    id love to have the surgery but never thought my eyes were bad enough to have it done.....

but my eye sight has seriously deteriated and i need my glasses more and more

i got a stigger thingy with my eyes and gigs are getting more expensive.....plus i dont think i could wear contacts so i guess within the next few years im gonna be having the surgery done

i know loads that have had it done and they realy reccomend it

I know a few people who have had it done and have never looked back

Don't think I'd have it done though, I like the option of a dual image, geeky or non geeky lol

Sure thing will let you know how it goes, just gotta shop around as to where to get it done. OVer here in the USA each state is kinda like a different country and things are cheaper in each state and other states do better jobs etc its rather odd to be honest lol.

Ive never tried the whole contacts thing but the thought of putting stuff in and out of my eyes has never appealed, so I think surgery is the way forward as Ive heard all good reports about it.
    It sometimes feels like a strange movie, you know, it's all so weird that sometimes I wonder if it is really happening.

Quote Originally Posted by T.C View Post
    .. Dunno if i'd rather have one eye done first, see how it goes, then the other after, just in case something went wrong

Yeah, me too, kinda worries me that I'll end up totally blind!

"Everyone gets caught up in ths f**ing categorizing shit, but at the end of the day you've got good shit and bad shit. You've got music you can feel and music you just want to throw away."

doesn't it potentially degenerate again too further down the line? its not necessarily permanent as far as I know...

still amazng that they can even do it though I love surgeons, they rock

Down the front on the left by the speakers at the Ark
    well had it done 5pm on tuesday, now got better than 20/20 vision. no pain, just a bit sticky on the eyes and that will go. all of us might need reading glasses at age 45ish, this doesn;t prevent that, only short sightedness. still keep reachign for my glasses which is weird. so basically all good.
    All tapes/Mp3's wanted from Ark - Will trade/buy

I've never been keen on the idea wearing contacts either, but given a choice between putting a little bit of plastic in my eye, or having a laser burn my cornea, I know which one I'd pick.

There = that place
    Their = belonging to them
    They're = they are

Your = belonging to you
    You're = you are

Quote Originally Posted by enfield_paul View Post
    . still keep reachign for my glasses which is weird. so basically all good.
    lol, I bet i'd do that too, I do it now! If ive got my lenses in , or have put my glasses away, I find myself pushing my glasses back up on my nose, even if they're not there!! Habit I guess

Glad it went well anyway dude

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepiano View Post
    I've never been keen on the idea wearing contacts either, but given a choice between putting a little bit of plastic in my eye
    I used to think that, the thought used to make me shudder, but theyre not as bad as you think
    Get a bit uncomfortable after a while sometimes, and if you fall asleep in the buggers and try and get them out the next day.... arrgh
    Sometimes they break when in your eye, which hurts, but its not as bad as it sounds, your eye can stream and it feels like youve got something in it and its really irritated, then you take your lenses out and it comes out in pieces/ with a jagged edge or split, but its ok, theyre nice and soft
    I'd be lost without mine sometimes, I love them. Love having the choice, is probably more accurate
    Given the choice i'd rather be able to see properly in the 1st place My appalling eyesight regularly bugs the shit outta me

The cultural center of England.....Birmingham
    i really want to sort my eyes. now 36 years young lol, close up they are amazing and clear, from distance i need glasses big time, prob due to job and too much computer browsing like now.

anyways i know someone who had it done and it worked for her distance but it fooked her close up vison up and needs glasses for that. i cant take that chance.

but i know someone who had done and was amazing for her clear as hell now no glasses.
    also heard you can only have done once in ya lifetime and they can get bad again, so not sure if to wait till really bad and get done ...

well confused all help and info really appreciated

lol sorry i was no help to anyone
    AVFC

PS3 gamer name simzzzz