OSA Radio - Old Skool Music 24/7




Listeners @

Post a Pic of Ya Dex Thread! Post a Pic of Ya Dex Thread! Post a Pic of Ya Dex Thread! Post a Pic of Ya Dex Thread! Post a Pic of Ya Dex Thread!
'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

BBDD Easter

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 408

Thread: Post a Pic of Ya Dex Thread!

  1. #361

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    1,019
    Benny Digital and Monty have great digital set ups however have made one simple mistake.......

    .........decks are the wrong way round!

  2. #362

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pink makes the boys wink....
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by siman91 View Post
    Benny Digital and Monty have great digital set ups however have made one simple mistake.......

    .........decks are the wrong way round!
    Hahahahaaa. Maybe yours are the wrong way round? Where's the rule book?
    Party people your dreams have now been fulfilled..
    Get your ass up and lets get ill!


    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...p?id=706576471 <<< My Facbook.

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7095287&ref=mf <<< Picks Facebook page.

  3. #363

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pink makes the boys wink....
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsta View Post
    1210,s I would say the turntables are and the mixer is a Pioneer DJM S9 Two Channel Serato DJ DVS Battle Mixer. I would be tempted to resist that mixer as it takes away the fun out of beat mixing by ear. .But I guess the positive to having a mixer that does the beat mixing for you is. That you don't have to have speakers on. Then you don't piss your neighbours off, what I did a lot of in the 90's. I have more respect now for my neighbours as am older. But back in the 90,s I use to have a KEF Subwoofer and the bass on them things will make you window shudder lol and really piss your neighbours off.
    1200's - Serato DJ has "Sync" I never use it, and you certainly don't have to. It doesn't work very well anyway. I still mix by ear, there's no magic "mix" button on the S9. It can be used for so much more than big long bore off mixes. 25+ dj'ing under my belt, I feel the urge to do more. Never be scared of technology!
    Party people your dreams have now been fulfilled..
    Get your ass up and lets get ill!


    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...p?id=706576471 <<< My Facbook.

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7095287&ref=mf <<< Picks Facebook page.

  4. #364

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,024
    Hehe decks Wong Way Wound!

    About the Pioneer DJM-S9 i dont know why you think the Pioneer DJM-S9 mixes for you its not an "automatic mixer" its a DJ vinyl mixer with Serato built in thats all it is & errm! with some other good shit built in, all the oldskool Hifi separates "ROCK" i still love the sound of the oldskool Hifi separates more so early nineties & eighties HiFi's the oldskool silver ones! so much power & sound quality "ROCKS"!.....But nothing beats the sound of a mixer directly plugged into an amped quality pair off monitor speakers the sound is incredible wish i did it years ago but i have mostly used amped monitors speakers for my production setup, get rid of them Hifi separates & buy yourself amped good quality speakers straight out of the mixer directly into the speakers!... The speakers i have which i have not had for long they sound fantastic they just throw out music energy to me & more so the way i have my speakers directly facing each ear!...I love going through my tunes thinking "wonder what this one sounds like with these speakers"!...

    PS:Also it is good to see posts on OSA again i quit my facebook account months ago i can't stand the place!....

    I do miss my Allen & Heath Xone:92 when i had my decks the Wong Way Wound!

    https://www.discogs.com/seller/DJ.Monty/profile <------------------ My Discogs Store
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/montys-vinyl-store <----------------------- My eBay Store

    The ones that can = Do
    The ones that don't = Dream
    The ones that can't = Hate


    "It all makes sense when there is breakbeats"

  5. #365

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pink makes the boys wink....
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Hehe decks Wong Way Wound!

    About the Pioneer DJM-S9 i dont know why you think the Pioneer DJM-S9 mixes for you its not an "automatic mixer" its a DJ vinyl mixer with Serato built in thats all it is & errm! with some other good shit built in, all the oldskool Hifi separates "ROCK" i still love the sound of the oldskool Hifi separates more so early nineties & eighties HiFi's the oldskool silver ones! so much power & sound quality "ROCKS"!.....But nothing beats the sound of a mixer directly plugged into an amped quality pair off monitor speakers the sound is incredible wish i did it years ago but i have mostly used amped monitors speakers for my production setup, get rid of them Hifi separates & buy yourself amped good quality speakers straight out of the mixer directly into the speakers!... The speakers i have which i have not had for long they sound fantastic they just throw out music energy to me & more so the way i have my speakers directly facing each ear!...I love going through my tunes thinking "wonder what this one sounds like with these speakers"!...

    PS:Also it is good to see posts on OSA again i quit my facebook account months ago i can't stand the place!....

    I do miss my Allen & Heath Xone:92 when i had my decks the Wong Way Wound!

    Was a real stab in the dark. It's not a controller, by any means.
    Party people your dreams have now been fulfilled..
    Get your ass up and lets get ill!


    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...p?id=706576471 <<< My Facbook.

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7095287&ref=mf <<< Picks Facebook page.

  6. #366

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny-Digital View Post
    Was a real stab in the dark. It's not a controller, by any means.
    I know it's not a controller,I have owned a s2 and s4 and spent 3 years using traktor pro for mixing, whiles getting the funds together to buy some decks, when I learn't to mix none of this stuff was about, but I wanted to keep it basic and you can do amazing mixers without all the technology. I never own a computer until I was 27 so say 2002.all I use to do is mix . 3 decks would probably do the same as one of them mixers. Mixing 3 records together you can pull of some amazing mixes. All I was trying to say if I was going to buy one of them mixers was I would use it to cheat. The temptation would get to much for me. So I stay clear of them. I know they have loads of sound affect and are great fun and I agree technology is great and it's nice to move forward. I have done that with my computers and hi fi. But I want to keep this part of my life as pure as I can so I chose to have it nearly the same as I had my set up in the 90,s. I have use the mixing gadgets and Don, t want to take that route. Am not tring to offend anyone, I think the guy has a great set up.I know that mixer is expensive and am sure it's great fun!!! I have fucked around with all the gadgets and am bored of it all and want to keep it basic.

    http://buzzin-house.com
    Another old skool forum you might want to check out, updated regularly with new mixes

  7. #367

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pink makes the boys wink....
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsta View Post
    I know it's not a controller,I have owned a s2 and s4 and spent 3 years using traktor pro for mixing, whiles getting the funds together to buy some decks, when I learn't to mix none of this stuff was about, but I wanted to keep it basic and you can do amazing mixers without all the technology. I never own a computer until I was 27 so say 2002.all I use to do is mix . 3 decks would probably do the same as one of them mixers. Mixing 3 records together you can pull of some amazing mixes. All I was trying to say if I was going to buy one of them mixers was I would use it to cheat. The temptation would get to much for me. So I stay clear of them. I know they have loads of sound affect and are great fun and I agree technology is great and it's nice to move forward. I have done that with my computers and hi fi. But I want to keep this part of my life as pure as I can so I chose to have it nearly the same as I had my set up in the 90,s. I have use the mixing gadgets and Don, t want to take that route. Am not tring to offend anyone, I think the guy has a great set up.I know that mixer is expensive and am sure it's great fun!!! I have fucked around with all the gadgets and am bored of it all and want to keep it basic.
    I respect that. SDJ is no Traktor though - Vinyl emulation with all the trimmings, that's best to describe it.
    Party people your dreams have now been fulfilled..
    Get your ass up and lets get ill!


    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...p?id=706576471 <<< My Facbook.

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7095287&ref=mf <<< Picks Facebook page.

  8. #368

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,024
    Bought some extra bits:

    Apple Wireless Magic Keyboard (bluetooth works in Hackintosh OSX & Windows 10)
    Apple Wireless Trackpad 2 (bluetooth works in Hackintosh OSX & Windows 10)
    Alesis NanoCompressor (to compress the mic)
    Behringer FBQ800 9-Band Equalizer (to cut out some mid "i hate" & has a low cut if needed)
    Roland Vocal Transformer (vocal effects for mic)
    Shure M44G Carts (also keeping my pair of Stanton 500.v3 with original stylus)

    My setup is built like a cockpit you can see the mixer & monitor without moving your head just moving my eyes so i don't get any kind off motion sickness my eyes don't go out of focus it also takes to long looking around to much, the speakers are directed straight into my ears "sweet spot" (the way it should be) all the glory from the music i never miss a thing! & makes the music feel its come from the area i am standing in not from 3 metres away, with the speakers directed to me & up close it feels like your sitting inside the music sounds powerful everything is close to me just an eyeball & eardrum away also you don't have to have it as loud.

    I also installed 2 new tonearms & removed the click from the pitches & cutting the orange wire so its smooth around the zero point no quartz kicking in just glides through, i bought some Yellow & Orange self adhesive paper & some Yellow & Orange self adhesive Dots in different sizes & a paper trimmer to cut perfect markers as you can see the pic & i made some Yellow 7" centre hole spindle adapters.

    Post a Pic of Ya Dex Thread!-decks-shure-jpg
    https://www.discogs.com/seller/DJ.Monty/profile <------------------ My Discogs Store
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/montys-vinyl-store <----------------------- My eBay Store

    The ones that can = Do
    The ones that don't = Dream
    The ones that can't = Hate


    "It all makes sense when there is breakbeats"

  9. #369

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pink makes the boys wink....
    Posts
    2,781
    Nice! Those speaker stands, are they on the floor or just table stands?
    Party people your dreams have now been fulfilled..
    Get your ass up and lets get ill!


    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...p?id=706576471 <<< My Facbook.

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7095287&ref=mf <<< Picks Facebook page.

  10. #370

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,024
    Table stands:

    Ardan Audio Elevation Pro EVP-M1

    products Ardan Audio

    Post a Pic of Ya Dex Thread!-ardanaudioevpm1_01-jpg

    https://www.discogs.com/seller/DJ.Monty/profile <------------------ My Discogs Store
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/montys-vinyl-store <----------------------- My eBay Store

    The ones that can = Do
    The ones that don't = Dream
    The ones that can't = Hate


    "It all makes sense when there is breakbeats"

  11. #371

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    1,019

    Almost complete.

    Our basement music room/back half of the garage is near complete. Need some time to go through the records and push some out as seeing them now all unpacked, I have too many.

    S
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a Pic of Ya Dex Thread!-image-jpg  


  12. #372

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    728
    Looking good Siman

  13. #373

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,367
    Wow!!!! Siman that's a shit load of records you have

    http://buzzin-house.com
    Another old skool forum you might want to check out, updated regularly with new mixes

  14. #374

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    1,019
    Post a Pic of Ya Dex Thread!-image-jpg

    Post a Pic of Ya Dex Thread!-image-jpg

    Left side is WBMX to 93 house including some progressive

    Under the decks, late house and 88-93 Italian

    Right side is hardcore 90 to 93.

    Top boxes full of mix tapes and top row of records mostly unsorted. About 1/4 of collection bought from Jumpin Jack Frost so loads of whites and test pressings.

    S

  15. #375

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pink makes the boys wink....
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by siman91 View Post
    Our basement music room/back half of the garage is near complete. Need some time to go through the records and push some out as seeing them now all unpacked, I have too many.

    S
    Immense collection.
    Party people your dreams have now been fulfilled..
    Get your ass up and lets get ill!


    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...p?id=706576471 <<< My Facbook.

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7095287&ref=mf <<< Picks Facebook page.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •