OSA Radio - Old Skool Music 24/7




Listeners @

Nostalgic tears......:( Nostalgic tears......:( Nostalgic tears......:( Nostalgic tears......:( Nostalgic tears......:(
'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

BBDD Easter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Nostalgic tears......:(

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On Cloud 9!!!
    Posts
    18,200

    Nostalgic tears......:(

    Cus im off today with my back i got a bit bored.. ... so i decided to pull a random video off the shelf and watch wot ever was on it....from start to finish! (Bearing in mind i m none to great at labelling the damn things) so pot luck as they say.....

    Any way i stick the tape on.........and i get the adverts...........fast forward

    It was a documentary i taped wot seems yrs ago called THE CHEMICAL GENERATION.......dont even recall watching it b4.......bonus and my luck is defo in i thought.....

    Its touched on ibiza in1988 all the hacienda djs and the club itself....the illeagal raves and shows footage of convoys, masses of people in sweaty warehouses, people dancing in feilds mid morning....which led me to thinking ' that was me....oh my god......then came the goosebumps......and then came the post goosebump nostalgic tears of realising the fact i will never do that or experience that again! not like it was anyway.....

    It overwhelms me...and i thank god i was part of it all..........All i can say is im glad i found Hazy....wot a regret that would have been........

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere baby, that's where I'm at...
    Posts
    20,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star
    Cus im off today with my back i got a bit bored.. ... so i decided to pull a random video off the shelf and watch wot ever was on it....from start to finish! (Bearing in mind i m none to great at labelling the damn things) so pot luck as they say.....

    Any way i stick the tape on.........and i get the adverts...........fast forward

    It was a documentary i taped wot seems yrs ago called THE CHEMICAL GENERATION.......dont even recall watching it b4.......bonus and my luck is defo in i thought.....

    Its touched on ibiza in1988 all the hacienda djs and the club itself....the illeagal raves and shows footage of convoys, masses of people in sweaty warehouses, people dancing in feilds mid morning....which led me to thinking ' that was me....oh my god......then came the goosebumps......and then came the post goosebump nostalgic tears of realising the fact i will never do that or experience that again! not like it was anyway.....

    It overwhelms me...and i thank god i was part of it all..........All i can say is im glad i found Hazy....wot a regret that would have been........

    awwwwwwwww babes

    ps any chance of a rip ?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On Cloud 9!!!
    Posts
    18,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoomster
    awwwwwwwww babes

    ps any chance of a rip ?
    if i knew how to do it i would babes.....if you have means to do it i can send you the tape huns...i know you will look after it......!!!!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On Cloud 9!!!
    Posts
    18,200
    Oh it just gets better an better.....just watched a slight clip of a warehouse bust and now all the ravers are kickin off wi the ol bill when the criminal justice act was brought in........seems like only yesterday i remember only too clearly.....quality viewing for a shitty day off work

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    here, there and everywhere, somewhere between lost and found
    Posts
    486
    Debs, i would also love a copy of that hun, im also to be proud of being part of it, wouldnt change it for the world, old skool changed my life in many ways, even down to me meeting neet 4yrs ago (god i hope thats right ) which has without a doubt been the best thing thats ever happened to me, also without my love of old skool i wouldnt have met the many genuine and friendly people that i have on here.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    2,495
    Know what you mean m8
    Watched the energy + sunrise videos for the first time in ages over the weekend as just like you i was havin a sort out. Went to every one on the vids and for the first time watching it i felt sad that i wouldnt feel that way again,but also overwhelming joy that i went through it all. My daughter watched it with me and at first was very cynical but after a while and once she saw the scale of it and the strength of my emotions/opinions on it she was genuinely taken aback on what it meant to todays society.
    Will she have her summer of love etc when shes older - i doubt it but i hope she does

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On Cloud 9!!!
    Posts
    18,200
    Quote Originally Posted by AB45
    .Will she have her summer of love etc when shes older - i doubt it but i hope she does
    Ive often wondered wot the next big break through will be....it hasnt happened yet and i dont think it will come for a long time......but i think i wanna be there when it does.....all the same........

    My brother sorta grew up around me bein into all this so he is there in spirit at best....he often says to me its one of his biggest regrets not bein born when i was and getting to go through all that But i know by him saying that he knows its sumthing very special which at 21 i am very proud of...boy dun good....! so ur little lass maybe not have her own summer of love...but she certainly have ours!

    Im glad im not the only one who feels this way cus i started to get a really lonely feeling there for minute. ..like i was the only one who had gone through that and felt that way....hence the post on here... ..needed a bit of unity

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On Cloud 9!!!
    Posts
    18,200
    Quote Originally Posted by PlebHead
    Debs, i would also love a copy of that hun, im also to be proud of being part of it, wouldnt change it for the world, old skool changed my life in many ways, even down to me meeting neet 4yrs ago (god i hope thats right ) which has without a doubt been the best thing thats ever happened to me, also without my love of old skool i wouldnt have met the many genuine and friendly people that i have on here.
    ill get it copied for you some how huns....xxxx it will certainly awaken the senses of bein there again

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star
    Ive often wondered wot the next big break through will be....it hasnt happened yet and i dont think it will come for a long time......but i think i wanna be there when it does.....all the same........

    My brother sorta grew up around me bein into all this so he is there in spirit at best....he often says to me its one of his biggest regrets not bein born when i was and getting to go through all that But i know by him saying that he knows its sumthing very special which at 21 i am very proud of...boy dun good....! so ur little lass maybe not have her own summer of love...but she certainly have ours!

    Im glad im not the only one who feels this way cus i started to get a really lonely feeling there for minute. ..like i was the only one who had gone through that and felt that way....hence the post on here... ..needed a bit of unity
    You certainly arent the only one m8
    Funnily enough i was having a conversation on these lines with a good friend of mine one night at an after party. Both of us were spangled and remenising and he admited to me that he used to,and still may, drive up to Raydon Airfield (a few mile from here where they held an Energy for 10000+ people in a aircraft hanger in 89') and sit and have a smoke in peace, remembering what had gone on, often bringing him nearly to tears. Now he aint the kinda bloke who youd think would do that and it did surprise me, so one day i drove up there and to be honest i was moved seeing the hanger alone. Got out of the car looked across the fields and still could hear 'Everything Starts with an E' in the air, the last record played. Bizzare

    anyway to much blah from me im gonna curl up in the corner lol

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On Cloud 9!!!
    Posts
    18,200
    Quote Originally Posted by AB45
    You certainly arent the only one m8
    Funnily enough i was having a conversation on these lines with a good friend of mine one night at an after party. Both of us were spangled and remenising and he admited to me that he used to,and still may, drive up to Raydon Airfield (a few mile from here where they held an Energy for 10000+ people in a aircraft hanger) and sit and have a smoke in peace, remembering what had gone on, often bringing him nearly to tears. Now he aint the kinda bloke who youd think would do that and it did surprise me, so one day i drove up there and to be honest i was moved seeing the hanger alone. Got out of the car looked across the fields and still could hear 'Everything Starts with an E' in the air, the last record played. Bizzare

    anyway to much blah from me im gonna curl up in the corner lol
    Fantastic.....cus thats exactly wot i did after july hazy ..... jumped in my car at 5 am in the morning......up where live the dream took place and stood there for about 15 20 mins listening to masters of the universe and don carlos alone with car door wide open and a spilf.......takin a couple o scenic pics wi my fone...i was only sorry i was alone an didnt the pleasure o bein back in 1989 with thousands of other peeps havin a jolly fine time!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    2,495
    Does make you wander how many people actually have done what we have and revisted the places where it all happened. Ive always, wierdly, wanted to go and check out White Waltham airfield where Midsummers Night Dream took place (ecstacy airport lol). Havent been to that neck of the woods for a while but if im ever driving past id imagine i'd detour just to look lol

    I see a business opertunity - Rave tours! lol

    patent applied for 4 October 2004 ; P

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On Cloud 9!!!
    Posts
    18,200
    Quote Originally Posted by AB45
    Does make you wander how many people actually have done what we have and revisted the places where it all happened. Ive always, wierdly, wanted to go and check out White Waltham airfield where Midsummers Night Dream took place (ecstacy airport lol). Havent been to that neck of the woods for a while but if im ever driving past id imagine i'd detour just to look lol

    I see a business opertunity - Rave tours! lol

    patent applied for 4 October 2004 ; P
    lololooool...i always give Charnock a shout too if i drive past sumthing along the lines of a salute 'charnock sun'...........i feel much better now lol.....its not just me hip hip horray!!!!!

    yeh business venture and a half m8......could spend a whole day just here in blackburn lolol....looking a grim warehouses in the pissing down rain........could even inc the local nick as they became a choice place to rave for some.....after swallowing the bags of goodies they had in their pockets aft getting arrested.......lmao!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by PlebHead
    Debs, i would also love a copy of that hun, im also to be proud of being part of it, wouldnt change it for the world, old skool changed my life in many ways, even down to me meeting neet 4yrs ago (god i hope thats right ) which has without a doubt been the best thing thats ever happened to me, also without my love of old skool i wouldnt have met the many genuine and friendly people that i have on here.
    Babes thats right lmfao ( god i hope thats right ) and i second everything you said babe love you loads
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On Cloud 9!!!
    Posts
    18,200
    Quote Originally Posted by featherlash
    Babes thats right lmfao ( god i hope thats right ) and i second everything you said babe love you loads
    and you babes... ..see this is why i get so much from sentimentality...brings u together in a fashion.......

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star
    and you babes... ..see this is why i get so much from sentimentality...brings u together in a fashion.......
    im gettin all emotional with it now still bringin people together and i cant ever see it changing, and thats whats so special about it!!
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •