Listeners @

supermarkets supermarkets supermarkets supermarkets supermarkets
'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

Thread: supermarkets

supermarkets

just been to asda and was wondering if anyone can tell me;

a. why are the bananas wet? I like bananas but not when they're wet, they smell funny too when they're wet.

b. suppose this is just human nature but when you get the staggered checkouts, usually the basket ones, where there's a till at the front and one at the back, why do people queue in what they think is the shortest line when it's obviously got more people in it? you'll either know what i mean there or not but it makes me laugh..there was 2 people in front of me and about 8 in the other queue but people were still going to that checkout as the line 'appeared' shorter. daft heads.

heres my experience of super markets fella

The mistaken identity story

Quote Originally Posted by grad

a. why are the bananas wet? I like bananas but not when they're wet, they smell funny too when they're wet.

b. suppose this is just human nature but when you get the staggered checkouts, usually the basket ones, where there's a till at the front and one at the back, why do people queue in what they think is the shortest line when it's obviously got more people in it? you'll either know what i mean there or not but it makes me laugh..there was 2 people in front of me and about 8 in the other queue but people were still going to that checkout as the line 'appeared' shorter. daft heads.
    WET bananas???????????????? maybe it's a secret form of lubricant used for those peeps who cant afford sex toys

If you play with feathers you get your a**e tickled

Quote Originally Posted by GemGem
    WET bananas???????????????? maybe it's a secret form of lubricant used for those peeps who cant afford sex toys
    lol ASDA suppliers of groceries and cheap thrills

dunno bout the banana'scthough i thought it was cos they had been refrigirated or summat??
    here's another...
    why wen you buy a bag of oranges there is always 1 orange that isn't quite orange it's always got a bit of green on it , no matter how long i spend looking for a perfect bag of oranges i can never find 1.

jayne x

Quote Originally Posted by glazzy
    lol ASDA suppliers of groceries and cheap thrills

dunno bout the banana'scthough i thought it was cos they had been refrigirated or summat??
    here's another...
    why wen you buy a bag of oranges there is always 1 orange that isn't quite orange it's always got a bit of green on it , no matter how long i spend looking for a perfect bag of oranges i can never find 1.

jayne x
    well maybe the orange caught an STD off the banana, fruit have their needs too

If you play with feathers you get your a**e tickled

Banana's are often shipped nowadays in bags, due to complaints from staff of spiders being in the crates, so they are all individually (not every banana) bagged, in each bunch.

The moisture in the bags transfers onto the banana's, hence why they appear 'sweaty'.

I know this as a girl I used to see worked for Tesco's and told me, and I never thought knowing that very special nugget of information would ever come in handy, so thanks Justine for that

Top narna

I don't have any queue problems, as I have my own checkout with 'blue jammer queue here' in bold letters, so I know where to go when drunk.

If you are a regular at your supermarket and have been visiting it for 5+ years, ask them for your own checkout

Quote Originally Posted by grad

Strange smelly damp bananas.......eeewww the mind boggles,where have they been
    "Take it easy find time to free your soul"
    If you like piano try my mixes http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum...light=sgt.lead
    http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum...light=sgt.lead

ignorance is bliss...if only i was ignorant
    Quote Originally Posted by blue jammer
    Banana's are often shipped nowadays in bags, due to complaints from staff of spiders being in the crates, so they are all individually (not every banana) bagged, in each bunch.

The moisture in the bags transfers onto the banana's, hence why they appear 'sweaty'.

I know this as a girl I used to see worked for Tesco's and told me, and I never thought knowing that very special nugget of information would ever come in handy, so thanks Justine for that

Top narna

I don't have any queue problems, as I have my own checkout with 'blue jammer queue here' in bold letters, so I know where to go when drunk.

If you are a regular at your supermarket and have been visiting it for 5+ years, ask them for your own checkout
    checkout customization woooo top stuff lol
    "here i go again its time to start my badness its funny somehow it seems ive had this same old summer maddness"

"I've seen a rich man beg, I've seen a good man sin, I've seen a tough man cry, I've seen a loser win, And a sad man grin, I heard an honest man lie, I've seen the good side of bad, And the downside of up, And everything between, I licked the silver spoon, Drank from the golden cup, And smoked the finest green"

HOW MAD IS YOUR STORY CAM LOL

AL TRY THAT 1

Asda banana's are always wet aren't they! They're always really cold as well so it could be condensation. Perhaps they are stored in the chiller in the back (although from experience I know that's not something they do at Morrison's, don't know why - they're banana's aren't wet though!).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno
    Asda banana's are always wet aren't they! They're always really cold as well so it could be condensation. Perhaps they are stored in the chiller in the back (although from experience I know that's not something they do at Morrison's, don't know why - they're banana's aren't wet though!).

The Morrison's near me (my local) always have wet banana's, they house them on a rotating metal partition, and when spun round, they're wet.

Bizarre.

You could always ask them for a hair dryer and see if they'll let you give them a blast before you put them in your trolley...

Quote Originally Posted by blue jammer

The Morrison's near me (my local) always have wet banana's, they house them on a rotating metal partition, and when spun round, they're wet.
    That's an odd Mozzy's then. I used to work in the one in Blackburn (my first job in fact) and there's a sign outside the chillers saying "no banana's". I've never come across a wet nana at any Morrison's either.