OSA Radio - Old Skool Music 24/7

Listeners @

Stanton ST 150 MK2 Stanton ST 150 MK2 Stanton ST 150 MK2 Stanton ST 150 MK2 Stanton ST 150 MK2
'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stanton ST 150 MK2

Quote Originally Posted by gregsta View Post
    Attachment 34273#

Well finally my CD Recorder is here arrived today. So I can now record all my mixes to CD already recorded a mix and it sounds good.

I never know why boxed never recorded their stuff to CD it would of sounded so much better.

I have tested it and all good no faults with it. WOOHOO

I can get better sounding recordings of my tape player than they did and they were using DAT. What is a tape.

of course the sound quality is better than tape
    Any different quality than recording to a program then to cd from there?
    Last edited by Benny-Digital; 26th October 2019 at 10:16 PM.
    Party people your dreams have now been fulfilled..
    Get your ass up and lets get ill!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...p?id=706576471 <<< My Facbook.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7095287&ref=mf <<< Picks Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny-Digital View Post
    Any different quality than recording to a programme then to cd from there?
    I always found audacity does not make a perfect recording of the tape. The CD Recorder seemed to do a near perfect recording, but brand new cd recorder is going to set you back at least over 250 it's obviously going to do a better job than a free program.

I did not have any audio CDR, I only had audio CDRW these will not work in a pc, so I could not listen to them via my pc so I could not test them against audacity recordings.

But I keep rewinding the tape and switching back and forth from CD and tape and the recording seemed pretty much perfect to me.

it going to have a bit of a different sound as it been recorded on to CD.

if you want it for recording your own mixes then its worth getting just for that the sound quality is good and you don't get that annoying hiss that you hear on tapes,

But recording stuff to CD is a old technology now so a lot of the stuff is very old now if you buy second hand.

I personally could not find any new way that would do it better, but like tape players cd recorders are dying out.
    Last edited by Jigsaw; 26th October 2019 at 07:06 PM.

ive had a Philips CDR 760 for years, used it to convert all my old tapes

it was annoying cos the blank tapes I was using were 74min & the tapes were 90min so had to record each side of a tape to a different disc

I now just stick an audio lead into the soundcard & record direct to the PC

the old CDR is now collecting dust.

Stanton ST 150 MK2-b956d96d-3fd6-4200-81e1-b93d38dbd480-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    ive had a Philips CDR 760 for years, used it to convert all my old tapes

it was annoying cos the blank tapes I was using were 74min & the tapes were 90min so had to record each side of a tape to a different disc

I now just stick an audio lead into the soundcard & record direct to the PC

the old CDR is now collecting dust.

Stanton ST 150 MK2-b956d96d-3fd6-4200-81e1-b93d38dbd480-jpg

I agree with you cds only being 90 mins is annoying and most of the cd recorders only allow audio cdr or cdrw but really only bought it to record my mixers, I know you can use the usb fuction via my mixer but the sound quality is shit. You can buy sound cards with line in and out for a rca, I might buy one of them. I noticed tech do a cd recorder for 157 what not a lot of money really. Or I could just buy a dat tape player I will see.
    The only thing about tape it's a really buggy technology.

Here's a load of DJ's giving Stanton STR8.150 the thumbs up and I fucking love my Stantons best thing I ever bought

They are lovely turntables....

They do take a little bit to get use to if you had Technics but the trick with these is to use your finger on the platter.