OSA Radio - Old Skool Music 24/7

Listeners @

Stanton ST 150 MK2 Stanton ST 150 MK2 Stanton ST 150 MK2 Stanton ST 150 MK2 Stanton ST 150 MK2
'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

BBDD Easter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stanton ST 150 MK2

Out of curiosity, I have been looking at some decks. I have to say I'm quite impressed with the Pioneer PLX 1000 models. Very high torque, wow and flutter to rival the classic Technics, looks well manufactured, not too busy with gadgetry, the blurb suggests a weighty rubberised die cast base and platter, rubberised tone arm.

Gregsta mix on his stantons

https://mega.nz/#!Al9TCAIT!WG-34yswd...hxNDSM6K9brkl0

Their is a bit of crackling going on, but that's just the way I recorded it. My tape deck is in having its belts replaced at the moment, if I had that I could of done a perfect recording but as you can hear my mixing is perfect, even though my finger is a bit numb no need for a new pair of turntables here.

They are kick arse turntables and and the torque on these things are phenomenal
    Last edited by gregsta; 28th August 2019 at 04:05 PM.

http://djequipment-tools.com/

A community for DJ's
    Mixers,Turntables,DJ controllers. Mixing Software
    Anything DJ related you can chat about it.

Pioneer PLX 1000 are not better than Technics so I read somewhere today.

A community for DJ's

[QUOTE=Spektral;919416]The new Technics have some kind of new accuracy technique technology, but I am with you, the price of the new Technics is quite absurd. I love the look of these Stanton 150's in the first comment - the style of them is a bit special, just like what attracted me to mine.

Str8-100's
    Attachment 34248

This photo is of a stanton st 100 not 150 the brand new one looks like this on here

https://www.whybuynew.co.uk/dj-equip...xoCFIkQAvD_BwE

A community for DJ's

Yeah bud, I know, I was just showing which ones mine were - and why the ones in your link at the top were also something more than the average on appearance.

I think the new Technics will be better than the PLX1000 due to the way they've rebuilt their motors and motion control, but, to me, it looks like the PLX1000s are the closest match to the original Technics, particularly in terms of torque, start-up, wow and flutter, the weight and the rubberised metal base and platter, which I don't think many of the clone-technics decks have.

I'd be chuffed to have some of the Stanton 150s, looks a truly cracking deck. I'd also be happy with some PLX1000s!

Quote Originally Posted by Spektral View Post
    Yeah bud, I know, I was just showing which ones mine were - and why the ones in your link at the top were also something more than the average on appearance.

I think the new Technics will be better than the PLX1000 due to the way they've rebuilt their motors and motion control, but, to me, it looks like the PLX1000s are the closest match to the original Technics, particularly in terms of torque, start-up, wow and flutter, the weight and the rubberised metal base and platter, which I don't think many of the clone-technics decks have.

I'd be chuffed to have some of the Stanton 150s, looks a truly cracking deck. I'd also be happy with some PLX1000s!
    I already own a pair stantons 150 first genration and they are great decks and they will hold the beat perfectly without doing anything on some records and on some records I do lightly have to have my large finger on the platter to get them to mix with some records. You can hold the spindle on mine but their is to much power in the motor so it does nothing.
    On shit decks and I owned a few in my time they will never mix what ever you do.

A community for DJ's

Quote Originally Posted by Spektral View Post

The reloops 7000 get amazing reviews if you want a cracking set of decks the reloops are the ones to go for, they rate these better than the new Technics most of the reviews slate the new Technics say they are way over priced, they say why buy these when you could buy the reloops 7000 for a lot less money and they have better features.

Reloop RP-7000 - Reloop

These would definitely be a consideration for me to buy second hand.

and to be honest the second hand Mk2 Technics are just to much to pay your looking at 350.00 for something that's over 20 years old. I guess if people want to pay that that's up to them, if they have a thing about Technics. I could afford to buy a pair but I think I would just go for the reloops am not into the whole Technic's thing.
    Last edited by gregsta; 30th August 2019 at 09:35 AM.

A community for DJ's

Quote Originally Posted by gregsta View Post
    and to be honest the second hand Mk2 Technics are just to much to pay your looking at 350.00 for something that's over 20 years old. I guess if people want to pay that that's up to them, if they have a thing about Technics. I could afford to buy a pair but I think I would just go for the reloops am not into the whole Technic's thing.
    Tbh honest Greg the fact they are still holding the price after all these yrs says something !!!!! they are a solid unit and if looked after remain solid, the 1210mk2s I have which I brought off a scratch dj from notts are in fantastic nick, and prior to him owning them they where hire out units, so I dread to think how many hrs they have done over the yrs
    I do need to replace one decks RCA cables has it got caught in the hingde on my flight case ( I will get both replaced though) not something I fancy having a go at myself

My mate has 1200 techs and stantons and he says he always goes back to his techs, and he says his stantons have been back n forth to be fixed x amount of times...

My other mate puts on quite a few events and I asked him do any of the djs stipulate what turntable they want (tbh he laughed n said not many use um now) but he said when they do its always a techs...

I guess it boils down to what your budget is, I paid 500 for mine also got the flight cases, a rak amp, and two fek off speakers, which I cant use, has when on one bar is to loud for the house

Quote Originally Posted by chinatownswhite View Post
    Tbh honest Greg the fact they are still holding the price after all these yrs says something !!!!! they are a solid unit and if looked after remain solid, the 1210mk2s I have which I brought off a scratch dj from notts are in fantastic nick, and prior to him owning them they where hire out units, so I dread to think how many hrs they have done over the yrs
    I do need to replace one decks RCA cables has it got caught in the hingde on my flight case ( I will get both replaced though) not something I fancy having a go at myself

My mate has 1200 techs and stantons and he says he always goes back to his techs, and he says his stantons have been back n forth to be fixed x amount of times...

My other mate puts on quite a few events and I asked him do any of the djs stipulate what turntable they want (tbh he laughed n said not many use um now) but he said when they do its always a techs...

I guess it boils down to what your budget is, I paid 500 for mine also got the flight cases, a rak amp, and two fek off speakers, which I cant use, has when on one bar is to loud for the house
    People who have technics will always fire up and defend their technics that's why I have avoided saying anything,. I have read people saying the same as you but the other way round they have owned technics but like stanons better their is nothing I have read anywhere to suggest that one is better than the other.

If you look on youtube their is a guy who does a side by side test of each and he does not say one is better than the other and he has used technics all his life. Things go wrong with the the Technics as much as the Stanton their was a guy on here recently say his tornarm had snapped of you know the post. my stantons were not a lot less than your technic I only 30 less for them if you include my mixer as well but that was brand new. My stanions have a few marks on them but I was shocked when I bought them and what good condition they are in. I am amazed by the performance of them and how good they are. So am one of many people who are happy with their Stanton.

They don't just get bad reviews and a lot of people have been happy with them have a look around the internet you will find plenty of people who are happy with them.

and their was one guy on here who said they were the best turntables he ever used.
    Last edited by gregsta; 1st September 2019 at 12:20 PM.

A community for DJ's

and just to add on to what I said this post was never about are Technics been better than Stantons it was about how much I liked the looked of the new Stanson, I personally don't buy anything that old it got nothing to do with how much I like the Technics or not, I would not even purchase Hi Fi from the 90's it just a little bit to old for me, Only my tape player but you don't have much choice in that the latest tape player I liked that was released was the yamaha range of tape players they look great and performance was really good.

and if I was going to purchase a set of decks I think I would go for the reloops 7000 what are now the industry standards for DJ's to use.

Saying that am still tempted to buy the new Stantons they are by far the best looking turntable out their.

My dream tape player would be the nakamichi dragon cassette deck you don't even have to turn the tape over it does it for you but you won't pick one of them up for less than a 1000 now a days. My brother had a mate who owned one.
    Last edited by gregsta; 1st September 2019 at 01:34 PM.

A community for DJ's

https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...pe=all_reviews

If you read through the reviews on amazon, a guy on their says he prefers his stantons over his technics plenty of people lovin them on the amazon reviews

instead of reading I will copy and paste a few here for you.

As a DJ of 32 years, I have used every turntable you can imagine from the cheapest belt drive to Technics 1200's and while the 1200's still reigns supreme, a new era of turntables are ready to have the torch passed on to them (even with the return of them) and the ST150hp is a leader of that pack! Super high Torque, motor is powerful, yet you can stop it at the drop of dime, great sound, needles that come with are good, but I suggest Shure M44-7's or something to that nature. Slipmats/butter rugs are ok, so you'll need to go old school to add a lil extra on the bottom for your liking, because of the strong motor, it can really hinder your scratching, if you're a scratch DJ. Also these are BRICKS! Super heavy and I suggest you get cases for them over using a coffin if you're going to transport them to various locations for gigs. My 2 plus my mixer in my coffin is like 125lbs. Many features on this beauty and I'm happy I made the purchase!

I have been a dj for 10 years now and swore by my Technics. They were a solid turntable, but they did have some flaws. The flimsy ground wire was one, as well as minor stability issues.
    The Stanton on the other hand has noe of those issues. It has more torque than the 1200's, grounded wires that are removeable which allows for better sound quality with different cables. Its heavier than the 1200 which means grenades could go off by it and it won't budge. Overall I couldn't be happier with these tables.

A community for DJ's

And one more thing and I will shut up, at least like all the other turntables out their they all have some way copy the technics design at least stanton came up with their own unique design and have their own unique powerful motor in their they get thumbs up from me for that.

They are not a technics and that's what a lot of people like about them they are unique they don't copy cat technics.

The reloops 7000 look like technic the nurmark ttx pro look like technics the plx 1000 look like technic the stantons don't.
    Last edited by gregsta; 1st September 2019 at 07:47 PM.

A community for DJ's

https://djworx.com/opinion-the-dumbi...s-has-to-stop/

And here a review a opinion of one guy he does say the mrk 2 Stanton is not as good as the first genration look better but is not a better turntable . Then goes on to say that other turntables have just copy the technics as I said.
    Their are 3 photos side by side and you can see how they have copy the technics.

That's the one thing I love about the stantons their not trying to be a technics.

Stanton STR8150 Review: Great Option For DJ's - TheBestTurntable

Another good review of the Stanton here as well.
    Last edited by gregsta; 1st September 2019 at 08:40 PM.

A community for DJ's

Turntable Lab will not carry the Stanton ST.150 | Serato.com

We don't need to have this argument it's already been done here in the link above, people who own technics and stantons go on and on at each other ,

It does not get reslove, I did not read all the way though the thread as it is to long. But people are always going to defend the turntable they have
    Techs saying their turntables and stanton owners saying their turntables are better.

You need to read more through the thread but a long way through the thread people really start praising the stantons.

A community for DJ's

Quote Originally Posted by gregsta View Post
    Turntable Lab will not carry the Stanton ST.150 | Serato.com

We don't need to have this argument it's already been done here in the link above, people who own technics and stantons go on and on at each other ,

It does not get reslove, I did not read all the way though the thread as it is to long. But people are always going to defend the turntable they have
    Techs saying their turntables and stanton owners saying their turntables are better.

You need to read more through the thread but a long way through the thread people really start praising the stantons.
    Greg I wasnt trying to have a pop at you, I was just saying that they hold their price for a reason, and I was just pointing out what my mate said, and what his experience was with owning both.

Yeah those Dragons are nice, tape decks can be a mare for going wrong, obviously there are a lot of components
    that can go wrong.....
    There was quite of units that had auto reverse etc, infact some really bizzare ideas, even one with a tape Cassette loop