Torrent sites

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

alexb123

May 19, 2009
Anyone know a good Torrent site for old skool or music in general. I'm especially keen to get different versions of songs I already have.

Any ideas?

pete-nic

Mar 28, 2007
Burnley
i find soulseek is the best place to track songs down , usually look for stuff on youtube then head over to soulseek for stuff , blogs are also good bets , if its oldskool try these Wonderful World Of Dance which is mine ....shameless plug lol or these Pure Club Classics or J.F.G.C. (Jus Fookin Great Choonz) or House-Classics or Old School House Music 1990-2000 or Funky-House or My House Is Bigger http://thedancevibe.co.uk/ or HoUsE MuSiC couple of russian sites too but these take some real sifting through and a lot of links are tricky to follow or dead Drum'n'bass / BreakBeat => stash => BreakBeat | Breaks and DANCE MUSIC FOREVER: Stax - Mary Had a Little Boy or House => barey => Vinyls, EPs & CDs and errrr wez's tune page ! and errr CraazyTimes and Muxels Blog ........... hope these help you in your quest m8 theres loads more i could list but im in danger of waffling too much :D , enjoy mate sure these will help ;)

pete-nic

Mar 28, 2007
Burnley
lol siman nah your not too old fashioned m8 i didnt use torrents up until 12 mths ago either there very good though for movies etc , you need to install a download platform such as this µTorrent - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client just click the free download bit , then when you have that installed you can use sites like btjunkie - the largest bittorrent search engine and http://thepiratebay.org/ . All you do is find what your looking for click on download torrent then a window will open saying do you wish to open with utorrent just click yes and then utorrent will open itself and download the file easy peasy really , music and films are 99% ok but id be wary of downloading software and this can sometimes have trojans and shit in there :D

MrMac29

Aug 22, 2010
What.cd is good for CD singles. Especially in higher qualities. Bit of a fucker, though, to get a membership.

alexb123

May 19, 2009
Cheers Guys.

I just looked an apparently I am already a member of What.CD. Because I had not logged in for two years I had to go to a special chat room and give my reason for being away for so long. Then and only then, did they allow me back.

All seemed a but creepy.

Anyway, I'm not sure how the site works at the moment but I take it I will be able to at some point give out invites if anyone wants one.

djay

May 4, 2005
Carlisle
I find usenet much better than any tossy torrent sites myself just not into queer 2 peer connections, there maybe ok for oldskool guff but this is 2010 :) lots and lots of house/dubstep/tech house/techno etc on there but each to there own.

Also usually on usenet things have been downloaded directly from the likes of beatport etc so are all ways 320kbit's or wav files no silly re-encodes with shitty sounding hi-hats that remind you of a basf tape from back in the day :eyebrow:

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
What.cd is great but you have to keep a healthy upload/download ratio, which is in many ways good for those who are able to create torrents.
If you invite people then who abuse that ratio, they & you will be banned from the site for good.

P4UL

Jul 16, 2006
Manchester
Cheers Guys.

I just looked an apparently I am already a member of What.CD. Because I had not logged in for two years I had to go to a special chat room and give my reason for being away for so long. Then and only then, did they allow me back.

All seemed a but creepy.

Anyway, I'm not sure how the site works at the moment but I take it I will be able to at some point give out invites if anyone wants one.

I manage to find most tracks I am after on you tube, you would be surprised to see how much is on their, use a youtube to mp3 converter to download the songs, you can even download to a higher quality....good stuff

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
you can even download to a higher quality....

How does that work ?
Surely you can't improve the sound quality of the original (eg. a track ripped at 128Kbps, then re-ripped at 256kbps, is the same quality, but double the size).
Unless it is like soundcloud or similar.