Leeds Love parade 10 years ago today

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
It was obviously a bit of history (250k people) but the crowd contained quite a few people who were there just because it was on Radio 1, but it was the music that was the problem really. Listening to the Essential Mix again now, the music was very tribal, dark and basically dull.

Anyway, was glad I went, as the event was never repeated, and apart from Fatboy Slim on the beach in Brighton was the biggest ever UK dance music crowd

anyone else go?

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
i was there, remember Sasha being dull.

remember Dave Pearce's dance anthems float, he was holding up a bit of vinyl and waving at the crowd, some bird was trying to climb a tree and was struggling, she were hanging from a branch by both arms and legs, eventually made it to the cheers of the crowd.

remember some lass borrowing my mates umberella so she could have a piss under it, in the middle of the field :eek:

Don't remember much else :fekked:

found some pics:

Attachments

• P7093235.JPG
    P7093235.JPG
    517.6 KB · Views: 1,555
  • P7093236.JPG
    P7093236.JPG
    843.2 KB · Views: 1,980
  • P7093237.JPG
    P7093237.JPG
    503.3 KB · Views: 7,067
Last edited:

Tino

Sep 17, 2002
Bridlington
love parade

i was there too and agree with everybody else bit of a let down really, remember music being pretty boring most of time and then it rained:(

glad i went as it was right on my doorstep and if I hadn't everyone would probably have said how good it was!!

Tino:cool:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Cant beleive it was 10 yrs ago! We all had a really good day night! Mind you i didnt go near the big stage until right at the end, hung out down the budweiser float for the most part of the day just getting wrecked and causing mayhem :$ with my pom poms :p. We met a load from kent and ended up staying with them for the rest of the day and night - was a great laugh! :thumbsup:

Alf

Feb 22, 2006
Yeah I went to, same as everybody else really, was a fcukin mess driving home the next day, never made any of the after partys either ... I have the Erick Morillo set from it if anyone interested?