Earth Leakage Trip - No Idea (Biskits Trip-E-Mix)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

djay

May 4, 2005
Carlisle
Just had a listen man and i have to say i much prefer the original version myself you just don't need to add the 4/4 kick as the beats in there are much funkier than with ya standard 4/4.

All in all it's still a class old track reminds me of crazy times full of strawberry's and window panes ooh acid :fekked:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I really like that - especially the fact that its 4/4 style - always good idea making a breakbeat track into 4/4 or t'other way round if it was orig a 4/4 tune imo - gives it new life.

Loved the extra samples as well (its a bloody mental album innit if you hear it in full - the music in it especially lol)
:thumbsup:

Liking that... it adds summat different. :thumbsup: d/l so cheers :)

I agree with Scott... changing a 4/4 to breaks or the other way round is always a way to add freshness to a tune... I love layering breaks over 4/4 to beef em up... Hip Hop Salsa dub & Temptation beats are my faves... or the obligatory Express Yourself for a slower tune.

BTW Scotty - thanks for yr FB PM - muchly appreciated mate :)

PS I've picked up some ace cheeky things on that group so great link n ta :)

Some shite on there but some real pearlers too... there's a lovely mix of You can call me Al that I've nabbed & a nice mix of Spasticus Autisticus that I would like to d/l but can't boo lol

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
cheerz guys, chuffed you like it :thumbsup:

@ jay - i to like the original very much, but if things like remixing it dont happen, that tune is gonna die away into the past and remain just in 1990 It never gets a play now, probs due to the darkness off it, and not so dj friendly.
Ive made it dj friendly and hopefully it will get more play once again. the orig is a tune n a half, thats why i kept some off the main elements of the orig' :)

+ the extra riff gives it a bit of scariness, it sounds like a crazy laff lol ha ha haha haha

djay

May 4, 2005
Carlisle
cheerz guys, chuffed you like it :thumbsup:

@ jay - i to like the original very much, but if things like remixing it dont happen, that tune is gonna die away into the past and remain just in 1990 It never gets a play now, probs due to the darkness off it, and not so dj friendly.
Ive made it dj friendly and hopefully it will get more play once again. the orig is a tune n a half, thats why i kept some off the main elements of the orig' :)

+ the extra riff gives it a bit of scariness, it sounds like a crazy laff lol ha ha haha haha

I understand what you mean and why you done what you did i was just was never a person that was into a nice funky hiphop beat being turned into a 4/4 plodder myself but it's horses for courses :)

I actually played that about 3-4 weeks ago on here dark or not i don't care that's the whole point in that song it's supposed to remind you of a trip induced nightmare so it needs to be dark :ghost:

Still your getting good responses for it man so your doing summat well :thumbsup: i'm just an old get stuck in a retro timewarp...

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
I too love the original, one of the best toons eva made imo. Biskit, i really like it mate, especially when it gets going at 1:30, proper heads down 'avin it tackle phones: woop woop:eyebrow: