Urei/Soundcraft Mixers

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Ok im sort of maybe looking out for a replacement mixer for my trusty Djm500....well at least im bored with the 500 as ive had it for 8 years. I am keen to get high quality sound and was looking at Urei 1620LE but its too expensive once the right cards have been installed and I would want a x fader module which are rare.

So started looking at Allen & Heath but felt they are simply an overpriced badge and good 2nd hand examples are rare...would want xzone92

So how does AH92 compare to Urei 1605 which looks realy nice....simple and accordingly very good sound. Anybody got one? Whats it like?

Im very kind to my mixers, play early (85/88) acid house, sometimes very laid back 91/92 Italian and on bad days 90-93 hardcore. I have a Roland sp404, 3x 1200's and 2xcdj800's (mk2) so want 5 chanels with send and return.

DJ Mixers: UREI 1605

ALLEN & HEATH :: WORLD CLASS MIXERS

Thanks

S

matteo

Jul 7, 2007
i have the Urei1603 since 2007 for home use.

bought because it has all features i need (no digital in/out, no effects!)
AND (most important) it looks very good; oldskool style ;)

crossfader cost about 35.- euro, have clean/repair it for myself one time, works fine again.

comes time, knobs are noisy as usual (dust)...

equalizer has a good spectrum, but knobs don't lock at point zero (wich is not in the middle!)

as i know, soundcraft has stop producing because of less bussines, not much succes with this.

sorry for my english :p

Attachments

• DSC00995.JPG
    DSC00995.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 773
  • DSC00997.JPG
    DSC00997.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,041
  • DSC00999.JPG
    DSC00999.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 793
  • DSC01000.JPG
    DSC01000.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,420
  • DSC01057.JPG
    DSC01057.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,035

matteo

Jul 7, 2007
now the urei mixer is fault.
only one channel is still working! empty...
but sound was very very good to me!

have tried now an American Audio MX-1400, cheap one. very poor sound and bad quality to me.

now i will order the Hi-Level PM4000, i think this rocks. oldskool style, quality! no fx, lamps, colours, usb or other shit; pure mixer

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
A friend has a Hi Level mixer and says it is simply the best sound quality you can get through a mixer due to its very high quality componants and simplicity. German built, high cost and simple.

S

303jewels

Feb 4, 2011
Kent
now the urei mixer is fault.
only one channel is still working! empty...
but sound was very very good to me!

have tried now an American Audio MX-1400, cheap one. very poor sound and bad quality to me.

now i will order the Hi-Level PM4000, i think this rocks. oldskool style, quality! no fx, lamps, colours, usb or other shit; pure mixer

I got the hi-level pm2000, very solid, transparent and tight, they use the same line stages in all their mixers, at some point I will mod the boards, I'll let you know if it was worth it when I do - anyway good choice of mixer, hope you love it. Peace.

matteo

Jul 7, 2007
i have tried the Hi-Level and don't liked it!
- its not possible to split the peak LED meter
- its not possible to change the fader curve (wich is not "dj-mix-friendly")
- equalizer knobs are heavy to use (stiff). curves are also very bad to me

now i have the Allen & Heath Xone:42, also not satisfied...
next would be a pioneer djm700 i think. don't like the fx, but have no choice.
always remembering the UREI, now i know how perfect it was... :cry:

303jewels

Feb 4, 2011
Kent
i have tried the Hi-Level and don't liked it!
- its not possible to split the peak LED meter
- its not possible to change the fader curve (wich is not "dj-mix-friendly")
- equalizer knobs are heavy to use (stiff). curves are also very bad to me

now i have the Allen & Heath Xone:42, also not satisfied...
next would be a pioneer djm700 i think. don't like the fx, but have no choice.
always remembering the UREI, now i know how perfect it was... :cry:

Shame you did not like the Hi-Level, I can understand why it does not suit you, for me its great, I took the crossfader out as I do long blends and I only use bass e.q.
have you tried the Rane Empath or TTM 56 ? the Empath is very flexible and might suit your needs, knobs not tight, faders light, adjustable x-fader curve. Sounds very slightly warm.
Good luck :spin: