Powerline - Energy

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
Thanks tag, but i'm only really interested in the original 12". Gotta have all those mixes!

STUART, do you mean you saw the ORIGINAL 12"??? Damn, i feel ill. Been after this for more years than i can count, and i've never even SEEN it for sale.

dodgymix

STUART, do you mean you saw the ORIGINAL 12"??? Damn, i feel ill. Been after this for more years than i can count, and i've never even SEEN it for sale.

lol this happened to me a few weeks ago, i'd emailed a bloke on Ebay asking if his "Robin Wants revenge" in his collection of 50 oldskool records was a boot or on record review.

My wife went into labout a week early and when I checked my emails the seller had emailed me back saying it was the Jungle Jam release (£250+++ normally) The auction finished at £18.. still gutted but I do have a lovely daughter now lol

Anyway I have powerline on the French release if your interested (the meal power one is really hard to find lol)

Its not actually an Italian tune this, was by Ray Hedges and recorded in UK. no idea why it come out in Italy and not UK

mccider73

Sep 27, 2007
Good idea getting the original. The booty one is recorded badly and distorts on the high frequences. I have ths shit pressing too. LOL

I had the boot with Unity too - they all came out in 1994ish with the corina temptation & lovin you like crazy boots etc - I used to get em all from Global Grooves in Brum - was chuffed to fuck when they 1st came out - they were all classics from back in the day that I either didn't or couldn't pick up in 90/1 or that I couldn't get ID'd :)

This is worth getting :thumbsup:

Various - Kosa EP (Vinyl) at Discogs

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
Hey, never noticed these last few posts. Thanks for the input guys, i had been looking at the Kosa EP but i'd far rather have the full release. I mean, if i could pick up the bootie fairly cheaply then i'd consider it, but even that seems to cost a few pennies. If i'm gonna spend a bit of dosh then it may as well be for the whole thing. Just out of curiosity though, does anyone know which mix the Kosa Edit is based on?

By the way shooms, i'm loving that Fever Ray tune you stuck up the other day. It got d/l straight away and been getting some heavy play ever since. Awesome tune :thumbsup:

Hey, never noticed these last few posts. Thanks for the input guys, i had been looking at the Kosa EP but i'd far rather have the full release. I mean, if i could pick up the bootie fairly cheaply then i'd consider it, but even that seems to cost a few pennies. If i'm gonna spend a bit of dosh then it may as well be for the whole thing. Just out of curiosity though, does anyone know which mix the Kosa Edit is based on?

By the way shooms, i'm loving that Fever Ray tune you stuck up the other day. It got d/l straight away and been getting some heavy play ever since. Awesome tune :thumbsup:

Glad you're feeling Fever Ray mate - I can't get enough of it :thumbsup:

Re the KOSA edit - here's a youtube of it here

YouTube - POWERLINE - ENERGY (KOSA EDIT)

Last edited:
I was going to sell mine, as Spaceface knows.....:p

I searched for this fucker every day for the best part of two years and finally spawned it, very cheap.

The KOSA edit is different to the piano edit from what I can recall, and it is a good pressing that fucker. Solid.

Sorry but I have to correct on the label, it's actually MEAL POWER.

The NEW MEAL POWER label came after with stuff from 1994 onwards, good Zone stompers, one of the best was MARTON "GET UP & DO IT"

tune.