Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
well ive just been to the local off licence for some red bull, fags and beer. The little asian woman behind the counter said to me " have you got guests?"

I grunted "what?" back, slightly on edge by her judgemental coment.

She said again" you got guests?"

I replied, " well yeah theres a few at the house why?!"

She then stated..." NO....have you got Cash???"

i then realized i had been hearing her all wrong, got totally flustered and embarrased, tried to laugh it off and say what i thought i heard her say which she still did not find amusing and pushed the card reader in my mush:(

dont you just love the sunday trip to the shop :$

djay

May 4, 2005
Carlisle
Rofl I used to hate going to the shops after a heavy night brain full of mush and just enough working braincells to manage to walk there and back :)

also we can't expect to hear normally after do many years of sound abuse intact they will have to do OSA live sets in the future with sign language as were all gonna be deaf...,.:mexican:

Hahahaha Bodster :D :thumbsup:

In 1991/2 I lived in a flat right on an estate centre by the shops so was dead handy for morning supplies when you'd been up all night tripping & smoking... it opened at 6am & there was a queue of us waiting to get in... a load of wide-eyed, long haired kids & a random granddad out to get a paper with his dog LOL

We'd pile into the shop & just stare at the like rabbits in the headlights at (what seemed to us) infinite rows & rows & rows of colourful things... it'd take us half a bastard hour to decide what we wanted, nearly as long to figure out that the number the bloke said to us as the price equated into these pulsating round things in our hands & then we'd tootle off to leave the bemused shop manager in peace lolol :D

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
lo nice one Chris,remember we used to head to this road side cafe near Oswestry after Wigan Pier,id just passed my driving test,we arrived at the cafe and wed all had roughly 2-3 strawberrys each,i can remember reading the sign outside stating open 24hrs,i then said to the guy working there that he must have never been to sleep..ever

tag:)

lottie

Apr 24, 2006
where ever i lay my hat ( straw one )
well ive just been to the local off licence for some red bull, fags and beer. The little asian woman behind the counter said to me " have you got guests?"

I grunted "what?" back, slightly on edge by her judgemental coment.

She said again" you got guests?"

I replied, " well yeah theres a few at the house why?!"

She then stated..." NO....have you got Cash???"

i then realized i had been hearing her all wrong, got totally flustered and embarrased, tried to laugh it off and say what i thought i heard her say which she still did not find amusing and pushed the card reader in my mush:(

dont you just love the sunday trip to the shop :$

meff head :p

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
you had a bit of a early morning shocker too jim, when you politley asked a nice man taking a photo, if he knew if there was a cafe around here..... to which he yelled "IM F**KING DEAF" :| crazy bloke :crazy:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
He had a camcorder mounted on a tripod, but I didn't see him doing anything else. I don't know if he was being rude, or just not used to people asking him shit, but I wont be asking him again:lol:

After you guys went about your way, I was just about to set off home when I realised I had a flat tyre and didn't have the tool for releasing the spare wheel, so had to ring the Green Flag, then realised my cover had run out so spent the next 20 minutes filling in forms using my phone, then rang them and waited 1h 20mins for the guy to show up. It was about 2:30 when I got home:crazy:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
He had a camcorder mounted on a tripod, but I didn't see him doing anything else. I don't know if he was being rude, or just not used to people asking him shit, but I wont be asking him again:lol:

After you guys went about your way, I was just about to set off home when I realised I had a flat tyre and didn't have the tool for releasing the spare wheel, so had to ring the Green Flag, then realised my cover had run out so spent the next 20 minutes filling in forms using my phone, then rang them and waited 1h 20mins for the guy to show up. It was about 2:30 when I got home:crazy:

oouch thats a stinger m8 :( not like you to not be organised next you will be telling me you had left your car keys in our room after we checked out ;) no seriously i feel for you, if you felt have as zonked as us id have had to just curl up in the car for a couple of hours and ask myself, when will i ever learn :cry: :D

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
Happened again the other week after Bak2wax in the same shop Sunday but the guy was subject to our dribbling giberish :fekked:

oldskoolkidder

VIP Silver Member
Mar 15, 2002
Hebden Bridge
www.mixcloud.com
I think we'd been to the warehouse project a few year back and got to our house in rusholme - was nearly time for the corner shop round ours to open 7am i think, so we got on our sports casual atire and a couple of us set off, fucking freezing it was. Stood out there for a good ten mins freezing thinking whens it gonna open knocking on the door... This woman then opened the door and walked out with 2 bags of shopping, thought you absolute set of knobs hahaha curzon avenue corner shop rusholme... the dude who used to work there used to piss him sen every week haha legend! :fekked:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
May have mentioned this before but after a particularly mashed mashup at the mashienda, which lasted til Tuesday from Saturday, me and dannster went shop for some vodka or summat, Butty said hey why dont you dress up. So I dressed up as a wizard with hat and gown and drew an eye on my hand and dannster wore a pink to to outfit. We went shop bout 11'ish tuesday morning. I was at it to the shop keeper, showing my eye hand. Saying eye of newt and other magical incantations, whilst I was suppoed to be paying. Dannster was dancing round the shop lol

It was very amusing:cops:

We probably got pissed again etc after that donno