The film thread

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Lol, cryptic review. Good or not? I've heard this is ace

hahaha thats how I felt after watching it.

If you can get passed the uncool American whooping and shit music and stupid American acts like drinking games it is really good and very well made.

It gets more outrageous as it goes on and completely nutty later on which is good.

Loads of drinking, animal cruelty, shagging, pills, smashing stuff up, violence, nudity, ridiculous charachters and very funny bits :)

The Guy who played Costa is mint!

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
hahaha thats how I felt after watching it.

If you can get passed the uncool American whooping and shit music and stupid American acts like drinking games it is really good and very well made.

It gets more outrageous as it goes on and completely nutty later on which is good.

Loads of drinking, animal cruelty, shagging, pills, smashing stuff up, violence, nudity, ridiculous charachters and very funny bits :)

The Guy who played Costa is mint!

Sold! Ive actually got it on hard drive just not watched it yet, sounds cool:thumbsup:

blytherandy159

Jul 1, 2012
smiler.gif

Good, unsettling horror flick about Julia and Sara, two sisters both suffering from a degenerative eye disease which has left Sara blind, and Julia soon to follow. When Sara is found hanged in her basement, Julia begins her own investigation, rejecting the possibility of suicide. As she gets closer and closer to the truth, her eyesight worsens, and the film goes from being dark and spooky to truly nerve-wrecking. Comparisons to The Orphanage are inevitable - both films were produced by Guillermo del Toro, both star Belén Rueda (playing both Julia and her sister Sara), and both spin hopelessly to a heartbreaking, depressing conclusion. The Orphanage is likely the better film, but I liked Julia's Eyes. It mostly avoids the tropes of the horror genre and feels fresh - you never completely certain who's face you're about to see when "the invisible man" dips into frame late in the film. Recommended.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
The Pact (2012) - IMDb

>>
As a woman struggles to come to grips with her past in the wake of her mother's death, an unsettling presence emerges in her childhood home.
<<

Enjoyed this horror film the other week, good storyline

Agreed, this was one of the best horrors for a long time, nicely filmed and like the way they held back on stuff instead of in your face gore which is dull and predictable.

:thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
i have no idea how this gem passed me by :confused: In Bruges (2008) - IMDb just came back from there and someone asked if i had seen it, watched it last night and its brilliant, dark violent comedy :cool::cool::cool: if its passed you by too get on it, its ace :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I'm sure you stand outside our window, every time we watch somert you also watch the same thing, lol

Agree was a top film, funny

Also watched Jeff, who lives at home. Had our lass in tears

Just watched Jeff, Who Lives At Home Jeff, Who Lives at Home (2011) - IMDb

I almost gave up on it within the first 10 minutes as The Office style direction was terrible, as was the story, and there was little in the whole movie that I found funny... but, once it started to come together, the story then seemed to be leading somewhere and I actually started to enjoy the film and by the end I was reduced to tears with it's outcome :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Just watch In Bruges myself. I've had it ready to watch for 6 months but somehow never got around to it until now.

Great script and first class acting from Brendan Gleeson and Colin Farrell. I think we all have mates who don't appreciate culture, so Farrell cracks me up with his unwillingness to take in the city and all it's splendors.

Top film anyhow and proves worthy of it's 8/10 score on IMDB :cool: