The film thread

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Gonna get on Untouchable (2011) - IMDb now Jimbob!
Cheers for the heads up!

I watched it yesterday and while it is a good feelgood movie, it doesn't quite live up to the hype for me. Perhaps the humour doesn't come across as well when you read it on the subs and mentally place that with the native language, but regardless, I think other films have done as good a job on the feelgood humanity side of things and perhaps those English language films haven't translated as well into French, thus pushing this score up for French speakers.

It's still a good film that's worth watching, but for me at least it isn't an 8.6/10 film. Perhaps 7/10

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Jammer watched V/H/S, that is wrong as fook and weird:|
Liked it tho:king:

On a lighter note watched
Our Idiot Brother (2011) - IMDb
last night

>>
Ned lived a happy life growing organic vegetables on a farm with his hippie girlfriend and his dog named Willie Nelson, but an unadvised incident with marijuana at a farmer's market lands him in jail. When he gets out of jail, he is off to live with his sisters. While Ned is still happy, his sisters are much less so after he manages to screw up one marriage, one job opportunity, one budding relationship and one domestic partnership. He sees those problems as breakdowns in communication, but his sisters see him as an idiot.
<<

Very funny in a low key kind of way, not gross out style humour. Just really funny dialog:thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
been watching a few recently, but one that really stood out as being a really nice film was this People Like Us (2012) - IMDb very enjoyable, also as mentioned before Jeff who lives at home is good, once again just a nice film, nothing really happens to be fair, if that makes sense, but they are both feel good quite moving films.

one that did disappoint me was this Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012) - IMDb the trailer looked ace, but it just seemed to go no where it was niether funny or moving, but i did watch with man flu, lol.

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
one that did disappoint me was this Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012) - IMDb the trailer looked ace, but it just seemed to go no where it was niether funny or moving, but i did watch with man flu, lol.

got this to watch too :(

well so far my film weekend has been vampire based

Friday watched this Dark Shadows (2012) - IMDb enjoyed it, some funny bits in it

Just finished watching this one Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012) - IMDb proper enjoyed this

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Jammer watched V/H/S, that is wrong as fook and weird:|
Liked it tho:king:

Nice one Ste, thought you'd dig that being a fellow wrong-un :mad:

Watched two recently that I thought are worthy of a mention..

Excision (2012) - IMDb

More wrongness in this very surreal bloody film - that's all that needs to be said, erm!

A Fantastic Fear of Everything (2012) - IMDb

Simon Pegg - the character he plays was fantastic - full on paranoia and I thought it was funny throughout, not the best of endings but entertaining.