Body's Gym Mabgate Mills Leeds AKA (U4RIA) Mix Tapes Wanted!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DJ Mark B

Jul 14, 2008
The Basement
Anyone got a Tape from around 93/95 from the Basement aka U4RIA situated at Mabgate Mills, Macauley Street Leeds, Can't Think of the dj's names, only the mc, Mc Alarmin.
Apparently it was Leeds first all nighter. They put on nights called "happy head strong", which was on a saturday, playing happy hardcore and D&B. Friday's was bouncy house, Everyone turned up after the gallery and other clubs had closed. Any help would be much appreciated cheers Mark.:D

Last edited:

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Nearer Than You Think .....
Anyone got a Tape from around 93/95 from Body's Gym aka U4RIA situated at Mabgate Mills, Macauley Street Leeds, Can't Think of the dj's names, only the mc, Mc Alarmin.
Apparently it was Leeds first all nighter. They had "happy head strong" nights there too, playing happy hardcore and D&B. Eveyone turned up after the gallery and other clubs had closed. I was only a nipper at the time, had some :crazy: nights there at the time. Any help would be much appreciated cheers Mark.:D

i think their is only one tape kicking about mate well one ive heard ov any way think my mate was on about it or he had it cos ive been after it myself for years .
it was Jay ‘Buddy’ Birch alongside dj Radical C officially launched U4RIA in Leeds which was the first weekly all nighter in the North of England.
think the dj's might have been one ov three russ ricardson , dean white or steve luigi as i think they were some of the dj's at bodys gym after the gallery had closed i could be wrong tho dont hold me to it !
have you tryed on the gallery forum some body might have it on their ste or stu or russ might know about it .:thumbsup:

Last edited:

DJ Mark B

Jul 14, 2008
The Basement
i think their is only one tape kicking about mate well one ive heard ov any way think my mate was on about it or he had it cos ive been after it myself for years .
it was Jay ‘Buddy’ Birch alongside dj Radical C officially launched U4RIA in Leeds which was the first weekly all nighter in the North of England.
think the dj's might have been one ov three russ ricardson , dean white or steve luigi as i think they were some of the dj's at bodys gym after the gallery had closed i could be wrong tho dont hold me to it !
have you tryed on the gallery forum some body might have it on their ste or stu or russ might know about it .:thumbsup:[/Q

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
have you tryed on the gallery forum some body might have it on their ste or stu or russ might know about it .:thumbsup:[/Q

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

try on here mate The Leeds Gallery Forum - Index page
somebody on their will now 4 shore .:thumbsup:

Chris Martin

Nov 9, 2007
Bodies was shut down before Casa Loco opened. It was basically a blues, illegal!
I DJ'd there once and I have the tape somewhere, in a shoe box. It was early 94 and I'd done the early slot at The News (9-10.30), went home to get my 'supplies':fekked: and some different tunes phones: . Went to the Warehouse and played midnight to 1.30, then over to Little London and did 2-4am on the radio (Dream FM). Then down to Bodies where I did 5-6.30am, then over to Sonnys to do 7.30-9am.
I'll never forget it as it was the 1st time I'd played 5 different places in one night.
I'd done 3 and 4 loads of time but that was the first for 5.:thumbsup:

I'll have a look for the tape and pop it on here.:turn:

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Bodies was shut down before Casa Loco opened. It was basically a blues, illegal!
I DJ'd there once and I have the tape somewhere, in a shoe box. It was early 94 and I'd done the early slot at The News (9-10.30), went home to get my 'supplies':fekked: and some different tunes phones: . Went to the Warehouse and played midnight to 1.30, then over to Little London and did 2-4am on the radio (Dream FM). Then down to Bodies where I did 5-6.30am, then over to Sonnys to do 7.30-9am.
I'll never forget it as it was the 1st time I'd played 5 different places in one night.

i must have got it mixed up with another club bodies and another club got raided i can remember that but i never went to bodies or locos as they wernt my scene , sonny now that was a after hours club and another club wot ive only ever heard one tape from .:thumbsup:

Chris Martin

Nov 9, 2007
i must have got it mixed up with another club bodies and another club got raided i can remember that but i never went to bodies or locos as they wernt my scene , sonny now that was a after hours club and another club wot ive only ever heard one tape from .:thumbsup:

Are you thinking of The Bedrooms? It was down Byron Street, just off Regent Street.

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Are you thinking of The Bedrooms? It was down Byron Street, just off Regent Street.

might be mate it is years ago i thought the bedrooms was casa locos b4 it was locos or was it the bedrooms after locos this was about 96 , i can remember the bedrooms moving to a big wearhouse nr the bulding collage . .:S

Last edited:

Chris Martin

Nov 9, 2007
might be mate it is years ago i thought the bedrooms was casa locos b4 it was locos or was it the bedrooms after locos this was about 96 , i can remember the bedrooms moving to a big wearhouse nr the bulding collage . .:S

Aye, that's the place on Byron Street.:thumbsup:

neil20vt

Nov 25, 2006
i went to bodies from the beginning till the end
radical c, wisdom, vinyl master ,steve luigi were residents and regulars and great dj's paul taylor, rob tissera to name a few did sets

i used to do fliers for john and his mrs, (the meathead owners on the door)
used to flyer the orbit ,gallery and the favesham
then head back down to bodies, used to love it in there, was always packed to the rafters

there was lots of tapes as i saw them all in a large silvercase while in the back room and they could be purchased if asked, i and a few friends have some somewhere, ill ask and have a dig about, got knows how to upload em when i get them tho

neil

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
radical c, wisdom, vinyl master ,steve luigi were residents and regulars and great dj's paul taylor, rob tissera to name a few did sets

then head back down to bodies, used to love it in there, was always packed to the rafters

there was lots of tapes as i saw them all in a large silvercase while in the back room and they could be purchased if asked, i and a few friends have some somewhere, ill ask and have a dig about, got knows how to upload em when i get them tho

neil

vinyl master is my mate russ richardson it was his alterd ego he all so dj'ed at the gallery with steve luigi and dj wisdom was jay buddy birch .:thumbsup:
love to hear the tapes mate :spin:

Last edited:

DJ Mark B

Jul 14, 2008
The Basement

neil[/QUOTE

Nice 1

Last edited:

DJ Mark B

Jul 14, 2008
The Basement
U4RIA (Body's Gym)

That would be great if you could dig out some old tapes from the night, I was given a tape in 1995 from a pal, not sure who's mixed it though, it starts off with Moments Of Inertia - Circle City followed by Solitaire Gee - The Teaser then JX - Son of a gun.
Does this ring any bells to anyone?

DJ Mark B

Jul 14, 2008
The Basement

Cheers pal:thumbsup: