Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

All Ways Acid!

Jan 30, 2008
nr Newquay
www.allwaysacid.com
Love4Life summer soundsystem fun!

This summer sees the return of the AWA party crew. After a year out searching for the perfect venue, determined to put the fun back into partying, their new event “love4life” will be a weekender, 20th-22nd of August, at Crasken Eco Centre, Helston, Cornwall, a fantastic converted farm, with renovated barns to party in, and camping on site. These parties were originally an invite only, outdoor gathering, where veteran dj’s of the acid house scene leave their usual set at home, and look towards the back of their record collections. As ever, the event will be a retro vinyl affair, offering a journey into the highlights of house music from the ‘80s and ‘90s, its influences, and acid house, trance, and techno of the ‘90s underground party movement. Celebrating love, life, spine tingling tunes, and the acid house counter culture that inspired people all over the world to smile and dance together.

For the main event on Saturday, free party pioneers DiY Soundsystem will be bringing the original Black Box rig and a full crew, inc Digs and Woosh, Jack and Simon DK, with support from Jonno and Tommo (ornate music) and Debbs (babble).
Formed back in the heady days of ‘89, in Nottingham, initially throwing house parties, before moving on to throw their first event at The Garage, home to a fledgling Graeme Park, in November of that year.
They went on to take decks and records to Glastonbury ‘90, meeting up with some like minded travellers to forge an inspired liaison that led to the start of the UK free party scene.
From Castle Morton to the Café del Mar, DiY extended their punk ethos into a veritable empire of record label, recording studio, production, club nights, and outdoor parties, with the sound system receiving international underground acclaim. Although becoming deeply involved in a new movement combining protest with pleasure, DiY themselves remained enigmatic, always avoiding simple categorization and demanding that the collective ethos that underlay their philosophy was not sacrificed to the temptation of momentary fame; perhaps the most satisfaction was gained by DiY when ‘In the City 97’ described them as ‘culturally, the most dangerous people in the UK.”.
DiY Discs, their record label, launched in ‘90, with the first LP ‘Strictly 4 Groovers’ licensed to WARP and selling 20000 copies. Remixes by DJ Pierre, Charles Webster, and a young Phil Asher all featured, as did debuts from Atjazz, Nail (Bent) and contributions from Groove Armada’s Andy Cato, himself cutting his teeth at the free parties of the early ‘90s. The imprint currently numbers over 100 releases, with tracks from the crew and some collected on their travels.
These trips abroad took them to Dallas for the legendary Hazy Daze ranch parties, as well as Canada, Sydney, New Zealand, Tokyo, Thailand and as much of Europe as had discovered the deep house groove. Ibiza beckoned in ‘90, invited by Jose Padilla & playing with A Man Called Adam during appearances at Amnesia, Space Terrace & Pacha throughout the ‘90s. Back in the UK, a now infamous coach trip to the Hacienda ended with the whole posse ejected for having too much fun, and a wan Tony Wilson stating ‘we never overrule our bouncers’. 2010 marks 21 years of this legendary outfit and their mission to bring the house music of the clubs to the fields and the freedom of the fields to the clubs.

Headlining on the second rig, representing the tek end of the old skool party scene, is our regular guest, and acid techno legend, Chris liberator, from the Stay Up Forever collective. Always well received, and with a wealth of releases under his belt, his unique sets are in worldwide demand, and guaranteed to hit the spot. Chris will be joined by Sikaflex and Je:5, now key members of international cutting edge techno outfit Ugly Funk, having previously cut their teeth on the infamous BWPT sound system in the ‘90s, throwing regular and rowdy free techno parties across the midlands countryside and city warehouses. Local support from underground stalwarts Simon Spacecase, Jinal (lush), and RDT ensure that the Southwest scene is well represented also.

Back by popular demand, to host the third system, after rocking the last AWA party at the Koola in June ’08, are the oldskoolanthemz.com crew (the biggest and most active old skool site on the net with over 10000 members) They will be bringing a bunch of talented djs joined by locals, Evil Genius and Dec… and a huge stack of oldskool vinyl covering Club classics and 80s-90s house styles, oldskool hip hop, breaks, electro and beyond.

Friday Night social and the Sunday session will feature an eclectic mix of classic records, line up still tbc. BBQ, films, fire, fully licensed bar and camping available Friday Saturday and Sunday night, to make it easier for those who travel a long way to attend.

Line up as confirmed so far...

Friday night social...
Outdoor rig playing afternoon untill 12am or so, line up tbc, but confirmed so far...
Shooms(OSA)
Adam Wilson

Bar
couple of oldskool films
BBQ
Fire
Overnight camping.

Saturday main event....
Bar open lunch time till 3am or so

Rig 1 DiY soundsystem(house music pioneers since 89!)
Digs and Woosh
Jack
Simon DK
Jonno & Tommo (Ornate Music)
Debs(babble)
all playing on the original Black Box Soundsystem.

Rig 2 Retro underground sounds: progressive house, acid trance and techno.
Chris liberator(stay up forever)
Sikaflex(uglyfunk)
Je5(uglyfunk/BWPT)
Simon spacecase(resident)
Jinal(lush)
Deb Finn(OSA/Picks)

Rig 3 A mashup of 80s and 90s house styles, club classics, breaks, electro, hip hop and beyond, provided by Cass-Roc of Krush house arrest fame!(tbc), local veterans and internet radio crew oldskoolanthemz.com.
Cass-Roc(Krush)tbc
Butty(oldskoolanthemz.com)
Cano(OSA)
mr Radish(OSA)
Dec(resident)
RDT(resident/Top Hat)
Alex Bennett(OSA/Picks)
Funkytrucker(OSA/Picks)
Bennydigital(OSA)
Evil Genius

Also

BBQ
Fire
Overnight camping.

Sunday Chillout.
Bar open lunch time till eve
Outdoor rig playin chilled oldskool stuff, full line up tbc, confirmed so far.
Je:5(uglyfunk)
Adam Wilson
Mr Radish

Food and drink avail
Fire
Films
Overnight Camping

Decent showers and toilets
There will be a family camping area, for those who cant get a babysitter!
No charge for under16s accompanied by parent at all times.
Dogs on leads only please.
Campervans welcome.
Decent friendly security team.

Tickets will be available soon, priced at just 20quid for 3 nights inc camping(limited no. available). Or 15quid for access to the main event only on the saturday night.
In the very unlikely event that some tickets remain unsold, these will be up for grabs on the door, on a first come first served basis.

facebook group for priority tickets n info http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=306142163528&ref=ts

OSA reviews of our last eventhttp://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/event-reviews/86094-all-ways-acid-14th-june-2008-a.html

Blue Jammers set from our last event http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/member-dj-mixes/90277-new-mix-added-all-ways-acid-mix-june-2008-a.html:thumbsup:

We are pleased to announce that tickets for Love4life Summer Soundsystem Fun are now available to buy online!
Thank you to everyone for your support of this event, capacity is 500, and it looks like we will sell out of tickets well in advance, so please, if you are serious about attending, and especially if you are traveling a long way, as many are, don’t waste any time getting in touch, or you will miss out.

There are 3 types of ticket…

Saturday main event only
Fifteen pounds
This admits you to the venue, on Saturday 21 August for the main event, from 9 pm until midday on Sunday. This does NOT include camping, but you’re fine to snooze in your car if you’re a lightweight (or the driver)!

Weekend camping
Twenty pounds
This admits you to the venue to camp all weekend, and includes access to the event, from 1pm on Friday 20th August until 11am on Monday 23rd August.
Please let us know how many tents your party are bringing.

Weekend campervan
Twenty pounds
This admits you to the venue, to stay in your van all weekend, and includes access to the event, from 1pm on Friday 20th August until 11am on Monday 23rd August.
Your mates sharing the van will need a weekend camping ticket each, only the driver needs a weekend campervan ticket.
Please let us know the type (size) of the vehicle so we can keep track of space available.
THESE CAMPERVAN TICKETS SOLD OUT IN 48HRS! WE WILL HAVE A LOOK AROUND THE SITE AGAIN, COUNT THE NUMBER AND SIZE OF VEHICLES COMING, AND SEE IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO ALLOCATE ANY MORE SPACE!
please e mail us at love4life@live.co.uk, if you want to be added to the campervan waiting list, no promises we can find room for any more.

How to buy your tickets online:

Send an E MAIL to love4life@live.co.uk

Include the number and type of tickets required, and how many tents your party will bring. Please remember to include your postal address! And let us know if you are bringing any kids.

We will send you a Paypal invoice, with details of which tickets you have requested, and confirmation of your postal address.
Your Paypal invoice will include a Pay Now button, just check that we have got your order, and details correct, then click the button.
You do not have to have a Paypal account to pay, a credit or debit card is fine.
Paypal is a safe way to pay on line; we never see your bank details!

You have 1 week from the date the invoice is sent to respond with payment, or your order will be sent to the back of the queue!

We will post your tickets by Recorded Signed For delivery, once you have paid and the transaction is complete. This may take a few days; we intend to post tickets out twice a week. There will be a fee of one pound fifty per transaction, plus sixty pence per ticket to cover the cost of the Paypal transaction, and the postage. Don’t worry if this seems complicated, we’ll do the sums, and it will all be on the invoice!

The venue will be at full capacity, so parking, camping and campervan space is limited, please help everyone out by sharing transport and tents where possible, and please try not to bring a huge tent or van for just one person.

Come and celebrate our cultural history, see you in the summer!

All Ways Acid!

Jan 30, 2008
nr Newquay
www.allwaysacid.com
Can i come in my caravan? :)
We already sold out of caravan/campervan tickets. BUT send your request, inc size of caravan to the love4life@live.co.uk, the full details of the campervan waiting list are posted above...
Im visiting the venue on thurs to measure up, see if we can fit in a few more vans somewhere!
If u can deal with weekend under canvass, id suggest getting camping tickets, which we will happily exchange for caravan ticket if we can find some more room....
There is a premier inn hotel just down the road also.

Remember to inc in your e mail that you already contacted me on OSA and we will try to sort something. x

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Very Important!

Can I ask any OSA'ers to get in touch with me regarding who is bringing cars, tents etc.

I have be charged with the task of making sure we are all well looked after. With your help in providing this info, the love 4 life team will help us!

Please PM me with your details of numbers coming, number of cars and tents.

Many Thanks.:thumbsup:

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Hey guys I think im gonna try my best to get to this one, I need to find out how much to take the Van on Ferry from Guernsey to Weymouth then Drive down. (Gonna be a long trek from Weymouth - Helston) Also round up peeps from my hometown of Saltash in Cornwall for my friends that want to go. Im guessing 3-4 tents & about 10 peeps need to get them to confirm. I no Time is against me so ill be on the case to get it sorted asap.

Dave will be in touch fella, would ace to see you again after the last one when i got Cano to play MENTAL CUBE - Q!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
I'm now confirmed on the line-up for a set on Friday and Sunday so really looking forward to this. :D

We know the music is gonna be good... let's pray for some decent weather.... :cool:

All Ways Acid!

Jan 30, 2008
nr Newquay
www.allwaysacid.com
Hey guys I think im gonna try my best to get to this one, I need to find out how much to take the Van on Ferry from Guernsey to Weymouth then Drive down. (Gonna be a long trek from Weymouth - Helston) Also round up peeps from my hometown of Saltash in Cornwall for my friends that want to go. Im guessing 3-4 tents & about 10 peeps need to get them to confirm. I no Time is against me so ill be on the case to get it sorted asap.

Dave will be in touch fella, would ace to see you again after the last one when i got Cano to play MENTAL CUBE - Q!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was fun last time in clubland, going to be fantastic partying in an interesting venue, be great if u can make it this year:love:

Last edited:

All Ways Acid!

Jan 30, 2008
nr Newquay
www.allwaysacid.com
We have a few under the counter OSA tickets reserved for you lot:D but please confirm your numbers now!
I have a waiting list of people ready to snap up any of the OSA camping spaces that remain unclaimed:eek: and its not fair to keep them waiting much longer for an answer.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Might be a very stupid question (and opening myself up to all kinds of piss taking here) but..... :p

is there anywhere on site to plug things in ie... hair straightners :$ mobile phone charger :p

Just want to know cus if not then ill need to sort summat out :$

helen(ugg)

May 6, 2008
sunny newquay (ish)
www.myspace.com
Might be a very stupid question (and opening myself up to all kinds of piss taking here) but..... :p

is there anywhere on site to plug things in ie... hair straightners :$ mobile phone charger :p

Just want to know cus if not then ill need to sort summat out :$
I didnt book the venue with hairstyling facilitys in mind! but I think the soundsystems use something called electrickery, and so its not out of the question for u to find a power point somewhere:D that said, if u got inverter for a car lighter socket then bring it..

see you next week Dave(not UGG)