So what do ya know,About the "O"?!?!?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

framer

Jun 16, 2002
Just a general quiz really about the old skool 4 fun,dunno if you've done this b4 but here goes....

Rulez:Whoever answers the question first correctly gets to ask the next question

lets see if we can find out things we never knew...

First question:

Who were the faces behind the Altern 8 masks ?

Hutty

Nov 20, 2001
Leyland
MARK ARCHER and CHRIS PEAT if i am not mistaken!!

And your starter for 10!!

Which N-JOI tune when the intro is span backwards provides a rather amusing but sick satanic message "Yes 2 Satan"????
:confused: :confused:

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
Hutty said:
MARK ARCHER and CHRIS PEAT if i am not mistaken!!

hat off 2 u fella (if ur right that is)

now u gotta think of a quezzie!!

ps good thread framer fella its about time we got this bunch of lazy arses thinkin lol :D

pps i moved to music chat ul get a hold of the anoraks in there :thumbsup:

Hutty

Nov 20, 2001
Leyland
Nobody's got the answer 2 my question!! Answer if any1's interested?

QUESTION WAS -- Which N-JOI track has a satanic message in it when the intro is span backwards??

ANSWER IS -- ADRENALIN on the ADRENALIN E.P the beginning "woo where gonna get this place... (repeated)" when span backwards reveals the message "woo yes to SATAN!"

I can c u all jumping 4 your record boxes!! it's pretty frweaky actually!!!!

BRADDY

Nov 22, 2001
PRESTON / Ashton
just dug it out of my collection and fek me it does actually say woo yeah to satan.
it took me a couple of goes to get it to the right speed but it does say it, freaky or what.:| :| :|

Hutty

Nov 20, 2001
Leyland
Read about it in sum magazine years ago. There's a few OS tunes like that but that was the only one i had so it stuck in my head. And every1 thought N-JOI were a clean cut act with a fit blonde singing "I'm in love with u!!!" Where they really talking to the man down below?? LOL

Francis

Mar 13, 2002
Huddersfield
I was gonna reply to this in the Chillout section earlier, but i though butty had moved it, then i couldn't find it in here :(

Ah well lol

Another one BTW is DJPC - Insomniak, when played backwards it says "I Can't sleep" just incase ya didn't know :)

Theres some freaky stuff around lol

Francis

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Republica ... uuuurgh

Shame on me (and you for that matter Al) for knowing that one.

Think her name was Saffron wasn't it

Francis

Mar 13, 2002
Huddersfield
biskit said:
Just to carry on with this 'QUIZ', here's an easy starter...

What does F.P.I stand for in the F.P.I Project??

Marco Fratty, Corrado Presti & Roberto Intrallazzi are the 3 guys behind FPI Project, so i would assume its to do with their surnames ??

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Going Back To My Roots was originally recorded by Lamont Dozier but the best version was by Richie Havens. I reckon this has to be the earliest origin of what was to become piano house, the intro sounds just like a house tune

Dunno what the second tune would be, though

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Didnt rich in paradise steal a guitar type riff by Bob Marley and The Wailers???, duno the title though..................reggae styleeeeee :).

Sirius

Mike said:
Going Back To My Roots was originally recorded by Lamont Dozier but the best version was by Richie Havens. I reckon this has to be the earliest origin of what was to become piano house, the intro sounds just like a house tune

Dunno what the second tune would be, though

tuuuuuuuuuuuuuune !! Of of my personal favs - & also fav mix too.... Hashim - Al-Naayfish with Richie Havens mixed in from the 1st breakdown - they sooooooooo compliment each other... wicked stuff :thumbsup:

Didnt rich in paradise steal a guitar type riff by Bob Marley and The Wailers???, duno the title though..................reggae styleeeeee .

Wasn't the guitar from 'Could you be loved' used in SBam 'Take me away' ?

Francis

Mar 13, 2002
Huddersfield
Re: More usless OS info

Shoomster said:

Question:

What's the connection between M People, Madonna and Womack & Womack ?

Erm, me thinks they have all had songs remixed by Sasha ???

M-People - How Can I Love You More/Someday
Madonna - Ray Of Light/Substitute for love
Womack & Womack under a different name as House Of Zekkeriyas.

Francis