GoodTimes & Parlez Vous 17th Aug 2002

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
Well, after a hectic week and a fantastic afternoon at the footy it was all pile down to GT for a couple of hours and as per usual I wasn't disappointed!!

A big shout to everyone there:

Adam - you are a true bouncy, dancing, mad-head and a total STAR. :luv:

Big T - Top to meet you babes & hope to see you at all the next GT too:party:

Flange/ VA - nutters as usual. Funny as fek (again as usual) and a constant source of entertainment !! :icecream: :mad: :king: VA, I still think Flange had hard nipples cos he was after feeling you up :drevil: ;) Also, Flange, am I dreaming but why were you wandering around the club with Alan on the phone just chatting to random people :confused: lol.

Alan - cheers for arranging the live phone link up via Flange !! :rofl: The lengths some people will go to for a 'fix' of GT :rolleyes: lol.

M-Jaxx - Excellent Zimmer dancle floor action m8 :thumbsup: - you'll be challenging Tonksi for his crown of Zimmer Champion soon :D

Tall Paul & Brother (Dave I think) - lovely to see you again babes *hug* and get your bro off his seat and on the dancefloor next time !!! :cops:

Phil Bks - I told you it was worth going down there for. Take of your mind off stuff...... Glad you feel a little better :luv: :)

Clare - Sorry for rushing off just as you arrived babes. We'll have to catch up and have a girly "no men allowed" weekend of pampering very very soon. :love: :love: Oh, and I hope you sorted out your little *ahem* gravity problem when you got there ;) :loo:

Pacman - :eyes: :fekked: as usual. Great to see you again too - maybe not quite as much :pixie: :pixie: next time eh !!! :hubba:

Hektik & AliKatt - thanks for making the effort to come up all the way from London and a warm welcome to Ali who was a GT virgin till Sat night. Welcome aboard babes :D:D

Mik - Liked the moon walking babes ;) ;) & your feet even touched the dancefloor a couple of times ;) :p

Ben - another top night as usual babes and a top set too - can't wait for the b'day party in Sept. It's gonna be a cracker :love: :love: :love: :love:

RJ - 3 - 0 :drevil: :p :drevil: :p

Apologies if I've missed anyone out :(

The sets as usual were GREAT. Ben, excellent first set, quite hard for a beginning of the night but everyone was up for a good laugh and M-Jaxx and I were bouncing like good uns. :whip:
Andy's was another belter of a set. Very 'Zone'y feel to it, but a nice change and a good range of tunes. :D
RJ - I love Espirelle and had a good boogie but then had to leave so I'll let someone else complete RJ's set......... (sorry)

All in all, a bit quiet but then again it's nearly the ens of 'festival season' so hopefully it will pick up again soon and the addition of a hard house room for the birthday might be the pick me up that GT needs to get it rocking again.

Looking forward to the next one :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones:

Moving on to Parlez Vous......
After a short drive to Bradford Hektik, Ali and I went to Parlez Vous, an invite only club in a secret location in Bradford. Top venue, top tunes, top DJ's and all in all a great night was had by all. Stan, Shan and JonP all played blinders as did Dan Tait and The Minister (I think) in the funky room up stairs.

PV is a great up and coming club, quite small but extremely friendly and for a HH club a bonus of not much fur (personally I'm not big into the fluffy boot posse I'm afraid:S ) - Excellent fast as fek mix of the Blur 'Girls and Boys' tune which brought a smile to my face. Also heard: and a HH versions of Artemesia 'Bits and Pieces' which was another good remix :D HH version of Bassheads 'Anybody out there'.

As I don't partake of party prescriptions I was knackered by 5.30am so went to sleep in the car for a couple of hours till everyone else had had enough.

Came home at lunchtime yesterday and all in all a knackering but excellent weekend !!!! :love: :love: :love: :king: :king: :king:

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
I agree with Pix, it was a quality occasion:

Sets
-----

Ben - Only made last half hour or so but well impressed, a little bit faster than usual and well recieved, nice to walk in and wanna dance straight away. Terrorize - Nice choice!

Andy P - Well impressed, was a bit wary as some of the Zone DJ's Ive heard before play later tunes from port 96/97, which isnt really oldskool, and also at a v e r y s l o w p i t c h But set started slowish but good and then built up excellently with some proper oldskool piano classics from the right era. Looking forward to hearing more of these sets.

Rick Jones - As usual, F*CKING brilliant set. Top build up from first tune to last, Nightwrtiers (NRG Remix) just one of the banging tunes in this set. Should have played out more often IMO but never onc played anything that didnt impress - Quality oldskool DJ and best set of the night.

Peeps
--------

Think ive mentioned you lot on another thread, top to meet the usual mad heads as ever, and a few new ones. Shame that some of ya werent there but we'll make up for it next month (cant wait for that one):

Pix - Top to see ya, and me :fekked:......Nah (hee hee)

VA - Your a fekkin star mate, we were chatting shite for along time methinks

Flange - I remember ya having AL on the phone just before I started waffling to ya, so hear missed out on hearing my thoughts!!! Top to talk to ya mate - See ya next month for some QUALITY Daz Willott and XTC tuneage

Clare - Its ALWAYS top to see you babes, Andf I'll be round for me tea one night ;)

Rick - Cheers for the cd mate, Cheers for the directions to the car park...Got a bit confused when we came out the other way!!! lol !!!

Big T - Good to meet ya mate

Phil Bks - Hope sat chilled ya a bit fella, you looked like you were having a good un.

Jaxxy - Me ol codshite muckaroo-roo-roo-roo, I am really glad we cleared up the ol' 'What colour Litter tray does a cat prefer' Saga and look forward to more of the same soon sunnus Jimmus.

Mik / Jaxxy - Exeter is but 4 miles away

Ben - Top night m8, next month will be amazing, and packed im sure.

Jo - Top to meet ya, and glad we put the world to rights on 'If your gonna wear a t-shirt from a club, then make sure you've f**kin' been there' !!!!!

And anyone I ve mssed, then see ya's next time.

All in all, really good night and nice one to Ben and Mik for continually arranging quality occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:

italian style

Feb 22, 2002
wakefield
yeah top night had by me too, top review pixie and pacman, don't think we met i'l have to introduce my self at the 3ry b day:D

pixie nice to meet you too, stomping all night,can see you like ya tunes

m jaxx top bloke v funny:D and cheers for gettin me the name of lan 'get in to my life' my frav tune at the mo.

hektic also a top bloke, nice to meet ya.;)

leedj top sound bloke, hope to see ya at the next 1.

phil bks, need i say more really friendly guy:thumbsup: sort some tapes for me later cheers:D

tall paul and bro two top guys,need to get ya bro on to the dance floor think i was talkin to him about australia and his travels, i'm hoping to travel oz in a year or two aswell.

also clare wrexham nice to meet you really funny girl.

any way nice to meet ya all, all top friendly people and hope to see ya at the next 1!

Clare Wrexham!

Jan 14, 2002
manchester
:rotate: Got to club about 12.30. Rj went straight to work and started his set with one of my all time classics Esparell, nearly wet myself when I heard it come in but luckly I was on the loo at the time so no accidents there!!! :crazy:

Huge shout outs go to :-

Pixie - short but very sweet babes and you looked gorgeous as usual! we will sort out our girlie day very soon :luv:

RJ - Your technical ability darling is first class :confused: or should I say top set as usual!! :love: :love: :love:

Pacman - You are a superstar and we aint ever gonna lose touch :king: Say hi to Mike for me.

M-Jaxx - Loved the joke and have been telling everyone about the euro!! Make sure you take your daughter to Eureka she will love it! :spin:

Big T & Adam Burton - Top to meet you both, If I don't see you before I will see you at retro in Sept, I feel a night of madness coming on!!! :axe:

Flange - still don't get the joke!!! :crazy: See you soon.

Phil bks - Le beer Le dick head!!! LOL until next time....

Tall Paul - Top to see you again, can't believe you remember that jackson 5 mix type tune from Legends!! See you soon, all 6ft 5 of you!!:pixie:

Ben - You can buy my euro off me for £1!!!

Sorry if I have missed anyone out, big hello anyway ;)

Oh yes to the guys who thought I was Sam Butcher/Mitchell from Eastenders.... NO I AM NOT!!, (Frank perhaps!!) :S

See everyone soon :love:

Last edited:

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Clare Wrexham! said:
RJ - Your technical ability darling is first class

Jesus, you could put that review in the Times!!!!

Clare Wrexham! said:
Pacman - You are a superstar and we aint ever gonna lose touch :king: Say hi to Mike for me.[/B]

Mike needs to A) Realise he's got a name instead of just Pacmans mate lolol and B) Get on da board.

VinylAnimal

Jul 18, 2001
West Yorkshire
can i jus say that the tune rj played as last was an insult to tune lovers everywhere :| :naughty:

set = perfect (imo) but fuk me da last tune is "da man" and u gotta make him special - art of noise with iron bars on a railway track just dont cut it wif me :axe: :axe:

imo if ya cant handle last tune u shud not go on as last man ;) :$ :thumbsup:

i KNOW you got em fella so how bout excercising em once in a while ;)

Clare Wrexham!

Jan 14, 2002
manchester
VinylAnimal said:
can i jus say that the tune rj played as last was an insult to tune lovers everywhere :| :naughty:

Oh well you cant please them all can you, I thought the last tune was ace, ultrasonic are superb, ok maybe it was harder and faster than usual but it cetainley separated the boys from the men!!! :axe: ;)

Clare Wrexham!

Jan 14, 2002
manchester
VinylAnimal said:
set = perfect (imo) but fuk me da last tune is "da man" and u gotta make him special - art of noise with iron bars on a railway track just dont cut it wif me :axe: :axe:

imo if ya cant handle last tune u shud not go on as last man ;) :$ :thumbsup:

i KNOW you got em fella so how bout excercising em once in a while ;) [/B]

Ohhh (clare waves handbag in Vic and bob style!!) and they say girls are bitchy!! ;)

Clare Wrexham!

Jan 14, 2002
manchester
Oh dear Al, how wrong you are. I have spent the last 4 months asking Rick to play certain tunes but to no avail!!!

Rick plays what he wants, I'm good Al but not that good!!;)

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
gdlogowhiteadobe.jpg

Top night as usual, great to meet all the new peep's, and all the old ones

Top sets as always by all the DJs who played :phones:

big big big thanks to Ben for letting us crash at his place, and for the infatic scratching lessons, hope I can return the favour very soon m8 . Cheers Ben ;)

Big T, Adam Burton, Phil_BKS, Andy Pendal RJs Sister ( Sorry dear ...forgot your name )and all the other peep's I met for the first time ( Feckin wicked.....all of you ) hope you all had a good one, and look forward to seeing you all again very soon

Pixie, Hektik, Claire, VA, Flange, Pacman, Tall paul & his OSA family, RJ, Mik & Ben

It is always a plesure to come out to play with all my best friends
and this one was know exception ( Give yourself a round of applauce & a WKD ) ;)

have to rush off now and catch mi train back dan sarrrf, see you all soon

M Jaxx

Ps who's nicked the wheels off mi Zimmer frame :mad: :mad: :mad:

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
I missed Tall Paul, good to see ya mate - And to see ya speeding past in your Beastlike Supra on the way back!!!!

Nice one for editing me post RJ, Fek knows why I thought ya sister was called Amy :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
pacman said:
I missed Tall Paul, good to see ya mate - And to see ya speeding past in your Beastlike Supra on the way back!!!!

Nice one for editing me post RJ, Fek knows why I thought ya sister was called Amy :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

Dunno hun - you were a bit :fekked: tho !! lol. My real name is Amy tho, maybe u just got mixed up and Jo would have hated u for calling her Amy cos she seems to have an issue with me for some unknown reason !!!

How can u miss Tall Paul tho - he's.....like...... WAY TALL !!!!!! :D:D:D

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
I was a bit :fekked: I suppose!! I know your name is Amy, maybe Clare mentioned your name and me being :fekked: prob got it into my head that was Ricks sis's name......Who knows eh!!! All sorts of nonsensical things were going on in that head of mine Pix!!!!

I didnt miss Tall Paul as In not seeing him, just forgot to mention him!!!!