Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
wot a top night, still avin it ere as im sure everyone at cassa del kenyon is lol
will do a proper review when im more compasmentus if thats a real word lol

me and antz sharing a chair??? sj givin me baby wipes lol

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
A fantastic night, great to see all the usual suspects and a few new faces, and the best start to Finno's birthday celebration EVOH!!!!!!!!!!
Biskit, Vertigo, Mick, you all played blinders!

A bit of a letdown in the Dugout when first the monitor died during Jim's set, and then for Bod we had to try and tweak the rear of the mixer on the fly mid-set when the satellite speakers dropped volume and bass... Both DJ's did a fantastic job despite the problems! :thumbsup:

Photos here

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Big thanks to Kev and Sarah for the lifts :)

Was great to see everyone again, like a reunion from the hazy dayz ;)
Was also great to meet some new faces and typically I have a rubbish memory but I'll try and remember you all (if I haven't it's because I'm shit)

Monty, Speedysnail, Bod & Bernie, Italoldskool, Ford Prefect, Barrie Jay, Biskit/Miss Cola (altho we've met before but too hazy lol) Bren, U31, Leaky, Cutter, Bastard22 (aka Emma off soulseek) + her boyfriend Roach, Tilly - think that's everyone if not erm :$ :crazy:

Thanks to Ian and Lisa for making us welcome - Debs had been saying she wanted to go to an old skool night and was thinking about Bowlers or this, and as a birthday surprise I got tickets sorted for this (which I'm now glad!)

I really enjoyed Jim and Bods sets at the dugout which was a cool venue for pre event meet ups, better than scu bar as it had decent seating, Jim played some top electro - Mantronix Bassline being one that stood out for me, then Bod played some ace early house tracks getting everyone in the spirit with super tight mixing - I think they would be great choices for the main room at future events.

Biskit played some nice stuff early on, Future FJP and Acts Of Madmen being two of my stand outs. Together's PA was top, wasn't keen on the new version of Hardcore Uproar but thankfully they did the original version at the end and the reactions must have told them that it was the preferred version from all on the dancefloor :)

Had a bit of a wander and catch up when Vertigo was on, stopping briefly to hear High Society - what seemed to blur into one was then suddenly Dream Frequency's PA - was gagging to hear Live The Dream but we got the Dreamscape intro at least so that was nice and great reactions to 'Take Me'(never seen Debs dancing so much!) Also really nice to have a chat to Ian Bland after, top bloke and he was really enjoying Mick's set which I thought was the set of the night for the main event. Superb reactions to D-Shake and Energy Flash and Mick was as cool as fuck the whole time - as I said to Ian he is one of the best DJ's on the planet. :king:

What I thought really though throughout the whole night was it's more about people, love and respect - it really wouldn't have mattered as much if the tunes weren't as good as they were on the night as seeing everyone again was ace.

[5 star rating for this - would have been 10 but the board only goes up to 5]

Thanks to Debs for being ace as ever as well :love:

See you again in March for the next one ;)

lee laaaa

Aug 10, 2007
Well were do i start as this night surpased last time:thumbsup:
Got the dugout bout 8:50 as i wanted to see jim n bodzilaaaaaa do there sets and they never let anyone down from jims eclectic mixture of tunage:thumbsup: and bodzillaaaaa's set that got people warmed up n ready f the main event ( shame about the sound system lads but still uz pulled it off ):thumbsup:
Big shout to leegas shazza n bren f me birthday suit feckn quality:thumbsup: ( i still have it :rofl: ) and phil(bong) his missus n kraut f the bday prezzie and george best card;)
Was great to see shazza n lee, italoldskool , nupski, anne n john, nics, bernie dave and his missus, tilly and everyone else i either chatted to or had a random boogie with, you were all fookn ace and made my birthday 1 of the best ever :D :D :D
Anyway it was then off to 02 and biskit was on 1st and he dropped 1 of my fav choons acts of madmen:thumbsup: then it was together and how good they were live phones: then the turn of vertigo playing top choonage as ever, then came dream frequency and they were fookn ace:thumbsup: but have t say the 2 dj's that blew the roof off were puto(how fookn good is he :cool: )and robbie edwards( his set was like an old cokey set) remember sil blue oyster and mental cube q phones: i actually stayed till 3:45 and then got off to a little party and stayed up all night drinking jd n cokes then went to watch liverpool beat utd 2-0 cooooooooomeeeeee onnnnnnnnnnnnn;)
got home 6pm and took the knock.
So all i can say is what a weekend i had:D
I would like to give the biggest thanks to ian and lisa for putting on another night of top dj's n pa's and cant wait for march:cool: :D :thumbsup:
Oh btw if you didnt go read the posts and weep and go to the next 1 in march :thumbsup:

Ford Prefect

Jul 4, 2004
What can i say apart from "WHAT A BELTIN NIGHT AGAIN!!"

Got to the dugout a bit early and was quite empty which was a bit worrying, but after half an hour the place filled up and was bouncin to the sounds of Jiglo playing some top old electro which kicked my night off in grand style and Bod just carried the vibe on with some lovely tunes and the place was jumping.

On to the 02 and the dancefloor filled up immediately with Biskit throwing down some awesome tunes,Vertigo was class as always and Dream Frequency just took the roof off same as Together.Robbie Edwards had the place jumpin too phones: Everyone was up for it all night,singing dancing,hands in the air happy people :love: :love:

Set of the night for me was Pluto though.The man is just a legend :thumbsup:

Really good to meet some new people and see some old faces again :D

Massive thanks to Ian and Lisa for putting on another fantastic night and for their hospitality after :fekked:

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
Thanks to Ian and Lisa for putting on these nights and for their hospitality.

The night was simply top notch from the Dug-Out to being thrown out at the end. The music was excellent from start to finish, so thanks to the DJs and PAs for keeping us all well entertained.

Met loads more OSA peeps and many others too. Not even going there with names, my brain is still not quite fully functional to recall names (then again perhaps it never was).

There is a post on Facebook about the event from some random asking whether Retro-Trax was a club or an event. The reply sums it all up - Retro Trax is a feeling.

I could not have put it better myself. The atmosphere and friendliness are genuinely like it used to be and like it should be.

If you have not been to one of these events you are missing out big style.

March seems such a long way off - but looking forward to it again already.

kpower81

Jul 14, 2009
That was a night to remember!!! (or not! ha) :confused:
Im still abit fragile. I ended up swimmin in a water fountin just off lime st at bout 4 am!! Not good :fekked: an couldnt get a taxi. :naughty:
It was my first time at this event an wont be my last. Thanx for a outstanding night the music was amazing :thumbsup: Was great to see dream frequency an together live. Roll on march without wishin my life away. Oh yeah can anyone tell me if it will be on at the 02 again???

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
had a great time on Saturday but i wasnt feeling too great:hurl: but god damn it i tried honest i did:ba: altho i stayed off the drugs this time:|

great to see my osa crew in effect:cool: my brain wasnt working properly so sorry to everyone whos name i got wrong, i was doing it all night and i felt like a right div:$ but dont worry, i do know who u are and i do actually know ur name:D although no excuse for calling Antz 'neet' on the drive up:eek:

was gutted i didnt last all night, especially getting off whilst pluto was on cos he was the DJ i was most looking forwards tophones: the music was mint all night, enjoyed Biskits set, first time ive heard u play Chris:thumbsup:

'luv Bug' by Together:head: i love that tune... thanx 4 the id antz m8, its doing my head in tho trying to figure out where i know from:crazy:

anyone know the date for the next one????

shazza

VIP Silver Member
Nov 30, 2007
bootle liverpool
Had a great night all round!!! Got to The Dugout 1st lol and thought maybe its the wrong night! :$
Gutted to bits never realised who Blue Jammer and Debs were..though I took a photo of them! woulda liked to have had a chat if Id realised!
Bod an Jim did a great job in The Dugout :thumbsup:
So good to see everyone, old friends and new :love:
Djs were awesome in the O2...:)
Lol @ me gettin moody coz I thought Together werent gonna play the original Hardcore Uproar :rofl: When they did it was electric!! Great to see EVERYONE dancin...just how it should be!
Had to leave just before Pluto finished as Lees been ill all week and wasnt feelin too good :(
Thanks to everyone (especially Ian and Lisa) for makin an old..ish raver very happy..:D

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
nice 1 ian for putting on yet again another quality night!!

the dugout is an absolute ace as fcuk venue, fantastic for a pre-bar shindig, gets eveyone up for it nice and easy and espesh to the sounds of jim and bods sets:thumbsup: shame there were probs with the monitor etc but i can honestly say it didnt make a differance to the crowd.....we all loved it and you both soldiered on despite the technicalaties and dint throw a diva dj strop:he she:

got into the o2 academy and it was filling up nicely and everybody was on the dancefloor straight away stomping to Biskits set......was good to hear you play that type of set:thumbsup:

when together donned the stage everybody went mental, even when they did the 2nd tune which was like a remix of hardcore uproar and i heard so many people say "well this is a fcukin let down" and stopped dancing and started to walk away........but then when the original hardcore uproar intro kicked in everybody went mental and rushed to the front:thumbsup: i got that spine tingly feeling and just stomped with a cheshire grin smiley face:D

the tallest man in oldskool (ste vertigo) played a wicked set and never failed to deliver as per, everybody was still going for it:rotate:

then dream frequancy, what can i say, absoultly superb performance:thumbsup: boy can she still belt out that song:D so much energy in a set :thumbsup:

when "everybodys favourinte uncle knobhead" pluto did his set everybody was still going for it:thumbsup: shame about the sound blipping etc during your set but you still puilled off yet another quality set.

was great to see cutter the master of ceromonies on the mic and his lovely lady lauren, great to see ya both again:love:

i sloped off towards the end of pluto's set as i had a lot on on the sunday and with my mam being in hospital etc i wasnt in full stomping mode but it was great to catch up with so many old faces......TK tony, where the fcuk have you been hiding, not seen you since hazydays:thumbsup: glad you made it out and hope to see ya at future events:thumbsup: the same with shanine and her lovely fella, also crystal and blue hammer, ace as fcuk to see you both out and also the regulars neet manc shazza n lee, finno bong n crew, brenda, antz, dannster, sj with her partner in crime helen, kev n sarah, and also kevp n lisa and brock and speedy:love: sorry if i missed anybody off the list you know how it is :$

i know the next event is in march, i know its aaaages away but it will be here before you know it:thumbsup:

grover

Jun 5, 2003
I was in work till 12.15 so never got there till mid Vertigos set who had the club bouncing - I heard Biskits set was brilliant and Together had the club rocking.
Loved Dream Frequencys P.A. they put a great show on with the dancers.
Was great to see everyone again, sorry about the problem with one of the decks(trust it to go all wobbly during my set lol).
I'm not really a big fan of saying who's set was the best as every DJ played their part and made sure that no 2 tunes were repeated.
The first time I ever Dj'd in a club was when Robbie Edwards gave me a go on the decks in The Coconut Grove back in 1990, so it was a pleasure to hand the decks over to the Legend at the end of the night in what was my last ever set in a club :wave: Robbie was great (mental cube and f de wulf's B sides etc).
I'll look forward to the next one as i'll be able to go mental on the dancefloor and listen to some quality DJ's.

p.s. Massive thanks to everyone who has been to any of the nights I have played in the past and to all the DJ's and promoters for putting up with me lol :thumbsup:

Last edited:
well from the dozens of texts , shed load of FACEBOOK :thumbsup: msgs , and some ace comments on the couple of reviews so far on here ive had , seems like it was poss one of the best nites ive done, (not my words):D

was always gonna be a tough one with 2 P.A.s to orginize ect , but i think it went off boss , hats off to suddi + ian for thier ultra proffesional imput and co-opertation , no diva nonsense off these legends:thumbsup: :thumbsup: great to have 2 acts working together not just back stage on the night but the days leading upto the event to make things as EASY as they could for me aka the event ,:D its defo a breath of fresh air :)

theres always a snag or 2 , and this time was no exception ,1st tiny one was the pre bar 9pm -11pm got there in good time to find that even though i had the same set up , same mixer , same decks , same monitor ,the lead from monitor to mixer was missing :S , so had to run next door improvise so grabbed one of the sound guys from the 02 (who was in the middle of a rock show) at 8.55pm he came in and the lead he brought wasnt the right one ,but he had to get back before he lost his job , so then i waited until his mate was on his break to get him come over and sort it out so by 9.18pm it was all sorted , was not aware bout any other probs with the sound system or swiches ect ,as with this 1 in the dug out bieng my 4th one and nothing as far as i know is any different :confused:

after all is said n done it is a "WARM UP" pre bar / meet up place ,and in the past mabey the djs who have played early FULL ON peak time sets at full volume has caused confusion :S as to what people expected , TBH thats why i pulled it back to 9.00pm , and prob will later again next time poss 9.30pm with just 1 dj on

as for the pre bar 2 djs all the feedback ive had was they BOTH did play ace WARM UP sets phones: which is exactly what i asked for :thumbsup: , only caught a bit of bods tbh and loved it so ill defo be having you back on at one of my events in 2010;) looking forward to hearing ur mix of ur set ,

SO ,then it was onto the main event, I ran round at 10.15pm, had the P.As sitting tight in the dressing room as we all have to wait until the early concert finishes @ 10.30pm which give us about 25min turn around /change over time to set up , a whole dj set up , get the guys pa equiment in place while the staff clear the floors n toilets ect , this is always touch n go to get done before 11pm (as it was a little late on the fpi event ,11.10pm ) but we got it sorted , next snag though was me:$ forgot the visual disc so 11pm had to get someone to drive me all the way over wallasey and get it , once again SI KELSALL you are the man and THANK you once again mate ur a star:love:

so finally got back in bout 11.35 pm caught up with my mate mike who films the events sorted him out :) , then caught last bit of BISKITS set on the decks spinning some amazing tunes and had the place place jumping phones: again see u in 2010 mate for another gig ,:thumbsup:

then it was TOGETHER took to the stage . the luv bug :love: and the new version of hardcore uproar (which i knew they was playing) as they are sort of touring playing both versions out :) not really my cup of tea TBH ive heard it loads already on the radio ect , but hey to get BOTH versions imo is a bonus no matter which way u look at it ,:thumbsup:

then VERTIGO took the to the decks , pacific symphony + fargetta cued up on the 1210s... i knew he would follow the Pa nicley , played a blinder on the decks until the next highlight PA

DREAM FREQUENCY :love: , amazing PA , ian rang me few days before and was that buzzin he asked could he do more than 3 tunes i said yeah go for it , so EUPHORIA was dropped in phones: the other songs tore the roof off and by this time imo the event was peaking , then the man like plutes took to the decks with 20 SECONDS to comply :thumbsup: :D phones: stand out tune of the nite for me :) loved it , heard 1st few tunes he played then had to go and sort the pas equipment ect , radio mics away so missed last few tunes , was not aware of the problem with the deck till u had almost finished , soz mick :$

so when robbie edwards came on i told him he might have a probelm with one of the decks playing up ,but he somehow managed to work around it ,and as pluto said he did deliver another outstanding set :thumbsup:

so well done to ALL the djs :cool: and both the P.As:)

and very SPECIAL THANKS TO "THE MAN LIKE CUTTER" for keeping the nite together , glad to have to you back up north mate

thanks to all i seen or spoke to off osa , far too many to mention or remember i know LEE FINI had boss birthday nite out , i even came found him gave him the last airhorn ;)

also was a surprise to see blue jammer and his lovley missus :) , a nice birthday pressie indeed looked like she loved every minute of it , hopefully see u guys at the next 1 ,

ace seeing Barrie Jay making it down too :) ,see you back on the wheels of steel @ retro-trax 2010 matephones:

HUGE THANKS to eveyone for supporting this event looks like ive a solid few hundred people off facebook and a few off here who love these events and keep making them so speacial :D

OHHHH and as always a very special thanks to my lisa for putting up with me , and all your support + helping out with the event , :love: :love: xxxx

for anyone wanting news on the events planned for 2010 please add urself to the RETRO-TRAX facebook group ,

c u all nxt year:D :D :D :D

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Firstly, big thanks to Ian & Lisa for having us on at the best old skool night around - Retro Trax

The FPI night was brilliant and this night was even better, Nic :love: & I enjoyed it from beginning to end, tiz just what we needed! :D

Turned up at the dug out a little tipsy lol and was treated with a pleasant surprise, I was expecting "boom boom boom" like the last two times ive been to the dugout, and instead I was greeted with some proper 'warm up' tunes, wasnt expecting that, top one Bod & Jig. (no disrespect to DJs in the past, just my opinion)

Enjoyed my set and the peeps appreciating all what i played, was a little buggered with the right deck playing up, wasnt able to play some of the tunes I brought due to the deck wanting to do a skip-a-thon, but anyway I got on with it, and you enjoyed it, and thats all that matters to me. Wasnt expecting that reaction off Future FJP, coz them tunes dont get alot of play anymore, so you dont know what to expect, but it went down well :)

Met a fair few new peeps off OSA, and some from the past, Im a little buggered If I remember all the names, coz I was enjoying the beer flowing lol. Nice one seeing Barrie, Blue Jammer & Debby ( top to see yas again, even though i dont remember meeting you last time lol ) and anyone else I cant remember lol Top one to all the Chorley crew who came up :)

Everything is a bit of a blur, i get like that, but i do remember a bit of Vertigos, and it went down well, Pluto played some blinders which really caught my attention, even with me being pissed, was a really top set that there Pluto :) After Plutos set, dont ask. lol :)

Was an excellent night, and I recommend it to everyone - RETRO TRAX is where its at :thumbsup:

grover

Jun 5, 2003
I forgot to mention in my earlier post thanks to the man like Cutter for a sterling job on the mic and thanks to Ian and Lisa for putting on another cracking night :)

kevp

Sep 20, 2006
ellesmere port
Right its took me few days to get me shit together:ghost: but have to say it was a class night again.

managed to get to the dugout nice an handy and fine free might i add :rolleyes: great to see a few bodies gaggin for it nice an early ;) finally got the tunes sorted after bit of a minor issue and was greeted with quality electro and early house tunage off jigs and bod, my kind of tunage :love: was great to see all the usuals and some new faces in there well up for it :king:.

finally made it into the o2 with biskit pumpin out some very nice stuff, FJP was class mate,then together with prob one of my fav tunes HU :love: not fussed on the remix personally the orig holds too many good memories for me:love: then mr vertigo picked out a few bombs which got the crowd goin for it ;) dream frequency......i seen these a few yrs ago @isis and wasnt fussed....but have to say was very impressed this time round,not really my thing, but enjoyed them all the same :p , then mick came on i knew he was gonna pull a few nice bits out the bag bein his swansong, rubb it inn etc class mate ;) robbie finished off some big quad tunes mental cube etc great ending to a fantastic night.

personally for me the best night musically with some gems bein dug out that you dont really here in clubs anymore, LFO bein one many.
more of the forgotten stuff should be give more of an airing instead of the same old tired cheese that you get at some old skool nights, its what makes you different ;)
oh and the crowd:love: , well what can i say,not naming names because there is too many genuine lovely people at these nights, that just wanna hear great tunes with the "right" people standing next to them,no bullshit,no pretence,no nobs.....just bloody nice people :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks to ian an lisa for putting up with us late into the night/day and the *cough* "entertainment" ;) :cool:

take care and see you all next time,next year :wave:

MASSIVE THANKS TO ALL U THAT CAME AND PARTIED

BIG WELL DONE TO IAN FOR PUTTING ON ANOTHER FANTASTIC NITE:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

well what can i say what a nite and i think everyone that came and partied will be in agreement - everytime i looked at the crowd everyone had their arms in the air bouncing about like it was 1990 again so hats off to u because with out ur support this nite would be nothing
got to the dugout and after sorting out tickets was able to say hello to most people sorry to those i didnt get a chance to talk to :$
came in and heard both sets and they were proper warm up sets they did exactly what it said on the tin imo the music was just at the rite level in the dugout as we didnt want everyone getting absolutely smashed before the main event loved the 2 sets - when bod got on there was more and more people coming in - bod the mixing was absolutely spot on everyone was asking who is that playing - tight mixing brilliant mate :thumbsup: see u in 2010
then into the 02 academy lol at biscuit remember hearing incubas while they were sorting out the sound lol - brilliant set mate first time ive heard u play out and defo not the last was really really impressed as ian said see u in 2010 :D :cool:
then together came on loved it all the crowd up for it - after that came the tall one ;) played a blinding set at usual
dream frequency what can i say they were immense they had the crowd going mental ian bland is a legend as well as trixie and beenie - then came pluto cracking set as always mick sad to know ur hanging up ur headphones but its brilliant to know that the last set u played was at the retro trax event :)
then robbie edwards came on again another brilliant set had the crowd going
cutter was excellent as usual whipping the crowd up and being his usual self ;)
i think without experiencing one of these nites its hard to explain how friendly people are - its defo an experiance not to be missed - theres no cheese and i think every dj dug deep into their record box to make sure these were warehouse tunes - its all about people coming together to have a good time no snarlers its like ur first experiance on a dove ;) all loved up hugging each other and having the time of their lives - its u the crowd that make the blood sweat and tears worthwhile so always know its appreciated ;) :love: :love:
Also massive massive shout to si wicked kelsell ur a diamond :D
big love to u all
big shout out to all u that came danced and enjoyed the retro trax experiance and as its already been quoted by others retro trax is not just a typical oldskool nite IT IS A FEELING :D :love: :love:

Last edited:

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
Thanks to Ian and Lisa for another top night out and for givin me the opportunity to play in the dugout i really enjoyed it :thumbsup: Jim started with some wicked tunes to kick things off but had problems with the monitor which fortunately for me he sussed at the beggining of my set :king: was great seeing everyone again and meeting a few new people. was a great atmosphere and the music was top all night, cant go into detail cos i was a little worse for ware once inside the 02 :$

All i can say is i had some great conversations with Barrie Jay, Biskit, Lisa, Ian,Bren and was nice to see Speedy and Brock, Dave and mir, Monty, emma and ford prefect, sj and dannster, pepe and sarah, shazza and lee,kev p and lovely to meet Blue jammer and crystal. Cant wait for the next one :thumbsup:

Gunna replay my set from the dugout tonight on here at 10:)

May 16, 2008
Moomin Valley
big thankyou 2 jim for driving:thumbsup: had a feckin top nite:D nice 2 c everyone again plus a few others not going 2 start with names will b here all nite:p bod and jim got the nite of 2 a top start,got in 02 top what i can remember:$ cant wait for next one already massive thankyou 2 ian and lisa for givin bod the opportunity 2 play:D and your hospitality :D