Chemistry @ Escape, Amsterdam 03/08/02

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ZENZEN

Jun 13, 2002
Northern Ireland
www.coachniteclub.com
Well after a week in Amsterdam,ONE of my highlights was Chemistry at Escape Venue at Rembrandtplein 11--1017 CT Amsterdam.
On arrival I was noticing a lot of people being turned away,which I thought strange.But later found out that they let couples in before anybody.So it was lucky the girlfriend was there or I may have been kerb crawling all night :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Doors opened at 11pm and closing time was 5.30am.

You can check out the clubs website by following this link:-
http://www.escape.nl

newpix05.jpg

This is a photo of the main dancefloor and the DJ booth is at the 'Chemistry' sign with a very large stage right behind it.

newpix07.jpg

This is a photo from behind the DJ booth on the stage.

The club is very clean and very big,as for a door policy,the bouncers where more concerned whether or not you had weapons on you or needles.You have to walk through a metal detector at the door after you have emptied your pockets.

Straight to the bar.........:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: Drinks where quite expensive to say the least,I think a Bacardi Breezer worked out around £3.25,but I didnt care as I was on holiday!!

The first song I heard when I got to the main dancefloor was a very bassy tune with the sampled lyrics 'Love is in the air.....Love is in the air....' (I think it was Tom Jones who originally sang it)
You proobably know what I am on about :mad: :mad: :mad:
The reaction it got from the crowd that was slowly building was awesome.Everybody smiling & clapping and having a good time.

Dont even ask who was playing as I had a flyer for the night but I misplaced/recycled it somewhere along the way :gigolo: :gigolo:
Some of the visuals and light shows during the night where brilliant.A really good thing that I did notice was that they didnt overcrowd the place.I think the door policy worked well and I wouldnt of liked to have seen the place if they had let everyone in. :rotate: :rotate: :rotate: :roll: :roll: :roll:

One thing I do have to say is make sure you have change at all times!! I was nearly caught out rushing to the toilet,busting for a p**s and then being asked for 50 cents.Searching through the pockets,nearly busting.....Not Nice!! :naughty: :naughty:

A lot of places in Amsterdam are like that where you have to pay to go, 30p in English money.

If anybody is considering heading to Amsterdam for a weekend check this place out.Recommended!!
I would class the music style of the club as Bassy house/Techno. Some top tracks played though!!:phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones:

Hadnt time for any trainspotting......... having too much fun :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Well I hope you find the website interesting.
zenlogo12.jpg

spinbaby-s.gif

Last edited:

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
Shit... I've been here before, new years eve 96/97. The main thing I remember were the mind blowing trippy pills and amazingly tall fit women.

It's a top friendly club.. If you hit the 'dam' it's probably the best club, but you gotta have your best gear on to get past the door... Best Leave your shell suit, rockport and false moustache's at home .. LOL