Graeme Park Mix Tape 11/10/90

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

matt72

May 22, 2006
Manchester.
Thanks for this Simon. Is this from The Hacienda, i think this is a new one for me, Noel will sort a tracklisting for this.

Any chance of uploading the mp3 using Media Fire or Send Space??

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Cheers Simon :thumbsup:

This is almost certainly from 1990... when did you label that tape? Where is it from?

1. Inner Life 'Aint No Mountain High Enough' (The Garage Version)
2. ???
3. Double Dee feat. Dany 'Found Love' (Caipirina Remix)
4. Project 86 'Total Recall'
5. Robert Owens 'Far Away'
6. ??? - familiar inst ..breifly
7. ??? - "put a smile on your face" C.C. Motiff?
8. ??? - poss Baby Ford or K-Klass \ Maxtrack Orchestra 'Love Is The Message' (Acapella)
9. D.L. Kool 'Get On Up' (Dub) \ ??? - prob Tonya Wynne 'It's Too Late' (Acapella)
11. Acapella Anonymous Vol. #2 'R.E.S.P.E.C.T./K.I.S.S.I.N.G'

12. Maze 'Twilight'
13. Soul Family Sensation 'I Don't Even Know If I Should Call You Baby'
14. Samuelle 'So You Like What You See'
15. Kool Skool 'You Can't Buy My Love'
16. The Sindecut 'Tell Me Why?'
17. ???
18. ???
19. Cheryl Lynn 'Encore'
20. ???

Last edited:

simonws

Aug 17, 2009
thanks for the track listing Noel. Great work. I have 2 copies of the tape. One is John Waddickers (from Pleasuredrome/Bowlers fame) and his is labelled 11th Oct 1990. Where as the other from diff mate is labelled 11th Oct 1991.

We all listened to it 100s times after club hours etc. But couldn't place it to either 90 or 91. But now I think more likely 90. Which ever its a belter!

I would be interested in learning how to improve quality and upload again if anybody knows the best way to do it.

Cheers all.:)

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
just right click on the download link in the podcast page and "save target as"

thanks for sharing this Simon, and welcome to the board

Noel track 4 = Life On Earth - Cant Give You Up

its the last track on ali whitehead private party mix from Oct 90
Fantastic tape :mad: :thumbsup: :eyebrow:

What mix of Life on Earth is this?

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
thanks for the track listing Noel. Great work. I have 2 copies of the tape. One is John Waddickers (from Pleasuredrome/Bowlers fame) and his is labelled 11th Oct 1990. Where as the other from diff mate is labelled 11th Oct 1991.

We all listened to it 100s times after club hours etc. But couldn't place it to either 90 or 91. But now I think more likely 90. Which ever its a belter!
It's 100% 1990. Yeah it's a great tape... unfortunately there aren't that many Parky\Hacienda tapes around from 1990 for some reason. 11 Oct '90 was a Thursday.. do you know if it's from the Hacienda or not?

The Nov '91 Hacienda tape on your site is from the 30th... http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/tracklists/88039-graeme-park-hacienda-30-nov-91-a.html
You can download here if you haven't got the A side... http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/file-sharing/92465-graeme-park-hacienda-30-11-91-a.html

What is that Hacienda Christmas 1991 tape? Do you have the other side? Sounds like Parky to me...

1. Gina Stewart 'Dance All Night'
2. Cookie Watkins 'I'm Attracted To You' (E-Smoove's Late Night Mix)
3. Simply Red 'Something Got Me Started' ..what mix? ..guessing (Hurley's House Remix)
4. Bananarama 'Trippin' On Your Love' (Silky's Seventies Dub)
5. Dread Flimstone And The Modern Tone Age Family 'From The Ghetto' ..either (Fully Radical) or (Bastone's Mix)
6. Cathy Dennis 'Everybody Move'
7. Alexander O'Neal 'What Is This Thing Called Love' ..what mix? Morales? Dee Reprise?
8. ??? - "keep on keeping on"
9. Ice T 'New Jack Hustler' (Stress Mix)
10. SOS Band 'Just Be Good To Me'
11. Mariah Carey 'Emotions' (C&C Club Mix)
12. ??? - know this from other set somewhere
13. Lisa Fischer 'Save Me' (Red Zone Dub)

simonws

Aug 17, 2009
11th Oct 1990 - I always thought that tape was a mix tape (made at home?) by Parky. (Not a hacienda recording.) Main reason being the tuneage starts perfectly on each side including needle meeting record sound. The mixes both perfectly fit within the 45 mins tape length too.

My mate D always thought it was a mix from Hacienda - so its up for debate(!)

Re: the christmas 91 tape. Yes I will record other side too and upload. Its labelled Christmas Hacienda 91 thats all we have. Am listening to other side now. its sweet (!) Will upload at weekend.

Thanks Noel for track listing on christmas tape also.

Cheers Simon

Newy

May 10, 2008
Huddersfield
Really superb mite get me back in gear to upload some more...Ive had PC nightmares recently and have almost certainly lost some Parks..ones Id not dropped yet too so cant ask to copy em back from you guys.....so these are nice

One....Newy

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
14 - Samuelle - So You Like What You See

Number 8 is Baby Ford or K-Klass I think, bah

There was a tour to the states summer 1990 iirc when they all cleared off for a month or so, possibly a reason why there is less tapes. I cant remember to be honest, I was probably down the road at Fennel St completely off my box

Cheers for the tape :thumbsup:

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Nice one on the id's lads :thumbsup:

11th Oct 1990 - I always thought that tape was a mix tape (made at home?) by Parky. (Not a hacienda recording.) Main reason being the tuneage starts perfectly on each side including needle meeting record sound. The mixes both perfectly fit within the 45 mins tape length too.
Well spotted... I think you are prob right. ;)

There was a tour to the states summer 1990 iirc when they all cleared off for a month or so, possibly a reason why there is less tapes. I cant remember to be honest, I was probably down the road at Fennel St completely off my box
Even still... there are far less 90's around compared to '89 '91 & '92 :(

shedwax

Sep 11, 2007
Quickly put together a tracklisting for Side 2 of the Christmas tape. Sounds very much like Parky. Good to hear a new one from '91. Good work :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1. Gina Stewart 'Dance All Night'
2. Cookie Watkins 'I'm Attracted To You' (E-Smoove's Late Night Mix)
3. Simply Red 'Something Got Me Started' ..what mix? ..guessing (Hurley's House Remix)
4. Bananarama 'Trippin' On Your Love' (Silky's Seventies Dub)
5. Dread Flimstone And The Modern Tone Age Family 'From The Ghetto' ..either (Fully Radical) or (Bastone's Mix)
6. Cathy Dennis 'Everybody Move'
7. Alexander O'Neal 'What Is This Thing Called Love' ..what mix? Morales? Dee Reprise?
8. ??? - "keep on keeping on"
9. Ice T 'New Jack Hustler' (Stress Mix)
10. SOS Band 'Just Be Good To Me'
11. Mariah Carey 'Emotions' (C&C Club Mix)
12. ??? - know this from other set somewhere
13. Lisa Fischer 'Save Me' (Red Zone Dub)

14. ???
15. ??? - "No more"
15. Red Follies 'We Will Survive'
16. Jeanne Harris 'Just Another Man' 1991 Mixes?
17. Arthur Baker And The Backbeat Disciples 'Let There Be Love' (Dee Love 12" Mix)
18. Blind Truth 'Why Can't We See'
19. Watanabe 'Odoru'
20. ??? Not Downtime - 'I Feel The Music' but uses the same sample
21. Ultra Nate 'Deeper Love (Missing You)' Strip or Hump Mix?
22. Ce Ce Peniston 'Finally'
23. Kym Sims 'Too Blind To See It'

Last edited:

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Added anything I know to Shedwax's B side listing...

14. ??? - same bassline as Disco Elements - Volume Two 'Get It Up'
15. ??? - "No more" Peech Boys Sample. Bassline from Salsoul Orchestra 'Ooh I Love It (Love Break)'
15. Red Follies 'We Will Survive'
16. Jeanne Harris 'Just Another Man' 1991 Mixes?
17. Arthur Baker And The Backbeat Disciples 'Let There Be Love' (Dee Love 12" Mix)
18. Blind Truth 'Why Can't We See'
19. Watanabe 'Odoru'
20. ??? - Downtime - 'I Feel The Music' Possibly the 'Cocorico Club Mix' rather than the 'Nove Nove Dub' played on 8th Feb 1992? Reckon your prob right... Geeky may know as he has the dub up on youtube
21. Ultra Nate 'Deeper Love (Missing You)' Basement Boys Mixes? It's v similar to the Full Vocal Mix but without the piano.. I suspect Strip or Hump Mix as it's not Hard Club or Hard Hump
22. Ce Ce Peniston 'Finally'
23. Kym Sims 'Too Blind To See It'

Last edited:

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Re: the christmas 91 tape. Yes I will record other side too and upload. Its labelled Christmas Hacienda 91 thats all we have. Am listening to other side now. its sweet (!) Will upload at weekend.
Cheers for uploading Simon. :thumbsup:

Where did you get this tape from? It appears to be a Roxy Music - Flesh And Blood album tape that someone has stamped 'Fac 51 The Hacienda Christmas 1991' onto! :S