F.p.i

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Fan-fuckin'tastic!!!! No other way to describe it!
The dugout pre bar was absolutely amazing, supergran and Plutes being the memorable sets in there

Barrie at the Acadamy.... What can i say? The guy obviously sweated buckets over that set list, and on the night it was mind blowing! the perfect lead in to the main event.

FPI. IT WENT RIGHT FUCKING OFF. Enough said. I looked round and there was NO ONE stood still!

Steve Vertigo, not a mind blowing set i thought, but steady and chugging and keeping in with the mood of the night, again the entire dancefloor was bang on it.

Ste Hux, soz mate but i had to sit your set out after bouncing round too much to FPI and Vertigo, I'd agrevated an Achilles tendon injury:(
It sounded good from the sidelines and the dancefloor looked alight.

Marianne (t'other 'alf) abso-fuckin-lutely loved it all, this was the first time shed seen a live PA, and it was a great time for her to meet up with our old friends and make lots of new ones, (Beaker Prescilla and Nics, she says hi! )

One teeny tiny critiscism and this is no way aimed at Ian...

THE FUCKING BAR PRICES! WHAT THE FUCK WAS ALL THAT ABOUT!!!
£2.05 for water and 6 fuckin quid for Vodka red bull. Lager was also extortionate.

10 out of 10 for Ians efforts :thumbsup: , 9 out of ten overall, cause of the rip off booze costs!

Tilly Tina Tunz

Feb 21, 2009
Madchester
Well U31 I fully agree with what you've said...

Bar prices were to be expected at a venue like that tho so I was fully prepared....

Ian & Lisa thankyou so much for the best night out of the year for me :love:

Great to see all the OSA crew too ..top atmosphere just like old times :D

Cant wait for the next one........

P.S Ian I lost my voddy backstage but I'm sure Emz & Roach enjoyed it ;)

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
Firstly, I must thank Ian and Lisa for the booking and their hospitality - you are both diamonds!

I thought we were in for special night and I think I was right. Even the FPI Project breaking down `somewhere` on the M6 did not stop it - Ian just went on a mission to find them even though nobody knew exactly where they where!

The pre party at the Dug Out was top - all the DJ`s played well and got the shennanigans off to an ace start. The crowd were up for it before getting to the Academy!

I must thank all those true party people that turned up and were genuinely up for it. You made all the blood sweat and tears that went into my set all worth while. It was good to meet so many new faces from OSA as well as those I have met before and to hide my brain deadness in remembering names I won`t even go there!!! You made the atmosphere and the night something special for me that I enjoyed immensely and will remember for a long time. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

The FPI Project had the roof off - happy smiling singing dancing arm-waving people everywhere. Not a bad attitude in sight. Superb - and very nice people as well.

Vertigo and Ste Huxley carried on and finished the night off in fine style.

To me this was an absolute privilege to be a part of. I was chuffed to bits.

The after party was something else too.

Thank you all once again for your part in creating a fantastic most memorable night.

Last edited:

kevp

Sep 20, 2006
ellesmere port
had a ball,was great to see everyone again(plus a few new peeps):cool:

all the dj`s were spot on, first time ever seen barry dj was suitably impressed with classy piano set :)

FPI class...nuff said :king:

big shouts to after party hosts for the entertainment all night...see yous soon ;)

heres to next one,see yers there ;)

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
:D Lisa & Ian....

Firstly thank you so much for thr best bloomin night Ive had in a proper long time!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thank you so much for your hospitality all weeken long! Sorry again that I had left before you guys had got out of bed this morning so couldnt thank you both in person!

I was hot, sweaty with dirty toes due to being on my feet and on the dance floor all night long!! I loved every single minute of it....

It was just like being back at hazy seeing everybody again for the first time in ages... Being in the Pool again this weekend I felt I guess that you could say... I had Old Skool come home!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seeing everybody again this weekend put so much joy back in my heart and made me realise a few things!! You know who you are!!!

The tunes and the atmosphere this weekend were unrivialled and I havnt seen or heard so many people say the exact same thing about a night out in this particular region for a long time... So Ian & Lisa congratulations to you both for such an acheivement as I know how bloomin stressful it all was for you!

S-J x :love:

P.S. Doctor Huxtable.... You did me and the Pigmy Wombat Shrew brigrade so proud this weekend... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
had a ball,was great to see everyone again(plus a few new peeps):cool:

all the dj`s were spot on, first time ever seen barry dj was suitably impressed with classy piano set :)

FPI class...nuff said :king:

big shouts to after party hosts for the entertainment all night...see yous soon ;)

heres to next one,see yers there ;)

You know hun, seeing your post here had just bloody reminded me about the team bonding session in the I know lets get you lost taxi drive home on Sat! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What an absolute crazy cab ride back ro Lisa and Ians so thanks to you and your lovely lady for sharing the madness with us!

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Oh, and the award for : most spangled Osser on the night :
Goes too... (drum rolls...........)

6733_121311803366_673523366_2534360_5723687_n.jpg

The complete madhead in the white T shirt!!!

(Bdummmm tish!!!!)

Kev , youre a fuckin legend n were all proud ta call you our mate!!!:D

kevp

Sep 20, 2006
ellesmere port
You know hun, seeing your post here had just bloody reminded me about the team bonding session in the I know lets get you lost taxi drive home on Sat! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What an absolute crazy cab ride back ro Lisa and Ians so thanks to you and your lovely lady for sharing the madness with us!

hahaha :$ dunno what hapened there,did tell the dozy fecker to go to the dock road not birkenhead park :confused: ah well we got there in the end ;) was ace catchin up with you again,been a very long time :love:

not even gonna mention the merseyrail ticket episode on the way there :cry:

shazza

VIP Silver Member
Nov 30, 2007
bootle liverpool
Well....what can I say??!!!
:crazy:
Oh what a night!!!!
Ian m8, hat off to you...and Smurf for supporting you, and all involved.:thumbsup:
And to all the great people that turned up and made the night such a success.:cool:
Me and Lee agreed was one of the best nights out for a long time! ;)
The Dugout was great...nice little warm up to the madness ahead.
Soooo great to see all my friends again and some new ones too :love:
Elvis...That fookin vid cam is a nightmare lol ...I look fookin twarted!! :fekked:
Special mention for Barrie Jay..Your set was awsome m8 :thumbsup:
F.P.I were great too, really up for gettin the crowd goin..:)

Thanks Ian..you make re living youth a bit easier xxxxxxxxxxx

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
Partied like it was 2009 :D - what I can remember of it.
I think I may have spiked myself with rohypnol :$

It all started with the best intentions. Went over to see Ian in his top shop Retro-Trax and picked out a couple of vinyls for my non-existent record player; cheers for the 6p carrier bag too. Chatted to Murfs and Mikee too.

Had some time to kill so went on the hunt for King Victoria
dvoeap.jpg

Got to the pre-bar pretty early and watched the parade of friends come in like it was This is your Life. Played Saturday night Swop-Shop with Mick, and slow motion high 5’s with Dave Meercat. SJ had me on glowbangle duty, once we had found the links. Priscilla wasn’t impressed with my fluorescent nose piercing.

I got an ickle bit twisted in the club. So much so I didn’t realise I had spilt brandy~coke down nearly every part of my top. I stayed oblivious to that fact till the morning after. Proper skanky tramp :cops:
I didn’t even make it to the dancefloor for FPI, though I do remember thinking they sounded really good from the top bar. :eek:
There’s pics of me that I don’t remember having been part of
I'm sure Mick said something to me, and I didn't even recognise who he was till a few mins later :fekked:
Funny thing is I do know I was still having the time of my life.. :D

But later on when I started re-inhabiting planet E. I do remember enjoying the pianothon dancing with just about everyone in the club. Especially all the sexy osa ladies.
Think I may even have managed some coherent words towards the end of the night; like goodbye
Please don’t ask me to rate the dj’s though as I’ve watched some of the vids with me on the dance-floor – and I don’t remember the trax being played. :$

Apologies to everyone in the car home when I lived up to my two nicknames PepeLePew and PeePeeLePew… eesh

Thanks to the guy who found my wallet and gave it to Sarah. Hope you had a great Birthday :thumbsup:

Many thanks to Ian and Murfs and all the DJs who did us all proud yet again. As Brock Landers said “Everyone was buzzing off everyone else”. Just like it should be I say. :cool:
I’d also like to say you can’t buy memories like these (however sketchy they are) – but you will be able to at the next Retro-Trax doo :thumbsup:

And thanks to my lovely Sarah for putting up with me running off from her when she was trying to get me to cool down. And generally wandering off dancing with randoms and friends alike. And driving home, whilst arthritis was locking her knee up :love:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
What a top night that was!!!:thumbsup:

Dugout was a good idea, top tunes and mellow vibes chattin with everyone.

Big respect to Ian 'The Scarlet Pimpernell' Kenyon:D for organising this night and having me play, top venue at the O2 indeed m8. Think I only saw you twice the whole night you busy bee!!

Shifted over to O2 at 11pm to hear Barrie warmin up, top set there. When FPI come on the atmos was ELECTRIC!!!:cool: Was well impressed and they did there newish track 'So everybody' as well which I really like.

Vertigo come on after FPI and carried on the night, played some awesome tunes.

I GOT MY ORIGINAL PRESS RICH IN PARADISE SIGNED BY FPI - YEAH BABY, CHEERS GUYS:love:

I got on last and my set went well but it got a bit quiet toward the end. Extra big respect to the people still dancin at the end nice one:wave:

Was wicked to see everyone out again. Me and Jo stayed at The Liner round the corner who upgraded us to executive suite for free and the room was awesome and they let us chill there til 1pm for free and delivered us breakfast for free:cool:

Was great to spend some quality time with Jo at the hotel after:gigolo: :king: :love:

Extra extra massive thanks to Jo for driving back when you was in a right state, thanks babe, your a star!!

Hope these nights go from strength to strength:cool:

Last edited:

alexbennett

Aug 11, 2005
Kidderminster
www.mixcloud.com
fpi

Congrats to ian and lisa for what looks like a fantastic night out ..

i am just sorry i could not make it to the night and espesh to the pre bar where i was ment to play..

nice 1 to ian for giving me the oportunity and i hope i can bring my tunes to liverpool again in the future.

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
What an amazing night:love: phones: :love:
Started out at the Dugout to find a frantic Ian on the phone to the FPI Project who had broke down somewhere???? on the M6:S So Si whisked Ian off on a hunt down the motorway whilst myself and Murfs tried to sort out tickets and other stuff whilst saying hello to everyone:wave: And my God was there a lot of you to say hello to:love: I was soooo happy to see some faces I hadn't seen in ages, some of you even years, you all made this night really speacial and the way you were all going for it in the prebar, I knew it would be a fab night:cool: Nice one to all the DJs in the Dugout, you had everyone rockingphones:
Onto the main event..FPI safely rescued and settled into the hotel I could then go and have a boogie..woooo! Loved Barrie J's, Vertigos and Ste Huxleys sets..they had everyone at the front going for it..nice one.

OMG..FPI..how fuckin good were they!!!! Risky..ooooh...:king:
They were absolutely brilliant and I didn't see one person sat down whilst they were on stage!! I was dripping in sweat and boppin my arse off at the front all night and everyone was just full of love and hugs...it was FAB!!

Thank you to everyone who came out to support this night, it really made me so so happy to see people I've not seen in ages, I don't want to mention any names coz I'll miss someone out..but I loves yas all:love:
Also lovely to meet some of the OSAers I'd not met before..your all fabulous:love:

The afterparty was amazingly funny as always..briiiiiiiiine!!! All who came, saw and conqured, you are amazing:king: I left with a massive bruise on my arse, a massive hangover/comedown, shares in a brine shop and more bruises from jumping on Vertigo for giving me a wedgie...so all in all..a typical afterprty at Lisa and Ians:mexican:

Ian and Murfs, well done for putting on the best night I've had theis year..and heres to many many more:love:

kevp

Sep 20, 2006
ellesmere port
What an amazing night:love: phones: :love:
Started out at the Dugout to find a frantic Ian on the phone to the FPI Project who had broke down somewhere???? on the M6:S So Si whisked Ian off on a hunt down the motorway whilst myself and Murfs tried to sort out tickets and other stuff whilst saying hello to everyone:wave: And my God was there a lot of you to say hello to:love: I was soooo happy to see some faces I hadn't seen in ages, some of you even years, you all made this night really speacial and the way you were all going for it in the prebar, I knew it would be a fab night:cool: Nice one to all the DJs in the Dugout, you had everyone rockingphones:
Onto the main event..FPI safely rescued and settled into the hotel I could then go and have a boogie..woooo! Loved Barrie J's, Vertigos and Ste Huxleys sets..they had everyone at the front going for it..nice one.

OMG..FPI..how fuckin good were they!!!! Risky..ooooh...:king:
They were absolutely brilliant and I didn't see one person sat down whilst they were on stage!! I was dripping in sweat and boppin my arse off at the front all night and everyone was just full of love and hugs...it was FAB!!

Thank you to everyone who came out to support this night, it really made me so so happy to see people I've not seen in ages, I don't want to mention any names coz I'll miss someone out..but I loves yas all:love:
Also lovely to meet some of the OSAers I'd not met before..your all fabulous:love:

The afterparty was amazingly funny as always..briiiiiiiiine!!! All who came, saw and conqured, you are amazing:king: I left with a massive bruise on my arse, a massive hangover/comedown, shares in a brine shop and more bruises from jumping on Vertigo for giving me a wedgie...so all in all..a typical afterprty at Lisa and Ians:mexican:

Ian and Murfs, well done for putting on the best night I've had theis year..and heres to many many more:love:

omfg...briiiiiine :D now thats a memory you just brought back,god i must of been wankered :cops: