JFK is leaving Passion Coalville

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Pieman

Jun 30, 2009
on't hill
A classic club that will miss him no doubt.:thumbsup: Latest News.... A message From JFK to:

THE DEDICATED FOLLOWERS OF PASSION

‘After nearly 15 years at the helm of one of the country’s leading super clubs it is time to play my last ‘one more’

Passion’s success has been an enigma, a one off, a freak. In all probability it never should have succeded. It is in the middle of nowhere, an ex mining town with everyone saying it will never work… its Coalville for Fucks sake…!!!

But the people who came proved them all wrong……and boy how wrong they were… The dedicated followers flocked from all over the UK and beyond to listen to the famous Passion roar… we were like Wimbledon in the premier league… defying the odds getting huge crowds with big named DJs clamouring to play sets and excite the crowd.

I remember the day I was told I had a residency at this unknown club in Coalville called Passion and jumping around my room in happiness.

I remember DJ’s being late and me jumping on the decks for just ten minutes because I couldn’t get enough and then having to reluctantly giving way when they arrived.

I remember Playing a tune at Passion and it felt like bonfire fire night.. I would sit back light the touch paper and watch it go off waiting for the roar that would follow.

I remember MTV and Clubavison at Passion, Radio One live, The crazy Passion logo tattoos, The party in the car park, The three way Armin-Ferry-JFK B2B!, my pint with Rob in the Engine, the Passion salute, so many memories that it would take too long to recount them all..…

But most of all I remember the clubbers… The dedicated followers of Passion who turned up week after week, month after month year after year fuelled up with supercharged atmosphere and endless amounts of love and energy, without them Passion would never have existed and with them Passion will live forever

But you know why we did it week after week…

We did it because we just wanted to party….
We did it because:
‘WE are the DEDICATED FOLLOWERS OF PASSION… ‘

I am just a Dedicated Follower just like all the rest of you…

But I got to choose the records…

I am the luckiest of them all.

If you want to share my memories of music and how I remember Passion from over the last 15 years, please join me for the last ‘One More’ at Passion on August 29th 2009.

Ask yourself, in years to come, where were you when JFK played his last ever record at Passion?

Passion will always be the place ‘where love lives’

COME ON PASSION!

PRESS STATEMENT
JFK and Passion to go separate ways!
JOINT OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM JFK AND PASSION!

After nearly 15 years of working together The Emporiums latest owners and JFK have decided to call time on their working relationship together and look for pastures new.

JFK has been the main resident and front man at Passion since its conception nearly 15 years ago and has been the brands promoter for almost the last 12 years.

Michael and Wendy Holland the clubs owner said ‘We would like to thank Jason for all his hard work and dedication he has shown whilst working with us since we took over in 2006, whilst we valued his services we feel that it is time for the club to move in a new direction and we will have a new team in place shortly who can take the mantle on to keep Passion close to its roots’

Jason Kinch (JFK) also commented: ‘I would like to take the opportunity of thanking the clubs current owners in helping me restore Passion to the top of the tree in the last few years, whilst I will obvious continue DJing and promoting elsewhere but under the circumstances I thought it best to call it a day at Passion and move forward, I wish them and the new Emporium promotions team good luck in future. I always envisaged going out at Passion with a bang and the current owners have been kind enough to let me have one last party to celebrate my time at Passion’

This decision has not been taken without a great deal of thought and has only been made in the last few weeks.

JFK ‘The Final’ JFK’s last ever set at Passion will take place at The Emporium on Aug 29th 2009.

Pieman

Jun 30, 2009
on't hill
TBH been loads over the last 13 or so years and never had any problems. How bizarre they won't let you in. Are you a bit dodgy Ent? lol:naughty:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Ahh, Passion :love: Used to practically live in the place from when it first opened in '95 up until when I stopped going - Millenium Eve was the last proper time.
Back in the early days they never really had big name DJ's, probably couldnt afford them or something, lol, but by heck did they not need them. That club had one of the best atmospheres in a club I've ever seen anywhere, ever. :love:
JFK used to be a good rezzie, in fact I used to rather listen to him play than the 'more famous' guests :thumbsup:

Used to be mint to be up on the balconys looking over to the crowd, & at the end, when the lights were up but the place just ignored it and carried on going nuts
club.gif

I've still got the video of the Clubavison night somewhere, lol :D

Amazing memories of the place, it was mint :love:

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
that place must have the strictest door policy ive tried 6 times to get in there and been told to do one everytime!

odd that mol, used to go there a lot, never even got questioned. wobble was the worst door policy i've ever seen, u didn't get in unless the girl on the door fancied u lol ;)

Ahh, Passion :love: Used to practically live in the place from when it first opened in '95 up until when I stopped going - Millenium Eve was the last proper time.
Back in the early days they never really had big name DJ's, probably couldnt afford them or something, lol, but by heck did they not need them. That club had one of the best atmospheres in a club I've ever seen anywhere, ever. :love:
JFK used to be a good rezzie, in fact I used to rather listen to him play than the 'more famous' guests :thumbsup:

Used to be mint to be up on the balconys looking over to the crowd, & at the end, when the lights were up but the place just ignored it and carried on going nuts
club.gif

I've still got the video of the Clubavison night somewhere, lol :D

Amazing memories of the place, it was mint :love:

aye amazing for a small town club weren't it teece, used to love walking out the back of the dance floor into that little chill out room and up the stairs, and suddenly u were ont balcony watching it go off, loved that place :love:

and ur right about jfk too, he was far better than the guest djs most weeks, always remember his signature line at the end of the nite:

"we've had ur money now fuck off" lol

a sad loss, end of an era :(

edit: u don't fancy upping that vid by any chance do u teece, would be nice to have a look :)

Last edited:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
odd that mol, used to go there a lot, never even got questioned. wobble was the worst door policy i've ever seen, u didn't get in unless the girl on the door fancied u lol ;)

aye amazing for a small town club weren't it teece, used to love walking out the back of the dance floor into that little chill out room and up the stairs, and suddenly u were ont balcony watching it go off, loved that place :love:

and ur right about jfk too, he was far better than the guest djs most weeks, always remember his signature line at the end of the nite:

"we've had ur money now fuck off" lol

a sad loss, end of an era :(

edit: u don't fancy upping that vid by any chance do u teece, would be nice to have a look :)

ahh the chillout room was legendary too... that big fuck-off massive bed that everyone just used to collapse and mong all over it, mad tangle of limbs lol
JFK always used to say too "its you lot who make this place. Not me. Not the DJ's. YOU lot" . :) Used to make me laugh in the early days when the mad fucker used to dress as a ringmaster lol.
The end of the night was always dead emotional there, for want of a better word. Thinking about the atmosphere there every week without fail , still makes the hairs stand up along the back of your neck. :love: Met a lot of good mates in there, and still close friends with them to this day.:love:

Actually Nups, I did up that clip to FB ages ago, probably long before I knew you on there though. Gotta go work in a min, but when I remember I will try to find it again for you, might have to trawl through my millions of my links or whatever though :crazy: lol
I've still got it tucked away on VHS somewhere too.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
ahh the chillout room was legendary too... that big fuck-off massive bed that everyone just used to collapse and mong all over it, mad tangle of limb lol
JFK always used to say too "its you lot who make this place. Not me. Not the DJ's. YOU lot" . :) Used to make me laugh in the early days when the mad fucker used to dress as a ringmaster lol.
The end of the night was always dead emotional there, for want of a better word. Thinking about the atmosphere there every week without fail , still makes the hairs stand up along the back of your neck. :love: Met a lot of good mates in there, and still close friends with them to this day.:love:

Actually Nups, I did up that clip to FB ages ago, probably long before I knew you on there though. Gotta go work in a min, but when I remember I will try to find it again for you, might have to trawl through my millions of my links or whatever though :crazy: lol
I've still got it tucked away on VHS somewhere too.
:thumbsup:

ah nice 1 thank u m8, i'll look forward to that :D :thumbsup:

i remember that bed too, used to lounge around on it a fair bit when i'd had 1 too many pills and was too spangled to move lol.

great club, all it needed was an all nite licence and it would have been perfect :thumbsup:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
On the actual vid i've got , i've got the Sundissential one too as Clubavision were there the night after Passion. As were we all us lot. They must've been doing deja vu double-takes seeing all the same faces again lol :D

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
On the actual vid i've got , i've got the Sundissential one too as Clubavision were there the night after Passion. As were we all us lot. They must've been doing deja vu double-takes seeing all the same faces again lol :D

sundissential too, u weren't stalking me by any chance were u :p ;)

mad place that, didn't know u liked the hard house m8, i went thru a bit of a phase there got quite a lot of it on vynil but no-one will let me play it these days lol :thumbsup:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
sundissential too, u weren't stalking me by any chance were u :p ;)

No, you were stalking me ;)
I liked the carnival atmosphere of the place and the oddballs you used to meet, and I used to love going out / getting wasted on Sundays, made you feel like you were squeezing the last drops out of the weekend that you could :D