Marriage Proposals

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Vickles

Jan 21, 2005
Butty's pub :D
A friend of mine recently got engaged. Her boyfriend didn’t put any effort in the actual proposal and no thought went into it at all. She was in the bedroom getting their little girl dressed and he walked in with a ring and said “there you go”. She was still over the moon cos she never in a million years thought he’d ever ask the question but of course, she was still a little disappointed.

Fellas – how did you ask your missus to marry you?

Ladies – how did your man ask you?

Not engaged – how do you imagine it to be?

i planned to ask lisa (murfso) when i hired the mersey ferry for a private doo called QUADRANT ARK , knew most of our mates would be there ;) so because she is from Belfast and im from Liverpool

i waited until we sailed out of the river mersey and Liverpool bay & into the irish sea half way between both our homes and i proposed on the dancefloor , only a few people knew i was gonna drop the question , no big fuss , no announcment on the mic just walked up and asked her , she said yeah :love: , then john kelly dropped "Cassanova" phones:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
My brother proposed to his missus on holiday, pretty standard circumstances as far as I know, but he chose the date to ask on what would have been our Grandparents Golden wedding anniversary which I thought was quite a nice touch :)
This was in '99 when they'd been going out for 3 years. They finally got married about 5 weeks ago :D Poor girl ended up waiting another 10 years :eek: Thats a pretty long engagement :D

Last edited:

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
I put the ring on the conveyor belt in the supermarket and asked when it got there.:p

Hahaah quality.

I want I waaaannnnt I WANT IT TO BE AMAZING! or else there will be trouble.

My cousin was proposed to at the top of the Empire State which was sweet.

Maybe the top of the Eiffel Tower would be more romantic. Or somewhere personally significant at that time.

And if they're not down on one knee it doesn't count! :moonie:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
At the top of Table Mountain - Cape Town - South Africa:love:

Clear blue sunshine sky, amazing views, just me and her, one knee, cap off, already checked with her dad before setting off.

"would you do me the honour of becoming my wife"

Her reply .. . .

"oh go on then, now put your cap back on or you'll burn your head".

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
to be honest i dont care how it happens as long as i know its for real and meant from the heart:love:

i think if you have this mental image in your head of how you picture the setting or how you want it to happen....then when it does happen you maybe dissapointed or on the other hand swept completely off your feet who knows???

i was proposed to on the eve of the millenium and to be honest it was a farce as it was very predictable....plus the said proposer was a complete wanker anyhooo, was completely bladdered, was hideously embarassed amongst my family......and the tool didnt even get me a ring:cops: the classic line from him was.....dont worry ill get yuo one from argos in the sale:moonie:

to be honest i dont care how it happens as long as i know its for real and meant from the heart:love:

i think if you have this mental image in your head of how you picture the setting or how you want it to happen....then when it does happen you maybe dissapointed or on the other hand swept completely off your feet who knows???

i was proposed to on the eve of the millenium and to be honest it was a farce as it was very predictable....plus the said proposer was a complete wanker anyhooo, was completely bladdered, was hideously embarassed amongst my family......and the tool didnt even get me a ring:cops: the classic line from him was.....dont worry ill get yuo one from argos in the sale:moonie:

love comes to those that wait and arent looking for it ;)

lucky ratners was closed or he wouldve been getting u a ring from there :|

Ians proposal was beautiful as it was between liverpool and ireland :love: :love: i knew from the minute i met ian at hazys that we would end up getting together hes my soul mate :love: most of the time ;)

i knew from the minute i met ian at hazys that we would end up getting together hes my soul mate :love: most of the time ;)

I feel like that now with the guy im with (kieran). If he were to propose one day...I know he'd make a massive effort-he's like that. so however it happens-i know it'd be great...

I don't really have an idea of how i'd like it to be...(appart from a fit ring and the down on one knee thing)

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
:rolleyes:

Thats very true...

and lol he sounds like a right focker :rolleyes:

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
I totally agree with you Nics .. Lucky escape there girlfriend:cool: Stes got it all in order lol. After an indepth random waffle one night I mentioned i used to watch michael jackson moon walk over an over and used to be facinated when I saw people out ' doing it' ....lol .. Anyway my fellas got the mooooves an is gonna moonwalk over when he pops the question. He will have me in stitches no doubt an it will be a proper love boat moment as he's a dead bad cheesey romantic on the sly
:king::love:

I totally agree with you Nics .. Lucky escape there girlfriend:cool: Stes got it all in order lol. After an indepth random waffle one night I mentioned i used to watch michael jackson moon walk over an over and used to be facinated when I saw people out ' doing it' ....lol .. Anyway my fellas got the mooooves an is gonna moonwalk over when he pops the question. He will have me in stitches no doubt an it will be a proper love boat moment as he's a dead bad cheesey romantic on the sly

ian does the moonwalk for me but only on special occasions ;) its been our comedy from the first nite we got together i was just reading ur post and pmsl said to ian about the post and he said lol he read it aswell :thumbsup:

big up the moonwalk crew :p

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
I asked my wife to marry me at the Trevi Fountain in Rome, got down on one knee and everything, seemed like a good spot. Had the ring with me all holiday just waiting for the right time

Tell you what though, them flower sellers piss you right off, Im there on one knee, and they steamed over. They got a bit confused because I didnt know the Italian for "Piss off ya bellends"

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member

:wave::wave::wave:Jo hun.... Love this!!!

Do me a favour, give Me, Dannst and Helen a shout so we can be stood there chanting.... "Go Doctor, Go Doctor... Go!!!" :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I cannot think of a better lady for him to propose too.... :love::love::love:

Doc... Pull yer funchin finger out!!! ;);););)

Love ya both very much!!

S-J x

hahahaha! made me chuckle good n proper tht! not the best bro in law to have :| neithers a scouser either!

il be lucky if any1 takes pity on me n asks me :( lol