Anthemia, Leek 17th July

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

woody

Got there nice and early and got soaked in the torrential downpours lol Whilst Teece and Nics dried off in front of the oldskool fireplace with real fire:cool: i took myself to the bar for a pre-set bevvy or 5 :pixie:
Nick, Deb and Chris then showed up and got everything going with an eclectic mix of tuneage including perfect motion which ive not heard out for a while:cool:

It was slower to fill up than previous events due to the weather but by half nine they started to arrive and as my 2nd tune kicked in a few bodies made a frantic dash to the dancefloor and started throwing some shapes:cool: I nearly knocked a girl over though, in mad rush to go for a wee, before the next tune needed to be mixed in lol :axe:

It took me a good few tunes to get used to the sound and the delay, and made me wish i'd picked a few easier mixes to start me off lol but once i'd sussed it and/or was more pissed, i started nailing a few classic woody mixes, hack one - SLD, Last Rhythm with the colonel etc and the dance floor was getting busier as the night went on:king:
I was very grateful to Chris for letting me stay on for another half hour, I only wish i had brought some more tunes, even though i had brought about 12 extra tunes "just incase" already haha :D Thinking on my feet though I flipped the Kariya booty over and played The Ritchie Rich you used to salsa which got possibly the best reaction of the set lol

Handed over then to Nick and Chris who played a mish mash of classics from 88-92 with the odd exceptions:p and a few cheddartastic cheeseys thrown in, which to be fair went down really well lol :head: with everyone singing at the top of their voices :D

Got off shortly before the end and was that pissed, from spending less than 20 quid too lol (that'll teach me for having no tea :naughty: ) I was really rough the next day and had to voluntarily make myself spew with the ol' bulimia tactics:| :eek: :( I did feel miles better after that though:D

Nice to see Michie & Billy as always:cool: Almost didnt recognise you with hair Billy:D and lol @ what i can only presume is a stokie greeting.. a forceful cheek butt eh Michie :rofl:

Big thanks to Nick, Chris & Deb for having me on to play, :thumbsup: I really enjoyed playing without the usual stress of hoping people turn up, and trying to make sure everything goes smoothly:cool:

Edit: Upped a re-recorded version of my mix from the night here

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Michie

VIP Silver Member
Jul 5, 2007
Stoke
Nice to see Michie & Billy as always:cool: Almost didnt recognise you with hair Billy:D and lol @ what i can only presume is a stokie greeting.. a forceful cheek butt eh Michie :rofl:

I was being nice to you Woody...its normally a head butt lol:D :D :D
Really good to see you lot again, will have to make a proper night of it next time, had an early start the next day and im a bit of a party pooper when im driving :$