Anthemia 80s nite

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Got there slightly later than first anticipated, partly because we got lost in Leek and were wandering round in circles for ages. :axe: :D

Finally spotted it and strolled in, peering beyond the entrance and remarking "Well, it looks pretty busy anyway..."
Few steps more, and into what can only be described as a wall of heat and a seething mass of bodies everywhere you looked, all completely and utterly 'avin it!! :D
Really busy, top friendly vibe, and everyone with no inhibitions whatsoever just going nuts on the dancefloor, and off the dancefloor too :banana:

Plenty of peeps had made the effort to come dressed in 80's gear too which was funny and a nice touch to add to the night :cool: :thumbsup:

You know when you walk into a place to the strains of 'Geno' by Dexys Midnight Runners, follwed by The Jam's 'A town called Malice' you're onto a winner :D :cool: The place was going nuts, almost like they were on 80's invisible pogo sticks :jumpin:
Even '9-5' by Dolly Parton got an airing! :D :cool:

Quite a cool little venue too, had plenty of seating for the oldies to rest :D and even had a big fridge by the door so you could keep your drink cool when you went outside for a breather or smokers to smoke, as you couldnt take them outside :thumbsup:
But :shocked: the heat inside was unbelievable! That bouncing crowd certainly generated some warmth :D My hair almost instantly frizzed up a la Slash, just like it does on holiday :crazy: :fekked: lol

It made such a refreshing change, not often I get to go to an 80's night and it was a right buzz :alcohol: Really helped cheer me up after a proper shitty day :thumbsup:

Give it a whirl people, well worth it :thumbsup:

and everyone was really chatty and friendly too

Cheers Nick and Deb :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Michie

VIP Silver Member
Jul 5, 2007
Stoke
Gutted that we missed this one as we were really looking forward to it,but something came up last minute and we weren't able to come. Glad that it was as sucssessful as the last. Cant wait for the next, will most def be there xx