hardcore uproar (lancashire hotpot mix)demo

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

parky

Sep 14, 2007
lancaster
a freind asked me to have a bash of a remix on the all time rave classic "hardcore uproar"

this isnt finished yet but just thought i would upload a demo for a gander

i am working on a longer mix with some piano going on. but it was doing my head in getting it just right.
so this is the short mix without it.

my friend said she wants to hear some paino, but i'm not sure on the idea
i dont want it sounding too much the same at the original.

early days but im open to ideas on how you would rub some funk on it, if you boys and girls did it?
hardcore uproar(lancashire hotpotmix).mp3

Last edited:

DjKezz

Jun 6, 2008
Manchester
Yes Yes your tune will be gettin played this saturday at the redrooms and again at retrograde, propper buzzing for ya, ill let you know how the crowd responds ill try and film it 4 you if i can.... Big Upz Parky...& THANKZ :mad:

zot

May 8, 2005
Plymouth, U.K
Nice late 91 early 92 feel about it...keep up the good work mate :thumbsup:

Also, would be interesting to here some piano thrown in, mabye a vocal sample if you can find just the right one ;)

Myk

Really nice work mate. As for improving on it, well, the only thing that stands out as a bit "off" to me is the bass beats. There are parts where the track becomes to light and needs either a bass line adding or the drum pattern altering to one with a stronger bass drum. For example, at 0.55 the pattern has a strong bass but at 1.10 the pattern being used is void of bass and could do with some beef adding.

All in all I enjoyed it and look forward to hearing it again if and when you add any more to it. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

:gigolo: Myk :gigolo:

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
Wicked remix this mate, quality work :thumbsup: I'll agree that a 'thump' is needed in parts but i'd leave out a piano line as i think that would just make it sound like ya mixin in another track. A breakdown to really thin the sound, maybe take the 1st note and just loop it with a gap to bring it into some strings, then build it back up to crash back into the main again as a suggestion ;)

Great work :cool:

parky

Sep 14, 2007
lancaster
nice one people
yeah i was thinking the same as candy man. the piano would be too much the same as the original.

and it does need more punch and beefing up like myk said
i noticed it sounded very tinny in the car :$
but i find that a tinny sound can give it that authentic old skool sound
some of the old tracks wasnt mastered that well.cheap productions

it also dont help that my studio amp got wreaked so i cannt use my good speakers at the moment and just using crappy little things. which isnt good

i will add to it in future ,but for now i'm messing with some other stuff

that reminds me . i need an amp lol

Last edited: