Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
depends what you mean by "the earth", but i use these and they're sweet:

Ortofon Concorde DJ S Cartridge & Styli £ 61.66 - www.djsuperstore.co.uk

they're a fairly old model but they're still good enough for most purposes, and they good news is they don't cost as much as they used to :D

yeah theyre nice but im trying to get away from the concord style got those at the mo :thumbsup: id like some technics headshell or similar and a decent stylus but theres a few to chose from n im not well up on this kinda stuff :thumbsup:

Damo if u see this what are those u have, me liked them ones :thumbsup:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
no reason they just see a bit more sturdy lol :$ and i like the look of them better :p stanton 500s means nothing to me lol told ya im new to this game :S

Stanton 500's are just the bog standard cartridge you saw on every record shop turntable. They fix to the technics Head shell.

To be honest though as long as your needles and carts produce a reasonable sound, I would suggest keeping your cash in your wallet mate. In my experience, unless you are scratching, it makes little difference.

Those Pickerings I linked are a great buy though.:thumbsup:

DAMO 72

Aug 11, 2004
giggletown
Ey up Debs,them u saw were shure m44-7. ngreat output and as long as you set the counter balance n headshell in the right position last for ages. htfr.com do a decent price.
D;)

Entropy92

Aug 8, 2001
Stoke
fucked both my stylee last weekend :crazy: and just bagged a pair of those you recommended Rad off ebay, fingers crossed theyre alright, theyre deffo cheap enough :thumbsup: