Reply@The Wave,Fleetwood 20/7/02

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

mikey

Jan 15, 2002
Replay@The Wave,Fleetwood 20/7/02

First night for us with this one,went down a storm with 99.9% of peeps there on the night.
I think a lot of people thought they knew what to expect,with the theme being retro/oldskool,but i personally think there were a few surprises regarding DJ sets/tunes on the night.
As for the DJ's themselves,none could be faulted really,but then i would say that wouldn't i...:spin: :phones: :spin:

DJ's:Barrie Jay,Keith Capstick,Mikey O'Hare

Keith Capstick played a blinding set,first time i've heard him play out,but those of you who know him from Zone@Maximes will be aware of his talent....wouldn't you drop 'KC Element-Going on' while you had 'em all on the floor.???? :phones:
For those of you who had the chance to go to Zone in the early 90's,you'll be aware of Barrie Jay being the resident.He was behind Saturday night and, 'surprise surprise',played a set very similar to the ones he played back in the day...awesome!! To hear one belter after the other played by Barrie himself was something else.Too many big tunes to pick the biggest but 'Collapse-My love' was...erm...quite effective :guitar:
I'm not gonna review my own set but i was fairly pleased with the result,nuff said.:dummy: I ain't gonna tell you my big tunes though...oh no...:naughty:
The night has the go ahead for the first Saturday of every month from September (7th) to December,i'll post more info in the events section soon.
For those that went...cheers v. much!
For those that didn't...you can make up for it on Sept.7th.
You wanna hear oldskool you don't hear every week ??
See you there!
mikey :guitar:

Last edited:

VinylAnimal

Jul 18, 2001
West Yorkshire
mikey said:
I ain't gonna tell you my big tunes though...oh no...:naughty:

Lolol I reckon I could get pretty close to guessing the big boys ;)

mikey said:
For those that didn't...you can make up for it on Sept.7th

Try fukkin stopping me lol :D

I have no doubt at all music was 110% but what was atmosphere like (any nobheads ??) What's the venue like ?? Is there a dress code or can I wear me dungarees hehehehe

Nice one mate glad it went well ;)

mikey

Jan 15, 2002
sorry for missing out some info:
the night was nob-head free,but i think the policy was generally "no nob-heads or ming-pieces" so none of you peepsters would have any trouble getting in :love: ...and VA could have teased us all by getting on one in those lurvely dungarees :fekked:

the actual venue itself is mint! i think it's only been built recently i.e. last few years.like i said above,there was no real dress code,a lot of people foned up asking if jeans & trainers was ok...and it was :phones:
over & out!
mikey :guitar:

Great Night

Mikey was right when he said there were no Knobheads

A lot of the peeps that went were old regulars from Bowlers and the Zone in the early years

Me Linda, Funki B, Phil , Keith and Mikey had a great laugh on the night.

The actual club is small but modern with 2 massive fans (And i mean massive) blowing cool air inside.

I cant dance but i spent a lot of the night on the big dance platforms!!

I was waiting for Mikey drop Soulmasters he was saving it for the end of the night and we had to go cos of the baby (Bastard!!!!! lol)

Me and Linda are deffo going to the next nights coming up

Alan & Linda

www.backtotheoldzone.co.uk

PS Mikey give us the detailed info and ill put it on the Zone site