Discogs waster. Can anyone beat this?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Loooong story but here goes:

August 4th 2007. I put some rare tunes up for sale on Discogs. They were pitched significantly below what the tune had recently sold for according to eBay and 'Ogs. Still a lot of money tbh but that's what they were fetching. A guy messaged me almost immediately and wanted to buy two of them, but wanted to pay in installments over three weeks (his suggestion). I agreed, but said I wouldn't send the records until they were paid for. I gave him a discount on the asking price, and agreed to include the postage to the USA at no extra cost (so I could send registered and avoid Paypal chargebacks)

He paid one of the installments on 10th August. He then sent me a message on 23rd August saying he had lost his job but would be making payment as soon as poss. I then got a third message on 14th September saying he was sorry for the delay and hadn't forgotten. I had my own shit to deal with as my Dad had just died and my Mum was having chemo so I just let it slide. Meanwhile his negs were building up for the other stuff he had bought but not paid for. 17 of 'em :eek:

Fast forward. It's 7th May 2008, and guess what? Out of the blue he's paid another installment. He's half way there now, it's only taken him 9 bloody months. I sent him a message through Discogs thanking him for the payment, just the other half to pay now, and made a semi-jokey comment that I hoped it wouldn't be another six months to pay the rest.

Well it wasn't six months...it was nine.

5th February 2009. Not a payment this time, but this message:

Hi Mike,

It's me again contacting you after yet another lengthy amount of time without any word regarding this order. With that, the remaining amount is ready to be made should you a)still have them and b)you want to sell them to me after all this time still hehe :) Before I send it too, however, I would like to be reassured that both titles are as described-i.e., in NM-M condition both cosmetically and audibly speaking (especially xxxx ). So, if possible, listen to them again on your tables and get back to me. Thanks.

Hope to Hear from You Soon ;)

xxxxx(name removed)

BTW
The only reason why I ask about the condition of xxxx is because I already own several copies of which all have some sort of defect ranging from clicks and pops in the intros and soft passages to others so...I just want to be reassured as 150 is very rich!

Now my piss is well and truly boiling :mad: The tunes are as I described them, I haven't even played them since the day he 'bought' them as I considered them sold. What he's getting at here is something that we've all noticed over the last year or so - a general drop in value of house music vinyl. The tunes he ordered can now be had for about half what he originally ordered them at.

So I sent this:

Dude,

18 months. That's how long this has been dragging on now. 18 fucking months. It has to be a record in terms of a transaction involving two bloody records. Judging from your feedback, which is a contender for being the worst on the site, you've been active on Discogs since and bought other stuff, and not paid for a good many of them either. I'm a patient man but this is, as we say in England, taking the piss!

I do still have the records, and they are as I advertised them. I've held them for you for eighteen months, I haven't even played them. I could have sold them God knows how many times over by now. The market has taken something of a downturn recently but at the time of advertising you snapped them up eagerly, despite not having the money to pay for them. When you asked to pay by installments, I didn't think you meant bi-annually!!

I think I've been more than fair. I'm waiting for you to 'do the right thing' and honour the agreement. I'll keep my end of the bargain, assuming I haven't died of old age by the time you finish paying for them.

Kind regards,

Mike.

I just had to get that off my chest, sorry it's been a bit long winded. Can anyone top this?

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
That is mad! Cheeky beggar. Tempting to not even send the tunes even if paid, good luck m8:cool:

I bought a Nintendo DS for Chrimb for my little un, well before chrimb I paid for it, (which is good for me lol), never got it, after about 2 weeks after msg her and she didnt answer, so after a few msgs opened up a pp dispute, saying to her well you have not replied etc etc, hoping that she would reply and get her fkin shit together. Hey guess what??? No reply. well it got right before chrimb, and I msgd her and said, you could at least give me a bullshit excuse as to why its not been sent, after all youve had a pp dispute open on you for ages. Then I went onto say that, its my little girls chrimb prez and you have proper let me down. And that she shouldnt be selling etc.

Next day I get a msg, saying that the item has gone OK!!! She said, 'Listen I deal with people who have been raped and there is worse things goin on in the world than a nintendo ds for you little girl!!'

:S

Its a jungle out there:cops:

That is mad! Cheeky beggar. Tempting to not even send the tunes even if paid, good luck m8:cool:

I bought a Nintendo DS for Chrimb for my little un, well before chrimb I paid for it, (which is good for me lol), never got it, after about 2 weeks after msg her and she didnt answer, so after a few msgs opened up a pp dispute, saying to her well you have not replied etc etc, hoping that she would reply and get her fkin shit together. Hey guess what??? No reply. well it got right before chrimb, and I msgd her and said, you could at least give me a bullshit excuse as to why its not been sent, after all youve had a pp dispute open on you for ages. Then I went onto say that, its my little girls chrimb prez and you have proper let me down. And that she shouldnt be selling etc.

Next day I get a msg, saying that the item has gone OK!!! She said, 'Listen I deal with people who have been raped and there is worse things goin on in the world than a nintendo ds for you little girl!!'

:S

Its a jungle out there:cops:

Lazy people piss me off :mad: At least when you're relying on them for something, they can get on with being lazy if it doesn't affect me I suppose! Did you ever get the DS, and did it arrive in time for Xmas?

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Lazy people piss me off :mad: At least when you're relying on them for something, they can get on with being lazy if it doesn't affect me I suppose! Did you ever get the DS, and did it arrive in time for Xmas?

It got here just in time thank fk. More fool me for tryna grab a bargain. You think to yourself, 'Why dont I just buy one for twice the price at HMV-Zavvi-Tesco-Etc etc:S

Puts the oomph out of selling m8, hope you get sorted n less pecked:fekked:

Aug 10, 2005
Blackburn
Can't beat that mixter but I thought this discogs message was cheeky as fuck! :mad:

2 brothers on the 4th floor- never alone
sent by huupia to (me) on 04-Feb-09 06:40 AM
hi, i saw you searched for this record.

i'm willing to sell the mp3 version .

interested?, let me know.

grtzzz huupia

Cheeky sod! I wouldn't mind but its only 2 euros anyway :S I replied telling him to feck off lol

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Keep delaying sending the tunes until after the PayPal dispute can no longer be raised and make the fucker sweat for them tunes :LOL:

What a twat eh :crazy:

Keep delaying sending the tunes until after the PayPal dispute can no longer be raised and make the fucker sweat for them tunes :LOL:

What a twat eh :crazy:

Tempting! ;) You just couldn't make this shit up, some people just take the piss. He didn't have too many negs when he first 'bought' the tunes but he's got loads now, he must have done similar tricks to other sellers - bet none of them waited 18 months! He's paid for them though, I am going to send them, and I bet he complains about some aspect when he gets them - I've had positive comments about every single tune I've ever sold (hundreds) but I can smell trouble here. He wants them sent to a different address to the Paypal listed one, which I've told him point blank I ain't doing - not giving him the opportunity for a chargeback.

Lol Sy :D I reckon if i took my time...say, 18 months or so, I may find both of them on the cheap :eek:

stethomas

Sep 1, 2003
manchester
This Is So Funny

Personally, I would not send the records until after the 30 day PayPal dispute thing had closed just to avoid the possibility of him filing for one.

Riski business... which reminds me, I still haven't had my record off DjSemTex :mad:

Buzz

Nov 7, 2005
Not far from Tesco's
Tell him that you forgot that you lent them to your Nan a while ago and she's awfully shakey when she puts the needle to the record, but you will give them a right good cleaning over for him :p

STUART

Jul 27, 2002
Birmingham
a Russian bought 40 records from me on ogs then asked how much the parcel would cost even though shipping costs are displayed and due to a big order i even discounted then he left neg feedback for all within 1 hour of purchasing.