Sasha live @ Warehouse Leeds nye 91-92

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

65 mat

Jan 4, 2009
Barnsley
Haven't heard that one before...another one of Sasha's better sets I would say! Cheers bud!!!:thumbsup:

Never went to a Kaos night at the Warehouse...only when it hosted Back to Basics...brilliant venue!

Chris Martin

Nov 9, 2007
Haven't heard that one before...another one of Sasha's better sets I would say! Cheers bud!!!:thumbsup:

Never went to a Kaos night at the Warehouse...only when it hosted Back to Basics...brilliant venue!

Back II Basics was never held at the Warehouse. :naughty:

65 mat

Jan 4, 2009
Barnsley
Yes you are right! mmmm....the old memory isn't what it used to be. It was Vague which was held at the Warehouse (which I never went to)...I think? Back to Basics was at the Music Factory wasn't it? .....yes it's all coming back now....Back to Basics became Mint at the Mint club and Hard Times had moved from the Bell Air in Huddersfield to the Nato in Leeds. Am I right chaps? Please help me with my amnesia!

Chris Martin

Nov 9, 2007
Kaos was at The Warehouse, then it morphed into Soak. Then Soak became Up Yer Ronson and they were both at the Music Factory, then Soak Up yer Ronson moved to the Pleasure Rooms formerly The Gallery. Back II Basics was at Music Factory then moved about a bit (I lost track here)it finally found a new home at The Mint Club and is now at My House (not literally!!) formerly The Peephouse.
Vague started life at High-Flyers then moved to the Warehouse where it stayed till it died off. And the Hard Times bit is right!

:thumbsup:

Chris Martin

Nov 9, 2007
By the way there's just been a KAOS reunion in Leeds and UP Yer Ronson is starting up again (Monthly) with all the old DJ's. There's gonna be another KAOS reunion soon, a very special one so I'm told. Check the groups on Facebook for more info. :thumbsup:

Newy

May 10, 2008
Huddersfield
Sorry fellas Hard Times also went to the music factory first then ended up at Nato...Then they went back to Huddersfield and finally to Space in Leeds...:spin:

Chumley

Aug 26, 2003
Sheffield
Kaos was at The Warehouse, then it morphed into Soak.

Must admit I thought that, but I've been reliably informed that Kaos was Fridays and Soak was Saturdays, at least for a time. Can't honestly remember cause my visits to Leeds, frequent as they were, depended on what was happening in Sheffield. I didn't start visiting regularly until UYR and B2B were both running at the Music Factory, when it was just easier to stay in Leeds all weekend :king: Pretty sure Soak was only monthly once UYR started :confused:

For years, I only had one Sasha tape, which had 45 mins of the 8 Feb 91 Shelleys mix on one side and 45 mins of this on the other (from Octave One to Overweight Pooch and then E-Lustrious through to the start of TC1991). It was always the one that got played on the way to big does like Vision, Fantazia etc etc and often first out the box when we got back home and wanted to unwind.

Amazing to think I only got the full mix over ten years later, and I still listen to it about once a month.

Ain't this site brilliant?

samui03

Jul 21, 2008
Kaos started off at Ricky's in the late eighties. As it got bigger it started doing bigger venues such as the Leeds Poly, West Indian Centre, Bradford Uni and Leeds Uni. During 90-91 it had monthly events at The Warehouse which tended to be on a Tuesday night (best ones I ever went to). I think it was during 91 when Soak started. Again I think they were midweekers at The Warehouse on a monthly basis which then evolved in to the big do's at The Corn Exchange. Kaos ceased around 1992, then UYR kicked off it's weekly thing at Music Factory. I remember the promoter Tony starting a night in Mirfield on a Saturday night during 1994. It didn't last long as I recall, but cant remember what he called it.

I went to the Kaos reunion before Xmas. What a top night. Think there is another one in the pipeline!!

Newy

May 10, 2008
Huddersfield
The night in Mirfield was called Squeeze,I remember they did a 2 club special with Park and Whitehead at Mirfield whilst Sasha and Healy at Music Factory...to cut a long story after chatting bolloxed to Tony Hannon(top geezer) he agreed to get me into the Leeds venue to see Sasha,me and a mate had to follow his BMW 3series in my Nova SR,we pulled into Birch services and in the passenger seat was Parky,we laughed as Tony came out with about 6 milkshakes n loadsa doughnuts.By now we were totally buzzing and off we set me screwing the knackers of the SR(Canary yellow) trying to keep up wit them.When we got to Leeds we were duely let in...believe me Ive dined out on this one for years and still lol;)

65 mat

Jan 4, 2009
Barnsley
The strangest things happen at service stations. I can remember one night when we were on our way home from Mirfield , we decided to call in at Woolley Edge services to get a drink and some zizlas. The 4 of us got out of the car to go and get served and who are we stood behind at the counter? Bobby Ball! My mate was over the moon " hey Bobby..saw you and Tommy at the Winter Gardens in 1983 (or something) ..,loved it!" We were all off our trolleys and Bobby must have thought that we had dropped out of the sky! We all shuck his hand and the we went on our separate ways. He was driving a green Calibre of all bloody cars! It was the icing on the cake to another great night out Hard Times!:D

jackz

Jul 17, 2009
Leeds warehouse was a year or so too young to go into that but my older sibs went to it. and hearing tales from there always suprisingly fascinated me.

Cheers for the tape rip, btw where was the warehouse location?