Wetherspoons 99p pint

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
:rofl: Aye, probably mate:p

I'm planning on cutting out my binge drinking too, so i'm not gonna save as much when I go out now:naughty:

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!
On NYE at around 6pm, I accidently ended up in Weatherspoons in Fallowfield and stayed there for 3 hours and ended up consuming more alcohol in there than I think I did the entire NYE!! Havent been in a Weatherspoons for ages so forgot how bloody cheap it was....and now 99p a pint:D !!! Credit crunch my arse :moonie: :p

ps: Binge drinking is bad kids......mmkay;)

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
...and if they can afford to sell pints for 99p then how badly are you getting ripped off everywhere else?

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!
...and if they can afford to sell pints for 99p then how badly are you getting ripped off everywhere else?

Great point! The government and the papers are bashing them for encouraging binge drinking. But are they just trying to divert from the fact that most other businesses are seriously screwing us over on a daily basis? Weatherspoons have been going for years and are one of the few businesses that arent facing bankrupcy, so they're obviously still making large profits! I'm just worried that it will affect the smaller businesses though as I doubt they can afford to drop their prices so drastically :(

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Weatherspoons have been going for years and are one of the few businesses that arent facing bankrupcy, so they're obviously still making large profits!

Aye, they must have been sensible and kept a bit set aside for a rainy day. How the frig that other businesses like Woolworths can have decades and decades of growth and profit, and then run out of cash virtually over night is beyond me. :crazy:

Back to the drinks prices though. I was in a hotel in Birmingham a few weeks ago and paid £4.70 for a bottle of Corona. Now I'm not being funny, but how the fuck can they justify that? Seriously.

Cinemas are twats as well, although I know it's only soft drinks. When I was working at Britvic, the going rate for an average punter for one of those 10 litre post mix boxes was around 50-60 quid. Odeon and Warner Village (or whatever it's called now) got them for less than a tenner. And keep in mind that a 10 litre box makes around 60 litres of drink... :S

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
The smaller independant licensee cant drop their prices cus they aint big chains but end of the day they have to charge what the breweries tell them too :thumbsup: were still getting screwed tho esp in clubs in city centers :(

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
aint been for a while

The only problem I have with wetherspoons or withers is the noise of the people talking might sound mad but it gets on me tits after an hr. I could listen to music all night loud as fook but there is somit about the drone noise of alot of people talking at the same time that drives me kah kah..

On the other hand 99p a pint takes me back to going the local social club for a cheap bevy and a laugh with the local loons early sat morn when ya still off ya box from night before. Most of them are now closing due to smoking ban ive never smoked but I have noticed nearly all the local boozers are on there way out because of it.
I feel sorry for the old geezers who just wanna put a bet on and have a bevy with there mates on the saturday and watch the races and have a few stinky rollies aka fags lol...

The best thing about the wetherspoons used to be the mixed grill but ive noticed over time they have got smaller and smaller and that just aint no good for ones with a fat neck like meself who like big arse troffs of food..

LETS HOPE THEY BRING BACK BIGGER BETTER MEALS WITH BIG CHEAP BEERS SO I CAN GET TO MY IDEAL ITS A KNOCK OUT SUPERSIZE ME SIZE ;) ;) ;)

Attachments

• wetherspoons.jpg
    wetherspoons.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 3,727
  • dummy.jpg
    dummy.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 8,065