Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
Thought now my ears had stopped bleeding i would do a review :D

Got to the venue at 1045 expecting it to be dead and not really warmed up yet, could not have been more wrong!

The place was rocking from the word go. It was good that with pre booked tickets you could just walk in saving having to queue which was big!

Im not sure how the first djs lined up but i cant remeber a bad tune.

Stu Allen played his staple non hardcore set ie Dana Dawson and bits and pieces- would have like a few harder tunes but the crowd loved it.

I think it was recca then not sure but as i said all the djs played top tunes.

My favouite set was Moggy's its the first time i have been to see him and i thought he played some nice gems and was a bit harder in respect of tuneage.

Good friendly crowd - but my only negative bits would be that place was rammed- and it was bloody hot hot hot which is not the main issue- it was just hard to find room to move at times. As far as seeing some OSA heads i only met Bong fiend ( top geezer) but i failed to see any other peeps which was a shame- think i was to busy busting some moves :cops:

Thanks for a top night BBDD- Tip of the day dont stand in front of the main speakers for 4 hours it hurts :crazy:

Ive got a few piccys which ill add on later. :king:

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
As promised random piccys from a top night :cool:

Attachments

• DSC01447.JPG
    DSC01447.JPG
    656.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC01448.JPG
    DSC01448.JPG
    734.9 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC01449.JPG
    DSC01449.JPG
    646.8 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC01450.JPG
    DSC01450.JPG
    663.6 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC01451.JPG
    DSC01451.JPG
    649.1 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC01453.JPG
    DSC01453.JPG
    787.6 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC01454.JPG
    DSC01454.JPG
    691.8 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC01455.JPG
    DSC01455.JPG
    681 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC01456.JPG
    DSC01456.JPG
    675.3 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC01457.JPG
    DSC01457.JPG
    706.1 KB · Views: 162

TimO

Sep 22, 2006
p.s thx for your review wayne very constructive and a true account, heat issue will be sorted out for next month(but come on it is suppposed to be a rave)

ull have me putting hair straightners in the bog next! :D

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
Good shout on the fans for next month Tim. Skinny lads like me can't afford to sweat that much in case we waste away. :mexican: :redneck:

T'was a bit too packed (didn't seem to bother anybody mind) but managed to find a good pitch & tunes were spot on all night!

Roll on the next one :roll: :roll: :roll:

Last edited:

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
thanks to tim for having us on :thumbsup:

enjoyed playing there , i started off a bit easy going like but had to pick the pace up quicker than i thought i would as the club filled up in around 15 minutes :D i played a mixture of stuff and it all went down well from what i could see

crowd was well up for it from the off , always good to see that :thumbsup:

shouts to all you lot that came out :king: , never seen you tho wayne or grimmy was you both in disguise ? :D

ive been to JB's quite a few times and i have never seen it that full :cool: hence why it was so hot , some fans would help it i reckon for next time , but i would defo draw the line at hair straighteners :D

i dont have any pics form the night bu i think tracy does so will check and get them up if so

:cool:

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
p.s thx for your review wayne very constructive and a true account, heat issue will be sorted out for next month(but come on it is suppposed to be a rave)

ull have me putting hair straightners in the bog next! :D

No probs mate ; like i said a top night was had and will definatley be coming back :cool: :thumbsup:

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
thanks to tim for having us on :thumbsup:

enjoyed playing there , i started off a bit easy going like but had to pick the pace up quicker than i thought i would as the club filled up in around 15 minutes :D i played a mixture of stuff and it all went down well from what i could see

crowd was well up for it from the off , always good to see that :thumbsup:

shouts to all you lot that came out :king: , never seen you tho wayne or grimmy was you both in disguise ? :D

ive been to JB's quite a few times and i have never seen it that full :cool: hence why it was so hot , some fans would help it i reckon for next time , but i would defo draw the line at hair straighteners :D

i dont have any pics form the night bu i think tracy does so will check and get them up if so

:cool:

I was too busy throwing my shapes out ;) Will no doubt see you at IMH :thumbsup: