Looking for a sasha witney mix

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

teflon

Jun 25, 2008
I need help with something.

I've been trying to find a particular mix tape by sasha only i ccant remeber the exact event details. I think it was from the Eclipse in Coventry dated 1990/91. It has a particular mix on it. It had a witney accapella over leftfields not forgotten. This was an awesome tape which I had but one of my m8s nicked it and i'm trying to find out what the event was called so i can buy the tape / download it again. I think it had Sahsa on one side and mickey Finn on the other (or was it sasha / Grooverider ??). Can anybody help ?

Any information on this event / tape /tracklisting is greatly appreciated.

Elate

May 6, 2008
Sounds more like something Daz Willot would do as I seem to remember him having a thing for dropping acca's over not forgotten. Then again I may be wrong:D

teflon

Jun 25, 2008
I Think I've found it ??

Can anybodym if this is the one.

heres the track listsing :-

DJ Sasha / Mickey Finn @ Heaven Amnesia House (Eclipse) Coventry 5-4-91 + MC Man Parris

Trigger - Wisdom (Target Records)
1. The Jamms - Its Grimm Up North
2. Mato Grosso - Neverland
3. Leftfield - Not Forgotten vs Whiney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (accapella)
4. Trilogy - Love Me Forever (Dub of Doom mix) "loving you is my intention"
5. Bizzare Inc - Playing With Knives
6. Brothers In Rhythm - Such a Good Feeling
7. Sub Sub - Spaceface
8. Hashim - Al-Naafiysh (the soul)
9. Collapse - My Love
10. Rozalla - Faith in the power of love
11. Shawn Christopher - Another Sleepless Night
12. Marathon - Movin
13. Alison Limerick - Where Love Lives
14. Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman
15. Indie - Appollonia
16. FPI Project - Everybody (All Over The World)

Mickey Finns set
17. N-Joi - Anthem (Remix)

Side 2

1. N-Joi - Anthem (Remix) (cont)
2. Neon - Don't Mess With This Beat
3. ??? "were gonna have a party here"
4. Friends Of Mathew - Out There
5. Bug Khan & The Plastic Jam - Made In 2 Mins
5. Ya Ya's - Looove (Quadrophonia Mix)
6. "dont you want some more" accapella dropped in
7. Congress - 40 Miles (Inst)
8. Carl Cox - Let The Bass Kick (white label) "lets do it"
9. Rebel MC - Wickedest Sound (Don Gorgon Soundclash Mix)
10. Panic - Voices Of Energy II (O-Zone)
11. N-Joi - Malfunction
12. Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm (cover version / mix?)
13. The Untouchables - Take A Chance
14. 4 Hero - No Sleep Raver
15. DJ K - Everybody To The Sound "dance u got the chance"
16. Sonic Experience - Protein (Strictly Underground)
17. Bitin Back - Shes Breaking Up (by Mikey Finn) "6 million dollar man"
"dont u want some more" (accapella)

Duke

i dont know if its the 1 as im shit at chooon id's ,,, i av got the set ur on about ,, i can send it u if u need it ,,, plus paul john off here did a set of it ,so its clear wid no mc ,, its spot on all the chooonz r in order n mixed in the rite place ,,,,let me know if u want it :cool: :thumbsup:

teflon

Jun 25, 2008
Ed, It's definatley not that one. I dont recognise any of pez's tunes but thankyou very much for taking the time to look 4 me :thumbsup: .

I've spoken to a m8 and he has confirmed it's defo Sasha Mickey Finn.

Duke.. Could i take you up on your kind offer and get a copy of that set you have please ? :) :thumbsup:

If it is the one ill be buzzin'

Just thinking about it takes me way back to the good old dayz !

Presuming Ed

Ed, It's definatley not that one. I dont recognise any of pez's tunes but thankyou very much for taking the time to look 4 me :thumbsup: .

Duke.. Could i take you up on your kind offer and get a copy of that set you have please ? :) :thumbsup:

No probs fella! Glad you found what you were after. Ed

Duke

no probs m8,, i'll do it this afternoon when i get home
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

teflon

Jun 25, 2008
Thank you Ed and Duke and everybody else for all your time and help on this.

I've searched every"Fuc***g"Where trying to source this tape and you guys come up with the answer straight away. AWESOME SITE :thumbsup:

Ill rapidshare all the tapes and mp3's i have and send the links. You never know there maybe summink there for ya all and it b nice 2 give summink back.

P.S where you guys from ? Im in birmingham in the UK. Used to go to a lot of raves back in the day. Getting old now (35) and just cant keep up anymore but i still love to listen to the old sets in the car

Fame to claim was i was on a fantasia video. I think it was a Donington. I was standing next to the Big Dragon wearing a "dennis the menace" hat my m8 designed for me. It had a BIG E on the top of it with hardcore written on the back and pics of dennis the menace holding pills on the side.

Was out of it that night LOL :roll:

Cheers again lads.

geeselad

May 25, 2007
Sounds more like something Daz Willot would do as I seem to remember him having a thing for dropping acca's over not forgotten. Then again I may be wrong:D

Yeah really badly, this mix was so sasha no one else did it! Dj sonny used to do taylor Dayne over leftfeild though

geeselad

May 25, 2007
sasha used this mix from feb 91 onwards, it was massive at shelly's, his biggest tune of the night, we whent mental when he first played it, its on loads of shelly's/ eclipse tapes, twas his trademark mix at the time, and he even used it up till 92, i him playing it at new years 92 in leeds. I believe he had this cut onto a dub plate that was nicked with loads of his tunes in march 91 when he did some gigs in Japan so the story goes.

Duke

Thank you Ed and Duke and everybody else for all your time and help on this.

I've searched every"Fuc***g"Where trying to source this tape and you guys come up with the answer straight away. AWESOME SITE :thumbsup:

Ill rapidshare all the tapes and mp3's i have and send the links. You never know there maybe summink there for ya all and it b nice 2 give summink back.

P.S where you guys from ? Im in birmingham in the UK. Used to go to a lot of raves back in the day. Getting old now (35) and just cant keep up anymore but i still love to listen to the old sets in the car

Fame to claim was i was on a fantasia video. I think it was a Donington. I was standing next to the Big Dragon wearing a "dennis the menace" hat my m8 designed for me. It had a BIG E on the top of it with hardcore written on the back and pics of dennis the menace holding pills on the side.

Was out of it that night LOL :roll:

Cheers again lads.

im from sunny smethwick ,,

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
I had a Sasha tape from the Park Hall nightclub in Chorley 1991 with the Whitney/Leftfield mix on,from memory it also had Sweet Mercy -Take me away on too

tag:thumbsup:

boba71

Jul 6, 2008
im from sunny smethwick ,,

Hi Duke,

any chance of getting a copy of this as well? This was one of my favourite mix tapes of all time but foolishly lent it and never saw it again! To be honest I think I was there the night he played this but it's so long ago and was so out of it I can't remember!

Cheers,

Boba

woody

lol :D I remember all the "mass-debate" about that acca mix. In my opinion it sounds a right load of toss and thats from someone who digs pellas...
If he'd bothered to take a split second to stop the acca and put it in at the correct places it would have sounded a million times better. As demonstrated in that thread by ILP if im not mistaken:thumbsup: not actually re-read it

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/music-chat/70371-accapellas-over-tunes.html