All Ways Acid 14th June 2008

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
D

Deleted member 9841

Just to add my bit about an amazing night, the set by butty and cano was as good as anything ive heard in a long time. Not just your usual big classics but a bit of everything mixed together pefectly for an appreciative and up for it crowd(who by the way were proper mental:D )

Thanks to dave and helen for a great night, sorry we didnt get to say thanks but we didnt know who you were until after. When you have another one we'll be there:thumbsup:
Also me and mich were gutted we didnt get to say hi to blue jammer and crystal and get to hear any of his set, we didnt know you were on in there:(

And last but not least, the bbq. What an absolute pisser, i havent laughed that much in ages, so sonz, butty, cano, alan, pepe and sarah big up yourselves and cheers for a top weekend:D :D :D :D :D

p.s if your thinking of having your car pimped dont forget to go to kens garage in rochdale:D ;)

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
Lets try a review now…

Met up with Butty, Sonz, Cano and Alan on the campsite and helped them get their brekky around 3pm. You may be surprised to find out that Butty and Sonz were no longer an item at this point
16itao6.jpg

Not really.
121q4aw.jpg

Butty was being a true gent and took his dippy eggs out of my line of sight; thus removing himself from my line of projectile vomit

Got down to the shindig at 10 - its that bloody gull again
bdte79.jpg

and thought the place would be rocking, but Koola had tumbleweeds blowing through it with no one serving beer, and me and Sarah not sussuing how to get in to Chy bar. We did an about turn and went back out to meet Silky, who promptly told us what he would do to Butty and Cano if one of them didn’t play his record… He recommended Walkabout whilst waiting for things to liven up. Which was more fun than its Manchester counterpart.
Went back at 11 and still Koola was dead. But now the internal door to Chy bar was open and we strolled through to fully appreciate the live funk band, not Sarahs bag, but I thought it was well cool, and such a refreshing change; they and had a lot of people boogying. I thought one or two songs were a bit too ambitious/beyond their abilities.

The posse turned up with about 2 minutes to go before they were due on stage (or thereabouts). Koola bar was now rocking, and as Jammer says it was reminiscent of a Megadog, only with more surfers than smellies. I intended to stay at this room which had a way cool thick foggy smoke machine. But it sends Sarahs asthma in to overdrive so we could only manage a couple of tracks at a time.
2luewxc.jpg

But boy did Scott catch me coming up with perfect timing dropping Outlander – Vamp >> who’s that twat on the podium??
hrk5t5.jpg

I stayed down in the Chy bar from then on in. And whilst normally I’d be anal about not enjoying post 91 tunes, the quality B2B mixing shenanigans of Cano and Butty was as sumptuous as Cornish cream tea. Everyone there was having a ball. Pity it had to end so early….

To be continued

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
And last but not least, the bbq. What an absolute pisser, i havent laughed that much in ages, so sonz, butty, cano, alan, pepe and sarah big up yourselves and cheers for a top weekend:D :D :D :D :D

p.s if your thinking of having your car pimped dont forget to go to kens garage in rochdale:D ;)
How good was it!!?? Such a good time had by all!! Pimp my ride uk, with Westwood & his mate ken from rochdale!! :rofl:

I stayed down in the Chy bar from then on in. And whilst normally I’d be anal about not enjoying post 91 tunes, the quality B2B mixing shenanigans of Cano and Butty was as sumptuous as Cornish cream tea. Everyone there was having a ball. Pity it had to end so early….

To be continued
hahahahaha, what a quote!! :D

Glad to see the chingwagging picture of me & helen & the one of me fooked..... really fooked! :D

x

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
sorry for the late review not been around for a while like

right 1st of all thanks to dave and helen for sorting it all out :thumbsup:

never thought we was gonna make it on the friday lol , our flight was due to take off at 5:25 and we was still stuck in traffic at 5:10 :| rang the airport up and our flight had been delayed by 30 minutes so due to take off at 5:55 still they said that check in had closed and we probably would not make the flight :axe: so we thought we may as well try and make it all of us thinking that there was no way lol

anyways we pulled up at the airport at 5:30 and me and sonia giving it the linford christies to the check in desk , and there was a woman still there on the desk so we explained the situation to her and bless her boots she said ok go get your bags and ill check you in , so off we go again linford style back to the car for butty , alan and the bags , gets back at the check in desk and starts to check in , then al says my car my car i cant leave it there as it will get towed away :condom: the woman says well if you leave now im not checking you in :| als like yeah fuck to that im not leaving my car there and off he goes linford style to park his car up

we all get checked in and al aint back :crazy: so the womans like right you three ive gotta get you through security now as the plane takes off in 10 minutes :axe: , so i played the old well im not leaving als case there on its own card , so she comes back to put the case in a secure place (we are well pushing our luck by now) :p and like a flash al comes flying through the doors and bless her she checks him in :D

gets through the doors and towards security and some of the staff are like are you the newquay 4 :rofl: opening up barriers and what not haha we well should have been on a episode of airport :D:cool:

so off we go on our way to newquay :jet:

not been to newquay in years and i must say what a lovely place it is with nice people :king:

had a great weekend and a fantastic saturday night , was a bit dubious of what to expect but the crowd and club was top notch , really enjoyed the b2b with butty , and was very drunk once we had finished :pixie::D

shouts to scott , debs , dan and bro , pepe & sarah and nice to meet mixster , michie & billy :king:

thanks again to dave and helen for sorting a super smashing great weekend away :cool::cool::cool::cool: