Server issues n' subscriptions...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

*M*A*R*C*U*S*

Aug 9, 2007
Near on all web sites provide their content for free & then restrict access to ‘features’ to their paying subscribers – I honestly think that if a lot of folk simply took a minute to think about just how much time they spend on here, for free, & also think about how this site networks with others, such as tuneid, which folk then use to hop onto discogs (& go rape & pilage lol – how much do some of you spend on your tunes each month eh???), & truly appreciate the all encompassing service that’s provided, & what else it enables, then they should really sign up for Gold member status immediately. It’s 2 quid. YES, 2 QUID – that’s all.

Think what you can buy for 2 quid, or more to the point, what you can’t but these days… Not even a pint in the pub, or 10 cigs, just those everyday things that lots of folk take for granted - & how many tabs do some folk smoke a month, how many pints are downed… how much do you spend on those simple things whilst surfing this site each month or listening to the radio or downloading mixes for free etc… That same 2 quid doesn’t even pay for the postage of 1 of those records that you’d never ever otherwise find out what they were if not for this site & it’s sister sites! Think about it…

Butty’s as open as can be – has said what the site costs - & God only knows what a head-ache it is when it does go down & need sorting – & that’s his own time, given gratis to sort it all out, & the cost of the service provider also to take into account… Fair play to you Butty, n’ everyone else involved too, I whatever your capicity, you all do a sterling job! :thumbsup:

Make the archives subscription only – think about other sections too…restrict access to more parts of the site – see if a few more ‘regular visitors’ don’t just sign up when they realise the service you’ve gratioyusly providing for nothing has been taken away (in part.)
May sound harsh, but come on… Seriously – is 2 quid really gonna break the bank – surely not for lots of folk?

Keep up the good work Butty – nice to be back on line – hi all – n get signin’ up for what is a most modest & minimal subscription in my humble opinion.

:D

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
You can get an E for less than 2quid nowadays-lol. But their shit :)

No, am only jesting :)

Its a good idea and a good way of looking at it too :thumbsup:

toxic2

May 5, 2008
I was afraid because I thought osa was finished.
greetings from Italy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
.........Vittorio,Oldskooler from Bologna!.............