Viva la Vinyl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Sounds good:thumbsup:

Seems like records are being phased out in HMV now though and Voxpop's vanished from it's usual place in Manc:S Has it moved or shut down I wonder?:|

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Sounds good:thumbsup:

Seems like records are being phased out in HMV now though and Voxpop's vanished from it's usual place in Manc:S Has it moved or shut down I wonder?:|
It had moved from the downstairs job to round the corner on the same street but further down the road from that record shop "Revival". That was a while ago though - I take it it's disappeared from it's new position since then.

Shame if it's disappeared completely - great shop.

dodgymix

im not sure whats happened to vox pops sum1 on here will now tho ;) good little shop as well that :(

its still there...

(last wednesday anyway lol)

seems the music has gone totally up someones "you know what"

The house selection is limited to Acid house/classics only and the prices are hilariously expensive, bargain bin (no one wanters) for £15/20+

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Sounds like the last time I saw it :thumbsup:

Wonder how I managed to miss it then:$ looked like a new cafe had replaced the cafe and record bit. All the records had gone and the front was all painted dark brown:S

Lol Where did you see it dodgy?

DAMO 72

Aug 11, 2004
giggletown
vox pop pah! gone to the dogs, gone are the days when i used to walk out of there with a shit load of tunes all of different genres for a fookin bargain. however if your a ponsy arse student and wanna buy into the vintage sports wear( for vintage read ripped off a skanky tramp lol) trend and drink over priced coffee then knock yerself out like. bollox!
Damo.;)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Haha yeah mate, I went in one weekend and the bins were full of normal priced records and the stock had halved. Thought the coffee shop wasn't a bad idea until I noticed them bins gone:| WTF:S

dodgymix

Sounds like the last time I saw it :thumbsup:

Wonder how I managed to miss it then:$ looked like a new cafe had replaced the cafe and record bit. All the records had gone and the front was all painted dark brown:S

Lol Where did you see it dodgy?

its in there lol, its up some steps on right hand side

I wouldn't bother mind, I wish I could remember which tune they had for £30 I'd still be laughing if I could remember

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast

Great article. Long live vinyl.

The reason HMV and co are running down on vinyl stocks is that so they can fit more CD/alternate stock in making them more money. And it's also down to the shop buyers. I used to know the guy (a fellow DJ)who did the buying for HMV Manchester around 5-7 years back and around that time they had amazing stock of dance vinyl. When he left it was amazing to see how quickly it went downhill.

No surprise there then to see that Piccadilly, Fat City and the like are doing really well and long may they continue. Great shops.

Slightly off the subject but Fopp has re-opened in Manchester. Great shop for picking stuff up cheap. :D