Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
I'm not a scouser . . . but I am a red.

I think the way affairs are been conducted is pathetic and not the Liverpool way at all. . . .not that Hicks and gillette would know that!

That answer your question Mate?

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Carragher's been on the radio this morning requesting that the club "stop washing their dirty linen in public". Fair comment.

I reckon "Laurel and Hardy" are playing mind games here. Also on the radio this morning is news that there has been a massive backlash against Hicks and Gillette for what they did. It isn't the Liverpool way and people are voicing their disgruntlement.

I can can see another Glazer type situation here if we're not careful. :(

grover

Jun 5, 2003
Klinsmann decides to keep well away from the circus :p

e5746circus11.jpg

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
well... reportedly conspiring to replace ole Rafa back in November & now coming out & admiting it knowing that such an admission would only undermine yer mans position / confidence within the club...

ok heres what i know ................ as reported back in november when results whern't going that well and we where in danger of being dumped out of the champions league our american owners gillette and hicks made contact with jurgen klinsmenn about whether or not he would be interested in becoming liverpool manager if the opportunity arose .....

a lot of this had to do with rafa benitez speaking candidly and openly about the differences of opinion regarding the transfer market in this country specifically about the javier masherano deal ( or lack of it ) .............

with regards to the stadium move , well i aint got a clue what is happening there and i dont think many people do ..................

if you want my personal opinion as to why this story has come out now ........
well i think someone in the national press had got wind of it so gillette and hicks decided give the liverpool echo the story .......

for those of you who may be interested and dont know , the cheif sports writer for the liverpool echo chris bascombe ( a self confessed liverpool fan)has recently sold his soul to the devil and now writes for the sunday sun and has broke "exclusives" about rafa in the rag recently , so my guess is gillette and hicks went through tony barrett (the sports writer now) to keep the story as true as possible ...........

it is well known through out the american community that getting an interview out of our owners is like getting blood from a stone and maybe this is the reason that some sneaky barsteward recorded them speaking at a ex players dinner recently and then gave quotes to the newspapers ..........

none of this situation sits comfortbly with me but the fact they have just santioned a club record sighning for a defender may go some way to quosh the speculation ......

hope that helps shooms :thumbsup:

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
the liverpool way has gone now, the new owners are doing it their way and theres not much anyone can do about it. Nitemare.

but everytime i think of hicks and gillette it reminds me of these two schemers from trading places!. :(

Attachments

• Trading-Places--C10045389.jpg
    Trading-Places--C10045389.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 62

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
the liverpool way has gone now, the new owners are doing it their way and theres not much anyone can do about it. Nitemare.

but everytime i think of hicks and gillette it reminds me of these two schemers from trading places!. :(

so you think what has stood for over 100 years can be abolished in 1 year ????? .. its not so long fc united was formed and there was marching in the streets ....... and guess what , its all been forgotten about now they are on top again ........( not fc united , just the speculation and headliness )

and if you think there is nothing anyone can do about it , well your sadly mistaken ........

and by the way i hope people have just watched match of the day , cos hansen has just echoed my previous post .......

the liverpool way has gone ......... :S

do a bit of homework on the fellas , its not all good but it aint all bad either

Last edited:

woody

so you think what has stood for over 100 years can be abolished in 1 year ????? .. its not so long fc united was formed and there was marching in the streets ....... and guess what , its all been forgotten about now they are on top again ........

has it fuck been forgotten about! theres loads of former season ticket holders that havent been since, and LUHG stickers on practically every lampost in town. The problem with United is that theres millions of twats with too much money from all round the globe willing to pay the inflated prices and hence still selling 70 odd thousand every game, despite people who have gave up their ST and not bought nike/vodafone/united things since the day it was announced. Of course there are others who love United more than life itself and spend all their cash following them home and away who probably always will, but the day they decide they cant afford it, theres always another 100 who can and will:cops:

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
has it fuck been forgotten about! theres loads of former season ticket holders that havent been since, and LUHG stickers on practically every lampost in town. The problem with United is that theres millions of twats with too much money from all round the globe willing to pay the inflated prices and hence still selling 70 odd thousand every game, despite people who have gave up their ST and not bought nike/vodafone/united things since the day it was announced. Of course there are others who love United more than life itself and spend all their cash following them home and away who probably always will, but the day they decide they cant afford it, theres always another 100 who can and will:cops:

erm read my post properly woody ... the edit was b4 you posted

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
lol you must have edited it while i was posting laa:moonie: defo didnt say that before :D

it didnt mate , but i got on to my mistake pretty sharpish and edited accordingly ....... i know quite a few fc united boys and know it hasnt been forgot about ;)

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
the liverpool way has gone ......... :S

do a bit of homework on the fellas , its not all good but it aint all bad either

not saying its all bad, things have gotta move on, but the liverpool way was keepin dramas etc all inhouse, none of this airing it in public shite thats no good for anyone. Fair play if ur story about them gettin it to the echo before the big tabloids is true, but this whole scenario still wouldnt have happened if moores was still in charge would it? everything was kept inhouse, no rockin the boat etc. Thats all i meant fella.

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Its a shit show and I'd like to punch Hicks in his fat Texan face.

I want him out. He' a **** of the highest order.

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
care to comment on the cowardly way your football clubs board of management is conducting themselves ? :cops: :naughty:

IMHO I think its just the media stirring things up as per:rolleyes:
If there was a chance Rafa was going to leave last year and they did approach Klinsmen..surely thats just called succession planning??
I know if a key manager in our business was about to leave, we would be scoping out potential replacements.
Rafas done well with us.. made some choices I don't agree with but I want him to stay and by the sounds of it..the problems between him and the yanks has settled a bit more..so leave him to get on with running the club stupid dickfaced media:thumbsup: