Stone Island is officially DEAD

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
It's been on it's arse for a few years but after seeing a GRANDAD in Asda yesterday (look - I'm not proud, it was Sunday & Waitrose was closed) proudly sporting a market stall best arm patched jumper that was the final nail.

SI has sadly gone the way of Lacoste, Burberry & Aquascutum... a once legendary Terrace Classic now the prefered choice of label for council scum. Anyone wearing SI these days needs to have a serious word with themselves. :|

CP Co however is still smart.... except for the fuckin snide Mille Miglia jackets :naughty:

That is all.

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
It's been on it's arse for a few years but after seeing a GRANDAD in Asda yesterday (look - I'm not proud, it was Sunday & Waitrose was closed) proudly sporting a market stall best arm patched jumper that was the final nail.

SI has sadly gone the way of Lacoste, Burberry & Aquascutum... a once legendary Terrace Classic now the prefered choice of label for council scum. Anyone wearing SI these days needs to have a serious word with themselves. :|

CP Co however is still smart.... except for the fuckin snide Mille Miglia jackets :naughty:

That is all.

That is so bang on - been a SI fan for years and very disappointed with the obvious market tat with the badge sewn on the arm that has gained popularity in the last few years

These real nasty, badly designed, cheaply made knitwear and jackets - so obviously not SI have taken it down into the gutter

CP Company still rocks it though

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
me n m had this exact conversation on sat after shopping preston - we went into originals and all the stone island stuff was on sale but still ridiculously priced :| , tbh its had a bad rep round my way for a long time now and kinda gotta chavesque image attatched to it. i sure as wouldnt pay the kinda money they ask for the gear anyway :naughty:

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
Its still alright up north, I still wear it, its just a shame theres a canny few fakes like. People can tell just by lookin if its real or not anyway

Attachments

• DSC00629.jpg
    DSC00629.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 2,064
  • dsc00630__570_x_760_.jpg
    dsc00630__570_x_760_.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,880
  • dsc00633__760_x_570_.jpg
    dsc00633__760_x_570_.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 13,683

marchwiel

May 23, 2003
Newcastle
funnily enough I saw a early 50ish bloke in stone wash jeans, white socks and balck shoes wearing the worst SI copy this morning as I went to work. I thought to myself then that things have gone down hill.

I SI has sadly gone the way of Lacoste, Burberry & Aquascutum... a once legendary Terrace Classic now the prefered choice of label for council scum. Anyone wearing SI these days needs to have a serious word with themselves. :|
I have to say that I still wear it a bit, but quite often without the badge on, because I still like the jumpers.

I CP Co however is still smart.... except for the fuckin snide Mille Miglia jackets :naughty:

That is all.
CP still good, I have always liked Mille Miglia though (I still mourn my sadly departed MM which died by having a pissed Irish bloke grab it while falling in
Corbieres (I think :$, I was drunk also).:cry:

funnily enough I saw a early 50ish bloke in stone wash jeans, white socks and balck shoes wearing the worst SI copy this morning as I went to work. I thought to myself then that things have gone down hill.

lol class :D did he have a tash n all ?

I have to say that I still wear it a bit, but quite often without the badge on, because I still like the jumpers.

I've got a right smart metallic blue washed jumper but haven't worn for years - might dig it out without the patch (assuming I can still fit into the fucker)

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
stone island has been dead for 10 years

good call :thumbsup:

Owned my first coat the season Liverpool beat Swindon Town 5 or 6 nil on Swindons debut in the premier league 94 ish but aint sported one for at least 8 years .... i guess its all down to the individual ........ went a bit reefer jacket and desert boots ala paul weller after that and now, well ill wear any old shite lol :thumbsup:

did get a nice 3 in one john rocha number for this winter , no fuss , no badges and really smart in my opinion .... and at half the price ... well you cant apple crumble ;)

tell you one thing though ... i just dont get those goggle things in those cp jackets :S

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
good call :thumbsup:

Owned my first coat the season Liverpool beat Swindon Town 5 or 6 nil on Swindons debut in the premier league 94 ish but aint sported one for at least 8 years .... i guess its all down to the individual ........ went a bit reefer jacket and desert boots ala paul weller after that and now, well ill wear any old shite lol :thumbsup:

tell you one thing though ... i just dont get those goggle things in those cp jackets :S

I had one when i was 18, not had one since. have had a few pairs of jeans since then though
anyone with a cp jacket with goggles in needs their heads testing

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
I had one when i was 18, not had one since. have had a few pairs of jeans since then though
anyone with a cp jacket with goggles in needs their heads testing

tell you what easty , funny you mentioned the jeans cos i had a pair of canvassy navy coloured jeans by them and i swear they where the worst jeans ive ever owned .. all the colour went after about 10 washes and at £110 a pair i was seriuosly ripped .. never had the denims , wouldnt take the risk ... levis all the way for me ;)

Warren maybe this will explain the cp mille miglia jacket out in 88 89 to celebrate the great italian race

Attachments

• dscf7224bk5.jpg
    dscf7224bk5.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,349
  • dscf7226vt6.jpg
    dscf7226vt6.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,730
  • coat4608pz1.jpg
    coat4608pz1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,330
  • coat4401ol7.jpg
    coat4401ol7.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,266
  • dscf7225sb8.jpg
    dscf7225sb8.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,227
  • zaino1fa1.jpg
    zaino1fa1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,321

That'll be the Mille Miglia... can understand why they were designed like that... was in homage to the Mille Miglia race (thousand mile motor race...) open topped race cars meant the race drivers eyes needed protecting...

As for the the alternative use down on the terraces LOL

000.gif

Oooooh you're hard.... :dummy:

/edit LOL alan & his quickfire fingers beat me

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
tell you what easty , funny you mentioned the jeans cos i had a pair of canvassy navy coloured jeans by them and i swear they where the worst jeans ive ever owned .. all the colour went after about 10 washes and at £110 a pair i was seriuosly ripped .. never had the denims , wouldnt take the risk ... levis all the way for me ;)

I only wear levis now

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
Warren maybe this will explain the cp mille miglia jacket out in 88 89 to celebrate the great italian race

alan , i know where it comes from mate , ive been around the block ;)

but why someone would want to wear one in the street puzzles me ... maybe its a scouse thing but im pretty sure no one who i go the game with would ever and has never worn one of those ....... ( same as burberry ... so smalltime )

just look plain ugly to me .... the coat itself is nice and smart but why the goggles ......... and if you wear glasses you pretty much fucked if it rains :D

personal opinion off course :thumbsup:

Heres some history on the brand, imo some of the most innovative clothes ever. imo massimo osti was the man back in the day all my fav clothes are from him, be it bourneville, www, mos, left hand, stone island & cp, stil look good today aswel, this fake shite stand out a mile, and its laughable

Home

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ps, lol wazza defo know you have been round the block lol,