Filo & Perry - Anthem

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

RipleyPillwall

Oct 16, 2002
South East London
What suprises me is all you "Notherners" who lap up the most poppy deriviative of "house" music ever throw scorn on this tune.

The euro trance music is not overlly important in this track - the chorus is a real hands i n the air , loved up , old school anthem. I did not know it had not been released - I ahd been telling anyone that it would be the tune of the summer (bit like "stonecold" a few years ago should have been). And I conced that when I hear it blaring out of Top Shop I may not love it as much...

But then I would have left the "zone" within minutes - judging by the play lists!!!

Maybe it is a north \ sarf thing!!!

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
What suprises me is all you "Notherners" who lap up the most poppy deriviative of "house" music ever throw scorn on this tune.

The euro trance music is not overlly important in this track - the chorus is a real hands i n the air , loved up , old school anthem. I did not know it had not been released - I ahd been telling anyone that it would be the tune of the summer (bit like "stonecold" a few years ago should have been). And I conced that when I hear it blaring out of Top Shop I may not love it as much...

But then I would have left the "zone" within minutes - judging by the play lists!!!

Couldnt get more south than me fella, Agreed! i no exactly where your coming from in terms of what the Chorus does to ya!!!

Get fucked you cockney caaaant :D

It doesn't matter what genre it is to me providing it moves me... from something as gnarly & minimal as Steve Poindexter - Computer madness or Technical Onslaught - The calling right thru to the fluffiness & unashamed happiness of summat like ASHA - JJ Tribute....

This leaves me cold I'm afraid

PS With you on Zone though ;)

:cool: phones: Radio Slave_Bell_Clap_Dance

Now thats what everybody whould be listening to :D
Pushing techno forward (Audiofly, Oliver Koletski, Martin Eyerer etc...)

Not resorting to the old formulaic vocal trance nonsense...
I could list hundreds of new stuff and never bend over to commercial shite like this poo plops