GoodTimes 22/6/02

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
Well, as far as tunes were concerned this was another corker !!!!

Was a bitr knackered from the marathoin drive round the country so apologies for not dancing quite as much as I normally do but this being a DJ/promoter's biatch/girlf/taxi/strop counsellor & receptionist is hard work !! !lol ;) :p J/k Ben hunni !!! :D :love:

Anyway, Fantazia kicked us off with quite a hard first set I thought - not quite the chilled style of first set we're used but I like it that way - ;) :thumbsup: It was a fantastic set & see Fantazia, I told you there was nothing to be nervous about ;) You did good !! :D:D:D:D oh, and 50 brownie points for playing My Friend Sam !!! :eyebrow:

Ben was up next & I have to marvel at his talents.... just endless. Never before have I seen a DJ eat his pizza, mix records, scratch & snog his girlf in the DJ booth all at the same time ...... and they say men can't multitask !! :king: :phones: :eyebrow: :p

RJ - Top set as per usual although I think I spent most of this time down in reception (sowwy RJ) I could hear most of the tunes tho & corkers they were :thumbsup: Had a bit of a boogie with Clare tho & sang our little hearts out :love: :$

Again I'm afraid I missed most of Mike Stewarts set as I was still downstairs & missionsing about but as far as everyone else said it was a good night !!

Finally due to Steve Luigi not being there (not Steve's fault btw) Bewn went on again & IMO, played on of the best sets he's played for AGES !!!!! I bounced, danced, boogies & jumped about to this one all the way through !!! And to end on Anhialating Rhythm Raaaaaaaah !!!!!!!! :phones: :phones: :phones: Hard & fast babe.... just right :shag: ;) :p

Good to meet Pacman & Mike (you're mate I think) at last - little Idie kid that you are :D :luv: Butty - you'll have a contender for your Ian Brown shuffle at this rate ;)

The hightlight I think though was Fantazia's reaction to Mike Stewart ....... Dave, I thought u were gonna pee your pants at one point & wasn't that an autograph I saw you getting ;) Awwwww bless. xxxxxxxx :drevil:

Top night was had by all (again !!

Roll on July (and my birthday) Raaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh !!!!!!!! :pixie: :mad: :eyebrow: :cops: :moonie: :pixie: :mad: :eyebrow: :cops: :moonie: :pixie: :mad: :eyebrow: :cops: :moonie:

top review pix

aye i will be back myself - lol less foooked this time - missed a top nite by looks though

The hightlight I think though was Fantazia's reaction to Mike Stewart ....... Dave, I thought u were gonna pee your pants at one point & wasn't that an autograph I saw you getting Awwwww bless. xxxxxxxx

lmao Dave u dj groupeeeeee u / ull be in competition with tim lol

hehe

al

Dj Britalian

Nov 19, 2001
On the edge
Tis was a corker this one Ben, top nite was had by all i think!:D

Nice Set Fantazia, lol, think i should start me own dj school, i'd make a killin:p (J/J Dave)

Me autograph of Mike Stewart & Sean Richmond is now been laminated:cool:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
I thought it was good night in all had a top laff, but it was a bit quiet, hope that this will be rectified soon...

DJ wise, well I missed Fantasia set except for the last 10 mins and what I heard was V Good. RJ's set was ace as usual, I liked Bens 1st set the best, cos he busted a few funky bouncy house tunes, nice one. Mike Stewarts set was OK, a bit cheesy in some places but he played some real gooduns nevertheless

Roll on the next night:king:

DJFANTAZIA

Nov 21, 2001
Warrington
Nice review Pix......

.....Although I feel the Brown Nose award should be evenly divided between my self and Britalian.:$

Big shout out to Ben Fisher and Gt Man (Mik)

Ben on Form as ever,........must get hold of that scratch tool.:thumbsup:

ps thanks for lending me your head phones Ben, mine were fookin useless, will be investing soon.

Rick Jones, great set, some real rarities played.:thumbsup:

Mike Stewart, mainly new skool, which is fine by me, I like most stuff with Piano in. :thumbsup: Think he played a few Crowdpleasers mixes Ive not heard before??....must investigate.

Excellent to meet all the peeps agin, that were there, and thanks to Mike Stewart and Sean Richmond for signing my original release of 'I Want You To Know' (Crowdpleasers)

Track Listing I played was:

Lee Marrow - Lot To Learn
Ruffcut - Talk About
Johnny Parker - Love It Forever
4 For Money - Moment In Time
Fifty Hertz - Get Up
Brothers In Rhythm - Such A Good Feeling
The Project feat Linda Rice - Get It Right
The Stoneage - Paleolitic
Love Inc - Love Is The Message (Steve Anderson DMC)
My Friend Sam - Its My Pleasure
--Brakes--
Sunset Regime - Ive Got The Real Feel
Urban Hype - A Trip To Trumpton (Dub)
Bizzare Inc - Playing With Knives (Climax)
JK - Beat It
DJ Icee - Tricks Theme
Stellar Haze - Believe In Yourself
2 Bad Mice - Bombscare.

See you all @ Life @ Bowlers Reunion.

;)

Peace

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

Last edited: