were the mondays sh*t or was it just me??

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
went to see em on friday and not being a shitter or owt but i thought they were wank! did anybody else go? your thoughts please, btw ian brown shat all over any gig i had ever been to, shit hot interval too with the shaolin monks on stage , the guy was god, suck my nuts he was a ledgend and thats not biased, but the mondays were a money train and didnt give a fuck about who was there where as ian brown did:thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Would have loved to have seen em back when they were making great music, but the reviews have kinda put me off:|

Seen Ian Brown though and he was well worth seeing:thumbsup:

yeah to true, i wouldve loved to see em in 1990 paul oakenfold doing warm up an everyone off their tits and happy, but friday was full of dirty looking tossers who were just up for a good twatting never mind seeing the band. as before when ian brown was on the week befor it was an event with (not being a twat) but pretty fly and cool looking people who were digging the tunes and the atmosphere, but the mondays were wank imo and atracted ton of scummy wankers and just churned out a sub standard set, the twang were well better and more crowd orientated, dont get me wrong , i didnt expect shaun and bez to ask me back for tea but it was a lazy performance, if there was a turd icon i would use it , but theres not so ill just say TURD!

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Saw the Mondays in Brixton a few weeks back . They were fucking great. :thumbsup:

It did have a 1990 feel about the warm up, but the crowd were seriously up for it for about 3 hours before.

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Well maybe hit and miss live .. . but Pills, Thrills and Bellyaches!:love:

What a life changing album for a young country bumpkin heading to Salford Uni many moons ago.

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
yeah to true, i wouldve loved to see em in 1990 paul oakenfold doing warm up an everyone off their tits and happy, but friday was full of dirty looking tossers who were just up for a good twatting never mind seeing the band. as before when ian brown was on the week befor it was an event with (not being a twat) but pretty fly and cool looking people who were digging the tunes and the atmosphere, but the mondays were wank imo and atracted ton of scummy wankers and just churned out a sub standard set, the twang were well better and more crowd orientated, dont get me wrong , i didnt expect shaun and bez to ask me back for tea but it was a lazy performance, if there was a turd icon i would use it , but theres not so ill just say TURD!

I went to that do at the G Mex and I thought they were disappointing.

Dont regret going to the gig itself at all tho, 808 State were miles better:)

Remember Oakenfold dropping Olimpia - You Want My Love as we walked in, everyone was buzzin. A few weeks before that I saw the Inspirals at the Ritz, the DJ dropped Acid Rock and that bouncy dancefloor went nuts :D

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
I went to that do at the G Mex and I thought they were disappointing.

Dont regret going to the gig itself at all tho, 808 State were miles better:)

Remember Oakenfold dropping Olimpia - You Want My Love as we walked in, everyone was buzzin. A few weeks before that I saw the Inspirals at the Ritz, the DJ dropped Acid Rock and that bouncy dancefloor went nuts :D

Saw the mondays July 1990 on the pills n thrills tour at the NEC. Have to say they sounded good, although they were about 2 hours late, Rowena fell over and some fecker pissed on me shoe..