Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Sounds like a good man for the job.. although it will take a small miracle to sort our lot out.. :rofls:

Bit pricey like.. :cops:

its not the manager thats the problem, the players are just not good enough.
Sven is a shit hot manager but he could only chose the players at his disposal. even thuogh he done a good job he was hounded out. He moves to city, gets his own players and starts playing lovely attacking football
The problem with us is that we are not as good as we think we are

lozatronic

Jul 27, 2007
Toronto
Sven is a shit hot manager but he could only chose the players at his disposal. even thuogh he done a good job he was hounded out. He moves to city, gets his own players and starts playing lovely attacking football

whilst I agree with this to a certain extent, I also still think that we are not achieving our full potential when you look at the way some of them play for their respective clubs..

this guys comments about the psychology factor with the players being as important as the training are interesting though..

whilst I know better than to have any expectations of our national team, it will be interesting to see what happens next..

p.s. :rotfl:
capellotutuDM1212_468x661.jpg

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
whilst I agree with this to a certain extent, I also still think that we are not achieving our full potential when you look at the way some of them play for their respective clubs..

this guys comments about the psychology factor with the players being as important as the training are interesting though..

whilst I know better than to have any expectations of our national team, it will be interesting to see what happens next..

p.s. :rotfl:
capellotutuDM1212_468x661.jpg

they play with better foreign players at their clubs though Loz

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton

Fazakerley ;)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
The more I hear about him, the more belief I have in him that he's the right man :thumbsup:

He's gonna shake up a few of the 'star' players from what i've read and replace them if they don't fit in and perform for the team:cool:

Maybe we've left the appointment too late though seeing as English players are getting squeezed out of our game to make way for established imports at the expense of the national team:mad:

Just wish we could replace the FA too, as they're money men, not football men:crazy: :naughty:

simzzzz

The more I hear about him, the more belief I have in him that he's the right man :thumbsup:

He's gonna shake up a few of the 'star' players from what i've read and replace them if they don't fit in and perform for the team:cool:

:crazy: :naughty:

shake up a few players ??? erm sounds a bit familiar that, Mclaren droppin Beckham only to bring him back ring any bells ????

to be honest I dont really know to much about Cappello appart from he has won something everywhere he has been, so thats a good start.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
shake up a few players ??? erm sounds a bit familiar that, Mclaren droppin Beckham only to bring him back ring any bells ????

to be honest I dont really know to much about Cappello appart from he has won something everywhere he has been, so thats a good start.

They both dropped the player and they both probably made a mistake, but many so called footy experts had already written Beckham off until the lacklustre performances in the internationals.

Fabio Cappello dropped him when he decided to play in the American league because he didn't believe his heart was in it anymore - which is probably true because you don't go there to win major trophies, he went there for the massive payday:S

The difference is, Cappello's a proven winner and he's ruthless in his decision making. he's unlikely to let big named players gain the upper hand or let anyone get too big for the boots and in this golden age were footy players are treated like superstars and may at times put footy second over other interests, he's hopefully going to make the players take their playing seriously and that's just what's needed in my opinion where fitness is crucial to optimum performance.