Xmas Randomness!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
I work for quite a large company and we have our own canteen that provides us with free food every day :D well yesterday I went to the canteen to have my lunch and there was a brass band playing jazzed up xmas carols :band:

I was sat there eating my lunch finding the whole thing really bizzarre when one of the girls started singing!! They were really loud aswell and were banging drums and cymbols and they had one of those 80's keyboards! :cool:

Has anyone else had anything that random happen to them this holiday season? :|

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
The posh bit of Liverpool
I work for quite a large company and we have our own canteen that provides us with free food every day :D well yesterday I went to the canteen to have my lunch and there was a brass band playing jazzed up xmas carols :band:

I was sat there eating my lunch finding the whole thing really bizzarre when one of the girls started singing!! They were really loud aswell and were banging drums and cymbols and they had one of those 80's keyboards! :cool:

LOL that is bizarre as hell, when you asy one of the girls do you mean one of your colleagues, that would tickle me big time :D

LOL that is bizarre as hell, when you asy one of the girls do you mean one of your colleagues, that would tickle me big time :D

I did think it was work people until I had a closer look and realised they were teenagers!

Today was even more bizzarre, it was our xmas dinner and not only did we have the traditional turkey and all the trimmings with crackers and wine, we also has DJ Andy spinning the tunes of xmas and the 80's with disco lights and a makeshift dancefloor!!! :rofl:

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
I did think it was work people until I had a closer look and realised they were teenagers!

Today was even more bizzarre, it was our xmas dinner and not only did we have the traditional turkey and all the trimmings with crackers and wine, we also has DJ Andy spinning the tunes of xmas and the 80's with disco lights and a makeshift dancefloor!!! :rofl:

hahaha thats mint, andy spinning the drastic plastic jeer :phones:

did you get up and make some shapes hehe? :)

Did you ask for extra gravy ?

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
I was dying to get up and have a cheesy dance, but noone would do it with me :( maybe everyone needed more than one glass of cheap wine lol or maybe I shouldnt have stolen another one when the waitresses werent looking :D

Could also be that you a random sort of gal, outgoing and funloving, and most of the people you work with are afraid of having fun hehe :)

oooo gravy :p

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I would have loved that!

The only slightly crazy thing to happen was the chinese trying to give me a mince pie and coffee after our meal. It just seemed so odd:confused:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I've never worked in an office as staff, but I do jobs in them through work occasionally.

Loving being looked after by the office staff in the place i'm working at in Darwen at the moment. They've taken me in like a stray dog and are looking after me feeding me quality street, toffee canes and providing smutty comments that enable my mind to respond in the way it was intended. The women rule that office and the men keep quiet and laugh it off, but not this lad who's been reared from a young adult on building sites to the potty mouth I am now:thumbsup: :D

driving

I was driving in the middle of know where in north yorkshire the other night and saw lots of lights and people either stoped or going realy slowly at first I thought it might be a car crash with police and all that but as I got closer it terned out to be a slay with santa but pulled by a tracktor and surrounded by what looked like bin men in hi vis and tinsel.... that was pretty strange so I carried on... only to run into another tracktor pulled santa about 10 miles away.

oh yeah hay everyone I havent posted in ages

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.

They do it every year where you work Sweet! It's a perk of the job.

Joanne missed it as she was not in, she was gutted!!;)
(about missing the christams dinner that is!)

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
I was dying to get up and have a cheesy dance, but noone would do it with me :( maybe everyone needed more than one glass of cheap wine lol or maybe I shouldnt have stolen another one when the waitresses werent looking :D

Ha ha, that sounds ace! I would have had a chessy dance with you!