Hot Countries

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
Bit of a random thread this....I have the opportunity (at some point in the future) to leave the UK and live in Malta (the wife is half maltese). Now this idea is appealing more and more as this country continues to go down the pan...it is also too fookin cold:mad:

The only nagging doubt is being able to take my tunes (it gets pretty hot there from may to oct peaking at 40 degrees), I would be worried about storage ect.

Any thoughts?

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Do it mate, honest do it, this country is going down the pan, i plan to do the same in Auzzie as my Sister is Migrating out there next yr, which means its easier for me to move out as well,

As for ya tunes, get them shipped over, it will be worth it!

Ill have to meet ya before you leave tho mate! i have many a tune i need to speak with you!

Hahaha!!

djpileup

Jun 11, 2007
Scotland
yeah go but keep your records away from sunshine. I learned that lesson from one time I left a 12" of Don pablos animals 'venus' on the back shelf of a hatchback on a hot day. When i returned it had major warpage. I could hardly believe how much vinyl can distort!

italianjunkie

Aug 16, 2004
adelaide-sth oz
Bit of a random thread this....I have the opportunity (at some point in the future) to leave the UK and live in Malta (the wife is half maltese). Now this idea is appealing more and more as this country continues to go down the pan...it is also too fookin cold:mad:

The only nagging doubt is being able to take my tunes (it gets pretty hot there from may to oct peaking at 40 degrees), I would be worried about storage ect.

Any thoughts?

well m8 i took all my vinyl when i moved to australia 5 yrs ago,as long as there not in direct sunlight your tunes will be fine
believe me you'll be making the best move,englands knackered

tucker2005

Aug 29, 2005
Eccles

Any thoughts?

malta's a mint place lived there last year.
your tunes will be right, most places will have air con over there ne way :thumbsup:

ne ideas what place in malta u fancey??

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
Do it mate, honest do it, this country is going down the pan, i plan to do the same in Auzzie as my Sister is Migrating out there next yr, which means its easier for me to move out as well,

As for ya tunes, get them shipped over, it will be worth it!

Ill have to meet ya before you leave tho mate! i have many a tune i need to speak with you!

Hahaha!!

Don't worry fella, its not gonna be for a little while yet, so Im sure we can sort those tunes out;)

Thanks for all the other advice, it seems that most of us think that this country is going down the pan, so its gonna have to be done at some point soon:thumbsup:

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
Gozo's really nice went there in 1987...was a bloody hot year that in Malta 40 degrees and it was the first time id been abroad.

yeah probably still very similar, although Im told malta has changed a lot. On the whole the both islands are great, the weather is fantastic, the people are very nice and they actually like the english (not like most other foreigners) due to the fact that we helped em out big time in the war and loads of maltese came to england in the 50's for work....hence why Im married to a half maltese girl:D

Mr Lee

Jun 19, 2003
Blackpool
I moved to Spain a few years back with 16 boxes of tunes, they'll be fine fella. Make sure your there when they are delivered as i had a box go missing Grrrr ! Got told one of the delivery guys was a dj in Alicante of the removal company. Could never prove it as they said they delivered them all. Robbing munty nunts!

Also dont leave them in Sun!

Thing is for me it went pearshaped, now half my tunes are left in garage gathering dust. Expensive to get shiped back over.

Best thing is to leave sum here , just in case it all goes wrong.

Words of wisdom !

The sun may be hotter but life isnt easier.

Party 24/7 thats one thing it has going ........ :crazy: :fekked: