4 x 4's

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Hmnn, i hate these. As Sods law would have it, i have been offered one for free. As i seem to be car-less and it would be a help i don't know what to do. The plus side is its quite new so i could just part ex it in a few months for the new car we were getting anyway. I just hate this type of car usually.

What everyone else's view on them then.

:S

Hmnn, i hate these. As Sods law would have it, i have been offered one for free. As i seem to be car-less and it would be a help i don't know what to do. The plus side is its quite new so i could just part ex it in a few months for the new car we were getting anyway. I just hate this type of car usually.

What everyone else's view on them then.

:S

You've become everything I despise ;)

j/k a vee-hic-el is a vee-hic-el innit - grab it with both hands...

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Fine if you live on a farm and drive through fields and up mountains. Bit over the top for going to Tesco.

Having said that though, there are some that do look quite smart, although the fact that it's a 4x4 wouldn't be a sellling point for me and neither would the size of the engines, given that petrol is over £1 per litre, lol :thumbsup:

But if it's free, then you've nowt to lose! :D

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
True 4 x4 . . . .Landrover. . . .Shogun. . . .Land Cruiser. . .

False. . .Tourag. . . Cayene. . . .X5. . . Owner of these get hysterical if they get dirty!

If you genuinely need a 4x4 fine. . . .otherwise I do not approve.

Still free car???

False. . .Tourag. . . Cayene. . . .X5. . . Owner of these get hysterical if they get dirty!

Still free car???

Deffo on Land/range rover :thumbsup:

Surely this is the epitome of 4 x 4 -ness ? :D

YouTube - Simpsons Canyonero

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003

Still free car???

Our next door neighbour has a Tourag, and he is a right dickhead. It is always spotless lol.

I don't know, i do need it- but i do have the money to just go out and get another, so i am not desperate. It seems daft to refuse a good newish car on moral alone. I would be helping the person out as well as they are very ill and just want it gone.

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
lol I misread that then as "our next door neghbour is a toerag" :axe:

Lol he is! He left his wife and son for another chick! We call her (new one) Moon Pig lol as her bonse is dead round with a wierd squashed face and nose.

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
the cad! theres a moon pig website, where you can customise your own greeting cards, maybe you should indulge her with one... ;) :D
Lol thats where i got it from.. I keep singing 'moooooon pig' whenever i see her!

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Our next door neighbour has a Touareg, and he is a right dickhead. It is always spotless lol.

I don't know, i do need it- but i do have the money to just go out and get another, so i am not desperate. It seems daft to refuse a good newish car on moral alone. I would be helping the person out as well as they are very ill and just want it gone.

Our potential neighbour has a Touareg and a Porsche 911. . . I will probably get a saturday job cleaning them for him!

Last edited:
Erm, did I miss something here? You have no car, and some kind soul is offering a quite new one for free, and you're turning your nose up at it because it's a four wheel drive?!:confused: If I had no car, needed one and was offered a free anything - even a 20 year old Sierra that smokes so much you can't see what's behind you - I'd say 'That's very kind of you, thanks very much' and drive it away! Particularly in light of the way you make it sound like you'd be doing them a favour by accepting?? Don't take that wrong btw, but a fairly new anything - 4wd or not - is far less polluting than an older vehicle, say pre 1992 with no catalytic converter (if that is your objection to them). The whole 'Greenie' thing of spitting on 4wd cars and pulling their wipers off etc is misguided to say the least.

That aside, I'm not a big fan of four wheel drives but they serve a purpose if you live in a rural area - and then you need a proper one ie a Land Rover. The X5's, Cayennes, Touaregs etc really aren't for off-roading, they're for image as others have pointed out.

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Essentialy it is the fact thats its a 4 x 4, there are other bits- massive insurance, more car tax, the logistics of climbing into/out of it when heavily preggo in a few months- along with the back breaking task of doing it with a six month old fat baby already lol. But you're right, it is crazy of me to refuse it for the main reason being i don't like them.

But you said you're getting a new car in a few months anyway, so costs and climbing in and out difficulties won't be an issue for long. If it were me, as I said, I'd take it and say thank-you-very-much. I wouldn't trade it in either, I'd sell it privately when new car arrives and give the previous owner a nice earner out of it once sold. One good turn deserves another and all that! Just out of interest, what model is it?