Christopher Columbus...not

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
I've been on holiday pretty much all corners of the earth but never been much of a traveller(as in..backpack and youth hostel shit)...love my home comforts and miss my family too much:D but always admired peeps that have the balls and stamina to just fuck off round the world and experience different cultures:D
So..hows about you..have you done it? Where have you been?

Have you not done it but are longing to?

Answers on a postcard:cool:

Last edited:

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
I've been on holiday pretty much all corners of the earth but never been much of a traveller...love my home comforts and miss my family too much:D but always admired peeps that have the balls and stamina to just fuck off round the world and experience different cultures:D
So..hows about you..have you done it? Where have you been?

Have you not done it but are longing to?

Answers on a postcard:cool:
I've not done it but it's something that I would definately do if I had the wonga.....

Places I'd go are the Carribean, Australia, China, Japan & the far east, Israel, Egypt (again), different parts of Africa and America.

I think Ewan McGreggor and Charlie Boorman (????) have got the right idea. They're doing the Long Way Down (From Scotland to Cape Town via loadsa different places) and they did the Long Way Round as well which I think was from London to New York (going East obv) on Motorbikes!!!

I'd love to do somet like that!! :cool: :cool: :mexican: :gigolo: :D

x

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
I travelled loads with the Airforce and have travelled a lot with my present wok in the last year or two. China was my best trip this year closely followed by Brazil.

japan is a place I want to go someday soon

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
I've never really related to peeps who say they dont want to travel :confused:
and I dont necessarily mean travel in the sense of jacking your job and donning a backpack and off you go, I mean even just visiting different places.
I'm also of the stance that i'd rather not visit the same place twice, or again and again. Its a big ol' world out there and i'd love to see as much of it as I can, while I still can! :thumbsup:

I think 'good for you' on the peeps who do go and tour around for a while on a shoestring, probs best to do it while you're younger though and have less ties and responsibilities, and more energy, lol.

Of all the places i've been so far , my faves have been Kenya, West Indies and Iceland :love:

My wish list would go like this :

Brazil (has been top of list for years, i'm determined to go there 1 day ~ so much I want to see there!) :love: :cool:
Fiji
New York
Vietnam
Malaysia
Singapore
Sri Lanka
Rome
Hawaii
Indonesia
Seychelles
Maldives
Alaska
Borneo
Transylvania

I'd also love to see such stuff as the Grand Canyon, Niagra Falls, The Pyramids, The Taj Mahal, The Great Barrier Reef etc.. and call me silly but I'd love to go on one of the Santa expeditions to Lapland at Christmas :love: :$
Wouldnt mind a few city breaks, such as Prague, Helsinki, Copenhagen etc..

and I've STILL not made it to the 'Dam yet :eek: :D

I think theres very few places I'd say no to if given the chance :thumbsup:

Dont want much do I? :$ lol

Oooh , threads like this get me all excited yet disappointed at the same time :D

Last edited:

tucker2005

Aug 29, 2005
Eccles
I travelled loads with the Airforce and have travelled a lot with my present wok in the last year or two. China was my best trip this year closely followed by Brazil.

japan is a place I want to go someday soon

what was the air force like. ive just signed up melself???

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
The lost city of Petra in Jordan would be pretty high on my list of places to go. It might not happen for a good while though, the way things are going in the Middle East at the moment... :(

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
The lost city of Petra in Jordan would be pretty high on my list of places to go. It might not happen for a good while though, the way things are going in the Middle East at the moment... :(

Adam,

Is that the temple hewn out of the side of a narrow desert ravine, as featured in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade?

If so, My Mum and Dad went there a few months ago and they are about as Indiana Jones as Daniel O'Donnell and Rose Marie.

Get your ass there! Literally, you can go by Donkey!;)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I've lived in Whistler, BC. Canada for most of the duration of the snowboard season about 3 winters back and it was a great experience, but very expensive. Around 10k altogether, but I don't regret doing it as I got out riding almost everyday and partied hard too:cool:

Really want to do a round the world trip next:cool: :thumbsup: