Reflect Review .....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Well, after spending a good 75% of Sunday asleep, and now being full of beans. I thought i had best do a review on this top night

I arrived at Vivas around 11.30, accompanied by my friend Sam(DJ Mule), Dougie, Goose and OSA very own star Nics to find that the club was already alive with up for it happy party people.

I remember playing at this club around 15 year ago, when it use to be called the underground, and boy have they done an amazing transformation with the old place. It really does have that Zanzibar feel to it....fantastic layout, good beer prices, and a great atmosphere to boot.

My friends and i where made to feel welcome from the very moment i walked into the club. Great welcome by the management team, and bouncers that the club can be very proud of.

DJ's

Only managed to catch a few tunes from Rob Baylis, but everyone a classic, and a top nice guy too:thumbsup:

Then it was Brett Millner, some real classic old tunes, and played with great fluctuation of tempo....would have loved to hear more, but Pluto had introduced me to the VIP room, and all it's free beer by then lol (Nice one Derick....sweet touch m8)

Next was OSA's master...Pluto, What can i say.....Had to be the best set i have ever heard m8....totaly floor-less. This to me shows what a DJ is really all about. He filled the dance floor in seconds, and commanded them throughout the whole set. Great tunes, played all at the right time and to perfection. I think if anyone else warmed up the night for K Klass....they would not have walked out to a more "ready for it" crowd than they got....Biggest respect to you m8:thumbsup:

Then it Was K-Klass......wow, Bobby was amazing. I was stood near the decks at this point, looking out over the sea of raised arms. It made me cry with happiness....ive not seen anything like that since Leeds Warehouse.....just for 15mins, i was back in 92, and every single 30 plus was 19 years old again......what a fantastic thing it was to feel part of that:)

Hats off to Bobby too, what a sweet girl, and great chatting with you

Andy Carroll was up next, Unfortunately i did not get to see alot of your set, as i was running back and fourth to the car, loved the remix you played of Bombscare though, would love an ID on that.....great to meet you Andy "The gate keeper of the kitchen mash up sink" lol:D :thumbsup:

Then last but not least it was little old me.....thought i played alright, but i did break my rule of drinking before playing which is never a good idea...Hope you enjoyed it

After that, we all went to Robs house (I think) for a mash up, Didn't get chance to stay long as my lite weight m8's had binned it big time by then :D

Was great to meet some of Dericks crew, great bunch of people. Managed to get my Copy of K Klass - Wildlife EP signed by Bobby and Paul, and was good to get a chance to chat with them....even if it was a limited time lol:thumbsup:

Big Big Big Thanks to Nics for making it all the way over from Manchester to come show her support. Sorry i was not the most talkative host on Sunday, was totally battered by then, and spent most of the day either asleep, or walking round my living room, scratching my head, and saying "errrrrrrmmm" a lot:fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

Good to see the Hazy crew there, I always have a great time in your prescents.....hope you all made home in time for work lol

Very Big thanks to Derik for inviting me over to play, i really had a great night, and yours and clubs hospitality towards my friends and I was second to non.

You have a great night started there m8, It has all the ingredients to progress and grow from strength to stregth....OSA folk, don't miss out on this one next time....it is worth the trip

Will defo be along for the next one......COME ON PEOPLE....come see what this side of the dales has to offer. I promise, you will not be disappointed !!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

grover

Jun 5, 2003
Oh what a night...

Had a brilliant night - Thanks to Dereck for inviting me to play...
I loved the new club - was like a cross between Rockshotts in Newcastle and The Zanzibar - Had a great feeling about it and the atmosphere was superb.
The people of Scarborough are really friendly too - and mad lol :D
Big thanks to Nics for making it all the way up to sunny Scarb and nearly getting lost on the way lol :king:
Big thanks to everyone else that turned up and made it a brilliant night :thumbsup:

derekhzll

Jun 23, 2006
A massive thank you to everyone who came the night last Saturday it was a major success with 400 people ripping the dancefloor apart.
All the djs were class but Pluto was on top form and it was the best i have every heard him play,Mick you should take great pleasure in knowing that along with Andy Carroll you are teaching Scarborough what real Oldskool is !
The pa went down a storm and a special thank you to Paul from k klass who drove up from a gig in Birmingham to be at the party he was even keen to play but i couldn't fit him into the bill.
Special thanks to Nics,Shazz and my second in command Lisa for all your support during the night:love:
A special thank you to Jaxx who not only played a great set but for helping me promote the night.
The Scarborough crowd are showing their support in all the events i'm doing wheather its sorting the Pigeon Detectives djs and afterpartys or underground Electro and Tech House nights the vibe will match any event in the country.

UNTIL NEXT TIME BIG LOVE TO YOU ALL !

Next Year events.

8th March....Tech House and Electro...Tim Sheridan (vvvwi,dc10) Andy Carroll
+ more TBC

3th May.......Tech House.....Wandy ( chibuku ),Dreamgirl,Andy Carroll
+ more TBC

5th July........Oldskool......Steve Proctor ( Shoom) Pluto, Andy Carroll ,Jaxx

More dates to follow.

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
fanfooookintastic!!

glad i made the choice to come over for this night, it was well worth it!!

after getting extremely lost seventytwelve times on the way there i finaly got to jaxxy's house got changed and straight back out the door over to scarborough with jaxxy n his crew, cheers fopr the liftage guys:love:

went for a swift one in some random harry potter type street location just before the club opened to get us all in the mood for a good night

got into the club and you just got that feeling you was in for a good night, friendly door staff and bouncers welcoming us randomers, proper friendly smiley crown as soon as ya walked in the door and ace barstaff:crazy:

saw some random scouser walking towards me....our plutes, took me into the vip bit where i saw our aunty shazz and the first words were...."wana vodka" well it would be rude not to eh lol, us all lording it up in the vip and then it was like a whirlwind of randoms coming in and out lol...scarface with his long leather jacket hiding his oozi lol (did we imagine that??) also mr jabber jaw...... clementines or satsumas and shazz;s class line "but are they part of the orange family lol"

heard the sounds of pluto on the decks so off we pop to see mike strutt his stuff......had the club rocking as per, dropped some quality tunes as always and got the club on there feet all hands in the air stylee...

he warmed it up nicely for k klass, bobby is a realy nice person, had a few quality random chats at diffo parts oif the nght

andy played a good set and dropped a few pearlers...went a bit cheese for me for a while but the scarborough massive enjoyed it all the same

had a case of jelly space legs so had to sit down for a wee while to gather my thoughts and get myself ready for jaxxy's set

played an absolute corker, nice n chicago style jus how i like it:love: was a shame people had it large early on in the night coz there wasnt many people left standing by 6am....but me n goose were still rocking:D

then back off to the mashup at what i can only remeber as goldenballs :rofl: "ssshhhh be quiet in the hallway" you could hear the tunes outside while we was trying to dodge the seaguls playing target practice :rofl: i took a safe havin in the kitchen with the madheads....i felt at home with andy and all the random bollox convo we all had....spesh about the mini silver coloured chrome coloured colinder :rofl: and the crystal covonia :rofl:

then eventualy back off to sunny york for a proper duvet day and plenty of random "EEERRMMSSSS"

muchos jaxxy the hostess with the mostess and cheif brewerupperer

also muchos to derrek for a quality night, shall be back up soon for another class night!!:love:

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
lololol...I forgot all about scarface :S ....he was weird, he looked a bit like the bad dude from "who framed roger rabbit" lol

Well looking forward to the next one, if you need any flyers putting out Derek...wing em my way m8, not a problem at all fella ;)

Shooms, if your up fpr the next one m8, there is always a place for you at mine cheif !!;)