Sasha embarrasments

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Oooooh that's a shocker :jawdrop: Never heard him play that...

I did have the red vinyl mind :$

I think I still have 2 copies of that :$ :eek:

Though in my defence they were aquired in bundles contain better tunes... honest!

koolherc

Aug 29, 2003
didnt mind that " Bridge over Trobuled Water " choon me:eek:

nah seriously he did play alot of cheesy stuff 1995/96! and that " Read my Lips" is jus takin the piss!!:mad:

Presuming Ed

yeah I agree that In a club these kind of tunes did't work, but musically a lot of the blue amazon, BT type tunes were quality IMHOphones:

No youre dead right..the production on alot of those tracks was incredible and was nice home listening stuff...The blue Amazon stuff for me was more club friendly, although it obviously borrowed heavily from BT's style

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
No youre dead right..the production on alot of those tracks was incredible and was nice home listening stuff...The blue Amazon stuff for me was more club friendly, although it obviously borrowed heavily from BT's style

Yes mate spot on. Stress was also a good epic label mid to late 90's, but BT was the daddy, I once did a 90 min mixtape of just BT remixes and originalsphones: was quality IMHO....must dig it out:p

Billy Liar

Sep 15, 2003
Uckerschmuck
I thought he was shit after 93...

I remember whilst doing the lights at the orbit,with slasha dj-ing, some spacecadet asking me, to ask him, if he would "finger " his bird.

Eh?

*M*A*R*C*U*S*

Aug 9, 2007
'Bridge...' was just a totally fuckin shit record full stop! Was it not embarrasingly dropped towards (if not last tune) his last Shelleys residency night?? Or was I realy that fucked I made this up... maybe LOL.

Anyway - on the production tip - 'Sea of Tranquility' is defo one of the worst piles of shatpank ever committed to plastic! :$ :naughty: Worthy only of melting imo. (I appreciate he was maybe only givin input & prob most likely didn't do a damn thing production wise - but his name was still put to it!) :moonie:

Billy Liar

Sep 15, 2003
Uckerschmuck
"shatpank"..reyt word...vince hilaire!

In true yorkist fashion gave him the two fingered salute much favoured by Kes and told him to take the "aerial"box he had on his head , off...
Then asked if she'd "show me her lettuce for a quid.."

Think that tale may have been abducted by mixmag in the "son of god" issue...only regaled as "asked to snog a blokes girlfriend."

Honest tho...to me he brought into question ,the concept of djz playing to suit the atmosphere/mood in the club, or a pre-arranged set,like watching a performer.
He only brought about 30 records each time he came....1500 nicker for a fkin programmed playlist....I-Tunes for the rave monkeys,20 years too early.
Huggy and John E-Bloc used to bring about 400 each.Much better jocks.
Think same could be said for a lot of the UK clubs residents at the time.