Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Been listening to the radio in work tonight and Fools gold was on straight after I just can't get enough by Depeche Mode.
Now I never ever thought I would say this but Fools Gold sounded proper dated and boring. Yet I just can't get enough still sounded like a fresh and vibrant pop song with a good hook and melody even though it is 9 years older
What ya's reckon, is fools gold boring?

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Been listening to the radio in work tonight and Fools gold was on straight after I just can't get enough by Depeche Mode.
Now I never ever thought I would say this but Fools Gold sounded proper dated and boring. Yet I just can't get enough still sounded like a fresh and vibrant pop song with a good hook and melody even though it is 9 years older
What ya's reckon, is fools gold boring?

Fools Gold is of it's time, but dated. . . I would have to say know. There is a good rabbit under the moon remix.

As for Depeche Mode, well just pure class. Was cutting edge at the time and still sounds full of energy and ideas.

New Life is a mother of a tune.

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
I just can't get enough by Depeche Mode.

I frikkin LOVE that track :king:
will never , ever tire of hearing it :thumbsup:
It was on as last track in a club I was in once and the place was just going beserk to it, it was mint :jumpin:

As for the Fools Gold question, nah dont think its boring at all, if anything maybe just that its showing its age more now / the era it came from?? Or maybe that its been heard so many times over the years it doesnt quite have the same effect anymore??
Its not my favourite Roses track anyway but I still enjoy listening to it :thumbsup:

*M*A*R*C*U*S*

Aug 9, 2007
Er - it is gettin on a few years now so yeah maybe it sounds dated production wise - but it's one hell of a tune - a bit like all their early stuff!

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Still an ace record and the Rabbit In The Moon Remix is top too, best remix of it imo as the grooverider one wasn't much cop.

I've yet to hear a bad RITM Remix or track though :king:

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
just can't get enough still sounded like a fresh and vibrant pop song

true enough saying that tho there is a bit of an electro synth pop revival going on at the moment. dont think fools gold sounds dated to me cos i listen to funk stuff anyway:thumbsup: